Aircraft maint issues

Even if the employees at the non-US stations are AA employees, they are subject the countries labor laws. Those in Brazil are not earning mechanic wages based on our contracts.Just as the overnight's in say Frankfurt, Germany work under the local labor agreements.

NY Daily News.

But Samuelsen said the company was playing semantics and trying to keep the public in the dark about the airline industry’s “dirty little secret.”

Many in the U.S. are unaware of just how many vital maintenance jobs have gone overseas to improve profitability for airlines, he said.

“Jet mechanics in the U.S. have to pass serious background checks, while there’s no verification in, say, South America,” he said. “For all we know an Al-Qaeda mechanic is working on our planes down there.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ane-message-trump-jobs-safe-article-1.3572750
I think the only way that works is if something happens. You probably have a better chance of Nazi Germany descendants than Al- Qaeda people. But you never know. People care about price, being on time, the nice looking F/A bringing their drink, and their bags showing up.

FB_IMG_1508338272594.jpg

FLEX RATE UPDATE FOR 10-20-17

On this morning's system conference call with Local 591 President Gary Peterson there was a long discussion held regarding the status of the Flex Rate. On the call, it was mentioned there have been some members who have begun receiving their pay adjustments. Additionally, there are some Flex Rate affected members who have not received any adjustments. According to Peterson, the company has informed him they are still working on the list. To date, the list has not been furnished to the union from management. If you are in the Western Region and feel you have an issue (have not received an adjustment or feel the amount you have received is incorrect, please email Local 591 Regional Chair Mike Delgadillo ( [email protected] ) or John "J.R." Ruiz ( [email protected] ) with the following information:

Name:
Employee Number:
Department:
Station:
Occupational Seniority Date:
Issue:

We will be working locally with the Human Resources representative in our region to work out each request.

Because everyone has a different hiring date and were at different steps, the aforementioned information must be provided.

Thank you in advance.

John T Ruiz
Regional Vice President
Western Division
TWU Local 591

October 20, 2017

Association, AA Executive Session Negotiations Continue

Brothers and Sisters,

The Executive Negotiating Committee met face to face with American Airlines this week in New York City.

As was previously reported, an Association subcommittee met last week in Dallas to review and designate what Letters of Agreement would be retained in the JCBA, should be discussed during negotiations to incorporate into articles of the JCBA, or removed. All TWU and IAM Letters of Agreement inside and outside of the current CBA’s were reviewed for all groups.

Discussion this week centered around ASAP (Aviation Safety Action Program), GSAP (Ground Safety Action Program), Grandfathering Limited Duty, Overtime procedures for M&R and MLS as well as preliminary Scope discussions for Fleet Service.

The discussions on the ASAP/ GSAP Memorandums of Understanding are an effort to combine the TWU and IAM programs into a single program to cover all M&R and Stores under the ASAP and Fleet Service under the GSAP.

We had previously tentatively agreed to the Limited Duty Article; further agreement was reached to grandfather anyone currently on limited duty from an on the job injury for all groups.

Discussion on overtime distribution procedures for M&R and MLS continued and will support the previously tentatively agreed to Articles for Overtime.

The Seniority Article for Fleet Service has been tentatively agreed to.

Negotiations are scheduled to resume on the following weeks: November 6 in Washington, DC and December 11 in Dallas.

Fraternally,

Fleet Negotiating Committee:

Mark Baskett William Fa Mike Fairbanks Tim Hughes

Steve Miller Tim Murphy Pat Rezler Art Risley

Andre Sutton Rodney Walker Bill Wilson

Mechanic and Related/Stores Committee:

Jason Best Mike Bush Ken Coley John Coveny Dale Danker Mark Huffman

Bennie Martino Gary Peterson Rollie Reaves Sean Ryan Jay Gleeman Mark Strength

and people like you are exactly why union labor is still stuck in the 1960s and companies want you gone.

When Delta finally opened a in-house station in GRU i was thrilled. It is simply stupid to expect the airlines not to do some maintenance on their fleets when they sit 10-12+ hours in places like GRU, GIG, EZE and SCL. Me personally I want to see line stations opened by Delta in all of those stations (already have GRU).

Expecting airlines to do all their maintenance in the US but members of the worthless union is a joke. The costs of that would be stupid high.

