Aircraft maint issues

Thank you to those being civil on this thread.

DallasConehead "could" be right about the boards of both airports saying no? Or it could also be especially in DFW the fact that Fleet had never done the assignment in the past that I'm aware of.

It could be an issue in those two airports of complication that they just don't want to mess with for now?

In MIA there were clerks who performed the task prior to 2005 and many of those clerks are still with us and I'm sure are itching to do that work again.

In other locations you also have the US clerks who are already performing that work and once a JCBA is in place they would probably be the ones training people who have never done it before?

A simple call to any Maintenance Reps in DFW and ORD should give the reason why maybe for now the Company excluded those two cities from the list?

I am not sure if the Taxi Tow issue is going to apply either while training or eventually once moved to Fleet Service. The new compensation under the chart in the contract states that Fleet Service will be compensated plus $1.92/hour?

ARTICLE 4 – COMPENSATION

(f) Cross Utilization Pay Guides

(1) When an employee, hired prior to February 11, 1983, is cross utilized in excess of the time parameters outlined in Article 11(h) of this Agreement into a classification having a higher top chart hourly rate than that of the classification in which he is regularly employed, he will be compensated the additional hourly amounts for those hours as specified in Article 11(h), as indicated on the following attached chart. ( continues )

Where are you coming up with an extra $1.92?

Not saying that you're wrong but could you provide the link. I'm wondering if this job assignment is applicable?

Come on Buck. Don't make excuses for the company to fall short of the stated compensation. That's very similar to falling for the concessions for jobs song and dance. No, Parker and company have stated Delta+7%. They are on record that we will have that industry leading contract on DOS. I and I would hope many others will hold them and the illegitimate, unelected association to it! No more excuses.

The reason Parker went down to 3% was because he provided us with the PS because people were screaming that they wanted it too and he capitulated. He supplemented the PS from our direct wages.

I would have preferred we didn't raise a stink about the PS issue until "after" we had all locked in our wages under JCBA's. Then people could have let er rip all they wanted.

I'd personally prefer to go back to the original 7% myself and let the Company swallow that dud PS.

The poster asked why DFW and ORD were not on the list. I gave what I believe are the reasons and data to add weight to my arguement.. If someone believes differently thats their choice

Whats more the runway incursion occurred at DFW because the Goldhofer AST1 was mechanically incabable of stopping on short notice with the load of a 777-200 in tow, not a lapse in judgement.

From what I was told in the classroom by an ORD city instructor who gives class for aircraft movement on the airport, the reason for mechs moving aircraft has nothing to do with how busy airport is, because having mechs do the movement is the rule the CITY has and that United Airlines is in the process of getting that changed. It's Chicago and there are a lot of commissioners to go through. Don't know about DFW, i'm sure for a similar reason.

Are as far the goldhofer goes, sounds like a tower fault for not giving enough notice to goldhofer crew or goldhofer was going to fast.

The FAA has no problem with work being outsourced all over the world....but they are super strict on mechanics-only moving aircraft. I doubt it.

Well now, you think the debate is about fleet personnel not having the skills to drive tractors, and AMTs should just get used to it. In exchange for what?

You're suggesting the line AMTs give up on more work we have done for decades without a fight? People wonder why line AMTs have never trusted the TWU, or Tulsa IGMs.

From what I was told in the classroom by an ORD city instructor who gives class for aircraft movement on the airport, the reason for mechs moving aircraft has nothing to do with how busy airport is, because having mechs do the movement is the rule the CITY has and that United Airlines is in the process of getting that changed. It's Chicago and there are a lot of commissioners to go through. Don't know about DFW, i'm sure for a similar reason.

Are as far the goldhofer goes, sounds like a tower fault for not giving enough notice to goldhofer crew or goldhofer was going to fast.

Hearsay...

There's a whole thread about the incident, look it up. Just my belief, but, I doubt UA or AA can dictate to Airport boards what they can do on their airport.

