Aircraft maint issues

What we have is no more affective than what you have at American, when you have our management team that wants to pay us well in exchange for scope changes, and until we come to an agreement we will be sitting at our current wages since 2012, just see who will blink first , so it my eyes it's really no different than you guys trying to get a contract, regardless what Swamt tells you guys, that is our reality at SWA !

I see you are over here crying on the American mechanics shoulders. They soon will tire of you as the SWA members did. Quit your whining and complaining and back your union dude.

I see you are over here crying on the American mechanics shoulders. They soon will tire of you as the SWA members did. Quit your whining and complaining and back your union dude.
Like we had 2 mechanics at the protest in Oakland, the rest pilots and F/ A s, that should scare them, I am not crying to them, just letting them know that the picture you guys try to paint of AMFA the great savior , it not what the great white horse, like you try to sell to them, you pom pom boys can't argue with logic, so sad!

Last edited:
Maybe so.

It's hard to say.

Mechanics would definitely have more options if they were not "seniority locked" that is for sure. The company might sing a different tune if they knew the mechanics would walk out on them in an instant and go work for a competitor offering better wages and benefits.

Then again they might outsource and the MRO's would do what many factories are doing now, using temp services to hire cheap illegal labor.

Or they could lay off the oldest workers with no regard to seniority. They do this to their own management now.

Or they could lay off the oldest workers with no regard to seniority. They do this to their own management now.
OldGuy, the "L's" will tell you that seniority is a farce anyway. He feels that prevents the good worker from progressing both in pay and better shift and day off assignments. Your comment is something that I don't believe he would have a problem with if the company felt the junior guy was a better worker (i.e kiss ass) and was making less money.

OldGuy, the "L's" will tell you that seniority is a farce anyway. He feels that prevents the good worker from progressing both in pay and better shift and day off assignments. Your comment is something that I don't believe he would have a problem with if the company felt the junior guy was a better worker (i.e kiss ass) and was making less money.
Yeah you are right my friend. Getting rid of the old guy who can't run up the tail dock stairs anymore and keep the young whipper snapper. That is until the young guy becomes the old guy and then we need a union right? haha. Good to "See" you my friend.

Buck I think the issue is they are both international multi employer UNIONs. I have always said and continue to say the best option is a UNION of ONLY American Airlines employees.

The Mechanics at American, at least at TULE have again failed to realize that under Industrial Unionism, especially the TWU and I have watched them for over 33 years, that everyone that is a union member is a Technician, even the Fleet Service and other non A&P's. Therefore when benefits and compensation are brought to the negotiation table everyone is the same. There is no difference in a member.

What we have is no more affective than what you have at American, when you have our management team that wants to pay us well in exchange for scope changes, and until we come to an agreement we will be sitting at our current wages since 2012, just see who will blink first , so it my eyes it's really no different than you guys trying to get a contract, regardless what Swamt tells you guys, that is our reality at SWA !

When compensation is discussed at the negotiation table the company position is the number of technician's per aircraft. Isn't the difference at SWA that a different representitive is conducting business for the non A&P's? The A&P at American has generally held the lowest compensation of their careers. Why, because it is an Industrial union and the difference that I have pointed out.

I am not going to get into a personality fight with you and swamt.

Yeah you are right my friend. Getting rid of the old guy who can't run up the tail dock stairs anymore and keep the young whipper snapper. That is until the young guy becomes the old guy and then we need a union right? haha. Good to "See" you my friend.

Guys I think your being a bit unfair to the "L's".

Do you guys deny that the UNION has used seniority as a means of control and manipulation?

Do you deny that your seniority date and the industry being heavily UNIONized keep you from seeking opportunities elsewhere? Were it not for being "seniority locked" how many of you would have an application in at UPS right now? You stay because you don't want to lose the perks your seniority provides. Surely we can all agree on that?

Frankly they (AA and the Association) have a nice tool to make sure they can do whatever they want and their experienced labor stays put.

I think these are fair and truthful criticisms.

I am not saying seniority is a bad thing, but it does come with some baggage, it is up to you to decide if the "price" you pay for seniority is worth the cost or not.

Don't delude yourself into thinking seniority has no cost, because it most certainly does.

When compensation is discussed at the negotiation table the company position is the number of technician's per aircraft. Isn't the difference at SWA that a different representitive is conducting business for the non A&P's? The A&P at American has generally held the lowest compensation of their careers. Why, because it is an Industrial union and the difference that I have pointed out.

I am not going to get into a personality fight with you and swamt.
Your right it is your guys board, we at SWA have the lowest ratio of mechanics to aircraft , the language is 2.75, in reality we are at 3.1 , that is the only reason we get paid what we do, a very small group. I just hate it, when someone says if you didn't have your association, or hints at it, you could have what we have, in reality you only get what management is willing to give you.

If you don't respect seniority. You are very uneducated. Do you time and shut the HELL up. A guy with two years thinks he should have everything that I have after 32 years. You Mother should have swallowed you and done the world a favor.

If you don't respect seniority. You are very uneducated. Do you time and shut the HELL up. A guy with two years thinks he should have everything that I have after 32 years. You Mother should have swallowed you and done the world a favor.
Seniority is all we have, you give that away, which would never happen, you have nothing!

Experience is great and generally appreciated and awarded monetarily in non union jobs.
Seniority on the other hand means the worst worker makes exactly the same as the best worker and that you have little to no career options, which in the end limits your earning potential. It is a huge determent to the majority and only really benefits the few.

Experience is great and generally appreciated and awarded monetarily in non union jobs.
Seniority on the other hand means the worst worker makes exactly the same as the best worker and that you have little to no career options, which in the end limits your earning potential. It is a huge determent to the majority and only really benefits the few.
No one would ever vote to give their seniority away, then you would be a at will employee, if you were doing a good job and your boss, didn't like you, get you out put his buddy in there!