Agents Union Drive

Curious that the article is about the attempted organization of the AA agents, but the picture associated with article was of a US Airways agent. The US agents are already represented.

They probably had to go over to USAirways to find a bona fide agent that actually works for the airline

Reactions: 1 person
If AA's outsourced as much as you always insinuate, perhaps you can explain why the agent classification at AA still outnumbers that at US by a 2:1 ratio?

Yeah, no kidding. It's painfully obvious that the relative proportion of AA:US is reflected consistent with their agent staffing levels.

Yet, john john keeps repeating the CWA talking points, and said AA has outsourced so much that the Dallas Morning News couldn't find anyone in DFW who worked for AA (which is itself ludicrous, since the station is insourced for the core functions).

I'd put the union drive at a 70% chance of success this time, unless there's enough discontent within the pm-US folks to say enough is enough. Being non-union didn't impact the pm-AA folks much during the bankruptcy, and frankly, being union didn't really help the pm-AA or pm-US folks those who did have representation...

The PMUS not sure about PMHP know the value of a union, they were devastated when they were non-union.

Reactions: 2 people
It will be interesting to watch.

The prevailing attitudes in AZ, TX, and NC has been to eschew unions, while PA and IL embrace them. MIA is a wildcard...

But you are talking more about non-airline employees.

There is a reason why the airline industry is so heavily unionized.

We won the US ramp and the largest hub at the time was CLT.

Last election fell less than five hundred votes short of the required showing.I'd expect the AA agents to finally get their union representation this time around.

I know at LGA passenger service CSM's aren't too happy with the idea of losing total control over their toys.

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts