Aircraft maint issues

Its a result of what an old guy told me years ago, " hey kid its not what you earn but what you spend." A lifetime of not owning new cars or big houses, but instead choosing to live below the means and not living in a high cost area, but instead packing up and leaving that area even though it was a nice place. Choices.

And laughing hysterically at those fools who remained in those high cost of living areas as well I bet? Ha Ha Ha to those suckers. IGM.

Its a result of what an old guy told me years ago, " hey kid its not what you earn but what you spend." A lifetime of not owning new cars or big houses, but instead choosing to live below the means and not living in a high cost area, but instead packing up and leaving that area even though it was a nice place. Choices.
Well some us chose NOT to uproot our lives for that better cost of living. After all a low cost of living area is not necessarily a high quality of life area. After all, if millions of people relocated to those low cost of living areas, they wouldn't be low cost for long!

I was reading the Doug is talking about opening up the pilots contract to possibly increase their wages to Delta and United's. I can't believe that this could happen.

I was reading the Doug is talking about opening up the pilots contract to possibly increase their wages to Delta and United's. I can't believe that this could happen.

Not exactly what the article from the street said. However it certainly wouldn't surprise me. It would piss me off though.

Deal says airlines face three options. First, they can strategically place more qualified mechanics on the ground across their global flight paths. “That is unrealistic in most cases,” he says. Mechanics earn an average of $50,000 per year; both senior and junior mechanics are needed and must work in shifts. And travel, accommodation, expenses and facilities must be paid for.

Second, airlines can fly a qualified mechanic out only when needed to fix an aircraft. But this could take days, and aircraft sitting on the ground may cost $10,000-150,000 for a couple of hours.

The third choice is using a wearable or mobile device to augment local engineering skills with the expertise of more qualified technicians from any location at any time.

Virtual reality simulation can also speed up maintenance training. ICF Vice President Jonathan Berger estimates virtual reality could shave one or two years off training programs. Deal says augmented and virtual reality could reduce training times, improve efficiency and bring huge cost savings.

http://m.aviationweek.com/aviation-...eality-could-help-close-skill-gap-maintenance

Deal says airlines face three options. First, they can strategically place more qualified mechanics on the ground across their global flight paths. “That is unrealistic in most cases,” he says. Mechanics earn an average of $50,000 per year; both senior and junior mechanics are needed and must work in shifts. And travel, accommodation, expenses and facilities must be paid for.

Second, airlines can fly a qualified mechanic out only when needed to fix an aircraft. But this could take days, and aircraft sitting on the ground may cost $10,000-150,000 for a couple of hours.

The third choice is using a wearable or mobile device to augment local engineering skills with the expertise of more qualified technicians from any location at any time.

Virtual reality simulation can also speed up maintenance training. ICF Vice President Jonathan Berger estimates virtual reality could shave one or two years off training programs. Deal says augmented and virtual reality could reduce training times, improve efficiency and bring huge cost savings.

http://m.aviationweek.com/aviation-...eality-could-help-close-skill-gap-maintenance

No substitute for experience

You can't they are trolls with no life. I guarantee weasel had his lunch money taken away on a daily basis. Probably still does.

I give you something completely maintenance related to "try" to get you guys back on topic and you instead focus on me?

I "thought" you "might" find the article interesting?

Easy. Focus on the topic and I'll enjoy sitting back and just reading your comments and learning from you.

Aircraft maint issues
I seriously doubt it. You jump on my stuff because you admitted you hate me. I dont know you.

Recent was AMT openings in CLT. Remember?

I seriously doubt it. You jump on my stuff because you admitted you hate me. I dont know you.

Never said I hate you. But with you it's always just an agenda to try to push something you want instead of having real conversations on any issues.

But on that one instead of just simply answering the mans question you went with "Stay away, the Association is a disaster"

He never asked for yours or anyone else's opinions on anything. He just wanted to know if there were any job openings. Which I (the non mechanic) found for him. Something you should have done.

Here give me your honest take on this then?

http://marketrealist.com/2017/03/be...labor-costs/?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=feed

No substitute for experience

The 777-200s are getting a little squirrly now, when we first got them, you could go in the MAT, look up the Maint MSG and go to the FIM and solve the issue.

Now sometimes there is no Maint msg or the FIM will take you on a long winding road you know leads no where because of your EXPERIENCE. Now on these types of faults you will need to go back to your troubleshooting EXPERIENCE of reading schematics and wiring prints

IMG_2289.JPG
TWU Local 100

It's very obvious that the company and or the association are not taking negotiations very seriously. According to the update next negotiations are scheduled for April 17th. Looks like we are down to once month negotiations. So 3 days net negotiations a month! Some fucking help isom's commitment to get it done and the internationals participation.

He hates anybody with a different opinion then his self. And anyone with a mechanics license are pilots license. He hates mechanics who want a different mechanic union only. He like our coat tails though .

Back