The following is my belief and has nothing to do with arrogance:

IT IS about loss of work. We as a group (FAA Certificated Airmen with the ratings of Airframe and Powerplant) keep telling ourselves and everyone else that, it's okay, those guys can do that work. And sure, with enough training and experience they can. But,,, we already have the training and experience, we went through schools and took training courses have lifetimes of experience behind us making the call on bigtime safety related issues with 100s of lives in the mix and millions of dollars worth of equipment. Is there some arrogance there? You bet...Ive paid my dues along with all the other A&Ps at this airline. .When do we put our foot down and say enough? Will it be when there are just 2 of us left sitting in the break room wondering what happened and no longer have the power to do anything about it?

Well now, you think the debate is about fleet personnel not having the skills to drive tractors, and AMTs should just get used to it. In exchange for what?

You're suggesting the line AMTs give up on more work we have done for decades without a fight? People wonder why line AMTs have never trusted the TWU, or Tulsa IGMs.

No you shouldn't give up without a fight. But the problem you do have is that because of the 1983 agreement either time the work has been shifted back and forth between groups a grievance on the issue was filed and lost in Arbitration.

The MIA Fleet Local tried it in 2005 when the work was shifted back to you and lost.

The Arbitrators name was Bernard and the Council for the locals name was Hal Burgette.

If Gary tries to file a grievance and run with past practices you can be sure the Company will pull out those past Arbitrations that were found in their favor.

Come on Buck. Don't make excuses for the company to fall short of the stated compensation. That's very similar to falling for the concessions for jobs song and dance. No, Parker and company have stated Delta+7%. They are on record that we will have that industry leading contract on DOS. I and I would hope many others will hold them and the illegitimate, unelected association to it! No more excuses.
I base my statement on a conversation of a TWU Local 514 Officer. If you believe I like the idea of adjusting our compensation because of the population of union members instead of the going rate for A&P Mechanic work, you are far off my intent. I am not making any excuses. You continually quote the 7% when it has openly been "converted" to 3%. Compensation is not just the dollar per hour figure. I want all we can get and believe that even now we should be compensated with the same holidays etc.. as our fellow LUS mechanics. Are we not adhering to their CS Policy? Have you seen the Equity Letter from TWU 591? I would hope that it is not similar to the Prefunding Letter.

Where did you come to the conclusion that I want more AMT jobs lost?
Guess you haven't been reading my posts on this issue. I am suggesting NO SUCH thing that AMT's give up more work WILLINGLY. What I am saying is that we are the work group that have lost and will continue to lose. Do I like it? NO! The company made it clear they are proceeding with this change.
My point about fleet service doing the moves is that they will be trained to do so, and will get proficient at it, whether or not, we, as mechanics like it.

Where did you come to the conclusion that I want more AMT jobs lost?
Guess you haven't been reading my posts on this issue. I am suggesting NO SUCH thing that AMT's give up more work WILLINGLY. What I am saying is that we are the work group that have lost and will continue to lose. Do I like it? NO! The company made it clear they are proceeding with this change.
My point about fleet service doing the moves is that they will be trained to do so, and will get proficient at it, whether or not, we, as mechanics like it.

Well, that's all our work group has done under the TWU's watch - is lose. I guess to add insult to injury, we would be expected to help them screw us as well? Local 591 better start stepping up.

Well, that's all our work group has done under the TWU's watch - is lose. I guess to add insult to injury, we would be expected to help them screw us as well? Local 591 better start stepping up.

No argument there. But that has been the history of the TWU at AA going back to 1983.

No argument there. But that has been the history of the TWU at AA going back to 1983.

That's been pretty much the entire industry with the exception of SWA since Deregulation. But I do believe that there have been "people" in the TWU who have conspired against you (and us) over the years.

I don't "feel" that the "people" in there now are like some of those in the past?

That's been pretty much the entire industry with the exception of SWA since Deregulation. But I do believe that there have been "people" in the TWU who have conspired against you (and us) over the years.

I don't "feel" that the "people" in there now are like some of those in the past?
Based on what?

I could care less about your "feelings".

Your feelings are not facts.

Actions and results are facts.

Actions and results are what sane people base decisions off of, not "feelings".

What actions and results have you seen that make you think this group is any better?

You try to insinuate this group is better with nothing of any substance to back it up.

Based on what?

I could care less about your "feelings".

Your feelings are not facts.

Actions and results are facts.

Actions and results are what sane people base decisions off of, not "feelings".

What actions and results have you seen that make you think this group is any better?

You try to insinuate this group is better with nothing of any substance to back it up.

Delete.