PS I don't think I have seen you complain about the hangar AA has at EZE...... (also staffed by non-union AA mechanics, AFAIK)
So better that any chance your Company has to send Aircraft to other Countries to have as much work as possible done on them cheaply, the more you agree with it? Is that how I’m reading you Dawg?

Tulsa would love you negotiating for them I bet.
topDawg you are wasting your time dealing with fools.

The stupidity of WeAAsles remark should tell you expecting sanity from some of these people will be an uphill battle.

Reactions: 1AA
Doesn't seem like neither AA or the association is in any big hurry to get a contract done. With only 2 weeks of negotiations scheduled for the rest of the year, Another year of 5 sick days and 5 weeks max of vacation, 5 holidays 1.5x

UAL, 7 weeks VC and 10 sick 10 hw
LUS , 10 sick and 10 hw x2 pay.

Unbelievable.
Nobody but ourselves to blame for voting in the association. Oh yeah we didn't. I thought one union one voice was a big union talking point at one time.

Thx for letting me vent.

Doesn't seem like neither AA or the association is in any big hurry to get a contract done. With only 2 weeks of negotiations scheduled for the rest of the year, Another year of 5 sick days and 5 weeks max of vacation, 5 holidays 1.5x

Unbelievable.
Nobody but ourselves to blame for voting in the association. Oh yeah we didn't. I thought one union one voice was a big union talking point at one time.

Thx for letting me vent.
Hey I got a great idea. Let do informational Picking again. That should scare the Hell out of the Company.

That is a fantastic poster. Love it and what it says and implies.
I think this unbelievably foolish CEO statement of the century would be more plausible if DUI Doug had a tumbler of Johnny Walker on ice in one hand, whilst leaned over a bar in AZ.

Que the Dos Equis man....

" I don't always make moronic statements about the worlds largest airline as the CEO, but when I do, I put on my DUI Doug mask and pretend I'm back at America Worst."
DE_c0-27-655-408_s885x516.jpg

Unbelievable.

Thx for letting me vent.
Let me amend this post if I may.....the IAM half of the association and the negotiating committee is in no hurry to get a contract done. All we have been hearing from the TWU is that the company is not negotiating in good faith. The union should be fully transparent in telling us abut how the IAM will not let them bring back ANYTHING back to us that negatively affects the IAM members. The main sticking point is their medical.
So here we are...The TWU who way outweighs the IAM in every, way, shape or form, is being held hostage by the IAM minority.
The IAM crowd could not care any less about outsourcing, they already gave that store away over two the course of two bankruptcies. Why in the world would they be in any hurry when they have a better contract than we do?
This is one of those many reasons why two unions sharing is a terrible idea. To top it off, they have an equal share in negotiations representing only 1/3 of the combined membership. Before you know it, the holidays will be here and our IAM counterparts will earning more those holidays than we do. Their 2018 benefits will still be better and less costlier than ours.
Everyone still think the ASSociation was a good idea?

Maybe its time for the TWU members start protesting the TWU and IAM.

Let me amend this post if I may.....the IAM half of the association and the negotiating committee is in no hurry to get a contract done. All we have been hearing from the TWU is that the company is not negotiating in good faith. The union should be fully transparent in telling us abut how the IAM will not let them bring back ANYTHING back to us that negatively affects the IAM members. The main sticking point is their medical.
So here we are...The TWU who way outweighs the IAM in every, way, shape or form, is being held hostage by the IAM minority.
The IAM crowd could not care any less about outsourcing, they already gave that store away over two the course of two bankruptcies. Why in the world would they be in any hurry when they have a better contract than we do?
This is one of those many reasons why two unions sharing is a terrible idea. To top it off, they have an equal share in negotiations representing only 1/3 of the combined membership. Before you know it, the holidays will be here and our IAM counterparts will earning more those holidays than we do. Their 2018 benefits will still be better and less costlier than ours.
Everyone still think the ASSociation was a good idea?

Maybe its time for the TWU members start protesting the TWU and IAM.

As much as I would like to blame the IAM leadership, it was our very own Jim "diploma mill" Little" that sold us out. Of course the IAM leadership isn't without blame either as they sit idle, and uncaring - whilst LAA AMTs languish under a contract negotiated in BK. Couple that with the company hiring Jerry Glass, a labor hating POS if ever there was one negotiating on the companies behalf = recipe for disaster for getting a contract.

Latest posts

Back