Aircraft maint issues

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by conehead777, Feb 15, 2017.

1. swamt

swamt Veteran

I noticed at the end of the article when they were comparing AA to other airlines they only mention AA compared to UAL and Delta only for pay, then they add Southwest to the comparison only dealing with the outsourcing of maintenance. Your union should be working on getting SWA into the comparo with the other airlines when it comes to pay, also, they need to get UPS and FedEx in there too, then it would be a true industry leading contract. Just placing you guys above UAL and Delta IS NOT an industry leading contract as there will still be 3 other airlines with better contracts when it comes to pay and bennies...

2. DallasConehead

Top Poster Of Month

#262 DallasConehead, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2017
    "Local union leaders say management has promised an industry-leading contract and they believe their members deserve to get paid more than United and Delta mechanics, who are scheduled to receive pay raises that leapfrog them above American’s pay.

Seymour agrees that the contract should be industry-leading, but it’s difficult to negotiate each individual contract article better than the competitors. American already performs more of its own heavy maintenance work than Delta, United or Southwest Airlines."

Again with regards to FAA Certificated Airmen with ratings of Airframe and/or Powerplant Mechanic that currently are employed by American Airlines as Title 1 AMTs about this article? And also SWA FAA Certificated Airmen with ratings of Airframe and/or Powerplant Mechanic that are employed by SWA as AMTs.

It seems to me the company likes to compare outsourcing rates with SWA but not pay and benefits and of course our representative seems unable or unwilling to push the issue and it seems it has been this way for as long as I can remember.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/b...talk-blog/article139252468.html#storylink=cpy

3. MetalMover

MetalMover Veteran

I think we can all see how this is playing out. but what about the irreconcilable differences between the IAM and TWU? We simply cannot leave these items open ended or wind up in arbitration. Or maybe we can and have this drag on even further.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Flying low

Flying low Veteran

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Does the IAM get automatic pay raises if their contract goes past the amendable date? That is something I've heard and want to verify.

5. Buck

Buck Contributor

Could you educate me as to how your current position in the work force as in computer networking for a living on a large scale (that thing you call the internet)could place the lives of humans in jeopardy?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. skinvalve

skinvalve Advanced

In the event a JCBA at the new AA has not been ratified prior to 9/12/17, a 1.5% increase to the base rates of pay will be applied and the amendable date of the agreement will become 9/12/18 This is from page 112 of the M&R IAM Agreement which can be pulled up on Jetnet.

7. skinvalve

skinvalve Advanced

page 112 is from my hard copy at home. If you pull up the M&R IAM Agreement on Jetnet go to Article 18 Wage Rates and Article 23 Duration for the same language posted above.

8. bigjets

bigjets Veteran

That article sounds like something the TWU would be against, because it's forward thinking.

9. bigjets

bigjets Veteran

I would like to see a contract sooner rather then later. I have a feeling Trump will start a war with someone in order to get re elected, a war president doesn't get voted out of office.

10. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

I won't go into specifics due to the nature of my job.

I will provide you a hypothetical example however.

Hypothetically, I could make a mistake in a router or switch and impact 911 services for an entire community.

Is that enough jeopardy for you?

11. Flying low

Flying low Veteran

Thanks.

12. Buck

Buck Contributor

I see, but unlikely, why the deflection? You could make general statements concerning these mistakes without devulging any company copyrights. My guess is that if you made a mistake?? the call could be rerouted in a split second unless another mistake was made. I guess you are working for the CIA or NSA being super sensitive.

13. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

Very likely. It has happened. Google it.

No deflection. You asked how my job could put lives in jeopardy and I gave you an example. I provided EXACTLY what you asked for. You sir are the one doing the deflecting.

I don't make general statements about our network and I don't comment on what customers we serve.

14. MetalMover

MetalMover Veteran

AHA....This couldn't be the source of CIA leaks, could it?;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

No. It could not.

16. Buck

Buck Contributor

Have you not deviated the subject of this forum from Aircraft Maintenance?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

This whole thing started when a poster started complaining about how American Airlines was screwing him into the ground. I asked him why he felt he was being screwed into the ground when he was earning 6 figures a year with a full benefits package and only a 2 year investment in education. He could not provide a decent answer so he deflected with the statement he should be paid for his responsibility. I showed him examples of occupations with life and death responsibilities that earn half of what he does (some with higher job entry requirements).

Then you tried to be a smart ass and challenged me to show you how my job could put lives in jeopardy. Then after I provided you an example you realized you stuck your foot in your mouth and went on the offensive.

You opened the "off topic" door when you asked me to educate you as to how my job could put human lives in jeopardy. I answered your question. You stated I was deflecting. I pointed out to you I gave you exactly what you asked for. Now, you are using the answer you asked me for to accuse me of deviation.

You are a real piece of work Buck.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. DallasConehead

Top Poster Of Month

#278 DallasConehead, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2017
    Your a piece of work dude, I never said pay by responsibility. Must be one of your alternate facts. I said pay because I have more then 35 years in the game, they compensate me for my experience not my school. Besides that, you have no idea, how do you know my school was 2 years, your just throwing alt fact bs again dude.

Your a washed up mech that couldnt handle the heat, so you got out of the fire and then think you have cred to come on here and make comment about it.

19. paul1

paul1 Veteran

On Jetnet watch ORD Maintenance Town Hall 3/22/17 Ord guys asked a lot of good questions and comments

• Like Like x 1
  20. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

#280 La Li Lu Le Lo, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    You know what, you are right. That was lineguy43. My mistake.

The program here for A&P at Tulsa Tech is 2 years. I based my comment on that information.

http://tulsatech.edu/classes/fulltime/aviation-generals-airframe/
    http://tulsatech.edu/classes/fulltime/aviation-generals-powerplant/

Now YOU are the one throwing out alt fact bs. I was NEVER a mechanic. I was a FSC at TULE.

I would not be an aircraft mechanic. Not saying it is not a good job, just not for me. That and to hear you guys tell it the sky is falling (loss of pay and benefits, offshoring, non licensed mechanics).