Aircraft maint issues

Has anyone stop and thought about what getting an Industry Leading Contract means?
It means that for us to get the best, or even match the best in pay and benefits and contract language, the company also wants the SAME as the other carriers. That includes SCOPE. If the other, higher compensated and better benefitted carriers outsource more work in all areas, then that is what will be expected of us.
As I have said time and time again, we should never ever have to concede anything again going back to 2003.
But realistically that is not how it is going to get done.
If both sides do not budge from their respective positions, then we can expect a longer wait ala United/Continental.

Has anyone stop and thought about what getting an Industry Leading Contract means?
It means that for us to get the best, or even match the best in pay and benefits and contract language, the company also wants the SAME as the other carriers. That includes SCOPE. If the other, higher compensated and better benefitted carriers outsource more work in all areas, then that is what will be expected of us.
As I have said time and time again, we should never ever have to concede anything again going back to 2003.
If both sides do not budge from their respective positions, then we can expect a longer wait ala United/Continental.

What are you saying MM? Are you willing to concede scope for true industry leading in other areas? What %are We really at now? Does anyone even know? Looking at ASOM every night. I see many of our airplanes at third party vendors. Our work at DWH has really slowed down. Only a matter of time before we see a RIF imho.

Metalmover it's sounds like you guys are we are at, AMFA position is they want industry leading too, we want the pay, but we don't want the scope gutted. I think where AMFA made their mistake is they almost had a T/A on the scope language, and then increased their economics from what their last proposal was, and the company balked.So when SWA knows you are willing to trade your scope for economics, the company just turns around and puts out emails and road shows, look guys this is what we are offering, your union is holding things up. So then the company just has to wait, and then your union starts looking like the bad guy. Especially when it drags out.

What are you saying MM? Are you willing to concede scope for true industry leading in other areas? What %are We really at now? Does anyone even know? Looking at ASOM every night. I see many of our airplanes at third party vendors. Our work at DWH has really slowed down. Only a matter of time before we see a RIF imho.
I said no such thing about conceding anything. All I’m saying is to understand what is implied by ILC. The company is going to want something in exchange for an ILC. Otherwise I can see us in for the long haul. Everyone is anxious for a contract but only on our terms. In reality it does not work that way.

Thanks Topcat. 100 sounded like a lot but they say we are adding cities out of IAH so I guess it makes sense. We had 15 kickoffs at one time and no AMT doing checks overnight. I never understood that.[/QUOTE
I said no such thing about conceding anything. All I’m saying is to understand what is implied by ILC. The company is going to want something in exchange for an ILC. Otherwise I can see us in for the long haul. Everyone is anxious for a contract but only on our terms. In reality it does not work that way.

Yeah, as the Negotiations drag on, LAA AMTs lose more vacation and sick day accrual. Over the course of going on 3 years of negotiations - that is at the least 6 weeks we can kiss goodbye. Realistically, when has the TWU ever won against the company on an issue like this? The TWU is left with basically two choices, agree to the company scope proposal, and give us industry leading pay and benefits, or agree to sub par pay and benefits, and maintain the scope. Then, 6 months later those who thought their jobs were safe - are RIFed. Sound familiar? Well, it should! Cause that's the way the TWU rolls.

On the other hand, the IAM strategy is to slow walk the negotiations into "section six openers" as was suggested in the video. This ensures their members upwards of 3 years of their better medical and pension accrual at the expense of the LAA AMTs. I think we have put up with enough of this lack of urgency from both the association and the company.

TWU Protest in Times Square NYC.

B7210AB1-6DD7-411B-9AD0-3EE57614ED52.jpeg 2C83F717-4BDA-449C-89CA-9EB1EA4DD1D9.jpeg 62571C86-D64F-4C66-A1DE-BD1206B30589.jpeg

https://mobile.twitter.com/transportworker/status/920658761559232512

October 18, 2017

INTERIM WAGE INCREASE AGREEMENT

Brothers and Sisters,

The TWU/IAM Association and American Airlines agreed that, as part of the interim wage increase agreement negotiated in August 2016, any members that were disadvantaged would be corrected and made whole. The first correction in 2016 affected 33 members.

The parties are pleased to announce that this year, 27 LUS Stock Clerks will receive lump sum payments for incorrect placement on the pay scale as a result of the August 2016 interim wage agreement.

In addition, 163 LAA Title 1 and Title 2 members will receive lump sum payments as result of the negative impact on flex rates as a function of lengthening the pay scale by that same August 2016 interim wage agreement.

The above described payments will be in the October 20, 2017 pay cycle.

Any questions about these payments should be directed to your local TWU or IAM representative.

I’m glad to see the company is making it right for the stock clerks. What about the members in aircraft maintenance. I know someone who has to wait for arbitration to see if he will get his pay adjusted!

I’m glad to see the company is making it right for the stock clerks. What about the members in aircraft maintenance. I know someone who has to wait for arbitration to see if he will get his pay adjusted!

And what Title are Aircraft Mechanics Matt?

“In addition, 163 LAA Title 1 and Title 2 members will receive lump sum payments as result of the negative impact on flex rates as a function of lengthening the pay scale by that same August 2016 interim wage agreement.

Any questions about these payments should bedirected to your local TWU or IAM representative.”

Members of the Transport Workers Union have asked President Trump to stop what they say is the unsafe outsourcing of airplane maintenance jobs to other countries.

The union staged a protest in Times Square on Wednesday over American Airlines new $100 million investment in a new maintenance facility in Brazil and its failure to reach a deal with TWU workers.

“American Airlines, which is making billions of dollars a year in profits, is investing $100 million to build a new aircraft maintenance facility – in Brazil,” the union said in a letter to Trump. “Bring American Airlines back to America.”

The protest is outside of the Times Square Tower, where the union has been holding tense contract negotiations with American Airlines. So far, the sides have been unable to reach any agreements.

The rally includes hundreds of baggage handlers, pilots, and flight attendants from around the United States who are worried about losing their jobs to workers in countries.

http://nyp.st/2xOPCow

B66943CC-0413-4498-B239-7A97D678F1F1.jpeg

And what Title are Aircraft Mechanics Matt?

“In addition, 163 LAA Title 1 and Title 2 members will receive lump sum payments as result of the negative impact on flex rates as a function of lengthening the pay scale by that same August 2016 interim wage agreement.

Any questions about these payments should bedirected to your local TWU or IAM representative.”
We at LUS don’t have title 1 or 2 techs. Everyone is classified as Senior technicians.
So that being said, what about LUS technicians????

We at LUS don’t have title 1 or 2 techs. Everyone is classified as Senior technicians.
So that being said, what about LUS technicians????

Since this information only just came out you should contact one of your IAM reps to find out exactly what this news means.

My Title Group was also not mentioned in this update.

The twin-bay wide-body hangar will house the airline’s Boeing 777-300ER aircraft, which are the largest twin-jet aircraft in use today and consequently feature the biggest diameter turbofan engines of any commercial airliner. The new hangar will provide a state-of-the-art environment in which extensive heavy maintenance can be performed, up to and including engine and landing gear replacements.

http://www.aaoutsourcing.com/