Aircraft maint issues

Excellent point Conehead. Thank you for posting. As far as the union explaining anything.... Isom pretty much called them liars. Still no reaction from either the TWU or the IAM.

OldGuy not so sure what the point would be to come up with a response at this moment since the Association Leaders will be meeting tomorrow in DC and like the Mechanic said in the video of course the Company side won't show up till Tuesday.

IMG_2279.PNG

Remember this was announced Jan 13 and the term used was to "Expidite outstanding economic issues"

Two things, I never mentioned AMFA, you did. Second I'm only concerned with the M&E members. This is a topic for Aircraft Maintenance issues. Are you in Aircraft Maintenance or M&E?

I'm sorry you're right I'm not in Aircraft Maintenance.

Well I guess you should ignore this Gary Peterson rebuttal of Isom's comments at the Maintenance ORD Roadshow then.

I highly doubt YOU would have posted it anyway.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?sns=fb&v=VLwfyAF_Zoc

So, on cue. As soon as an FAA Certificated Airman with the ratings of Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic currently employed by aa as a Title 1 AMT brings up valid points about a lack of representation and response by our so called representation, in come the non certificated people to attempt to spin the conversation and eventually shut it down. We have seen it before and should understand the poster(s) are hired trolls whose intensions are to spin the conversation from valid criticism of the Ass to anything else.

Wake up guys.

So, on cue. As soon as an FAA Certificated Airman with the ratings of Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic currently employed by aa as a Title 1 AMT brings up valid points about a lack of representation and response by our so called representation, in come the non certificated people to attempt to spin the conversation and eventually shut it down. We have seen it before and should understand the poster(s) are hired trolls whose intensions are to spin the conversation from valid criticism of the Ass to anything else.

Wake up guys.

Not at all. Here get back on topic and talk about this video instead of being a little nervous paranoid guy.

Here was your response in case you're choosing to ignore it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?sns=fb&v=VLwfyAF_Zoc

Last edited:
Your cut and paste is week at best = as we all know that is not the stats that even the company uses. Get real for a minute, we are talking about our competitors UAL, DAL, SWA, even LUS, etc.. Might as well throw in UPS and Fed Ex as well, when competing for new talent in the profession.
So you want to discard the median income for your specific occupation and only accept the information that is convenient for you. I get it.

What makes you any better than an A&P at Eagle, JetBlue, or Omni? Don't all of you work on commercial passenger aircraft? Don't all of you have a license?

Also I love it when a mechanic at American Airlines makes a claim his pay reflects his "experience and expertise" when his pay is solely dependent on seniority rather than productivity, knowledge, or aptitude. That is always good for a laugh.

Why don't you get real?

Last edited:
View attachment 11553

Remember this was announced Jan 13 and the term used was to "Expidite outstanding economic issues"

First para speaks volumes. Why in the world hasn't the "top leadership of the TWU and IAM been at the table? This is quite frankly the most important contract to be nego in decades. Why haven't they been there this whole time? That, to me, just states that this asso. is NOT all that serious about getting to an agreement and is just allowing the company to drag their feet. You need the big decision makers at the table, otherwise your just spinning the wheels and going no where.

First para speaks volumes. Why in the world hasn't the "top leadership of the TWU and IAM been at the table? This is quite frankly the most important contract to be nego in decades. Why haven't they been there this whole time? That, to me, just states that this asso. is NOT all that serious about getting to an agreement and is just allowing the company to drag their feet. You need the big decision makers at the table, otherwise your just spinning the wheels and going no where.

SWAMT this comment doesn't make any sense? On the one hand guys complain when the Leaders step in because they feel it's all now some type of setup and they're being sold out. But now you're saying that Leadership should be there from day 1?

Haven't you been reading these threads the last few years?

SWAMT this comment doesn't make any sense? On the one hand guys complain when the Leaders step in because they feel it's all now some type of setup and they're being sold out. But now you're saying that Leadership should be there from day 1?

Haven't you been reading these threads the last few years?

Not sure about a "setup", but the leaders getting involved now doesn't give me too warm and fuzzy a feeling. For the company NOW to say that mediation probably would be needed means they are far apart on key issues. Sounds to me like they aren't budging on these items and I do not see the leaders changing their positions. For us to get a decent contract seems more likely now that we will all have to give somethings up or concede on certain issues. Otherwise we can find ourselves going on for years without a contract. If the association chooses to dig in and not change their positions, then we will be living under current conditions for quite some time.

Not sure about a "setup", but the leaders getting involved now doesn't give me too warm and fuzzy a feeling. For the company NOW to say that mediation probably would be needed means they are far apart on key issues. Sounds to me like they aren't budging on these items and I do not see the leaders changing their positions. For us to get a decent contract seems more likely now that we will all have to give somethings up or concede on certain issues. Otherwise we can find ourselves going on for years without a contract. If the association chooses to dig in and not change their positions, then we will be living under current conditions for quite some time.

I don't know Metal. Parker sounded very different in the other Town Hall? Wondering if we've already seen the movie before?

Parker says "We have to do something" to get them the money. Association Leaders step in and we got the money.

Parker again says "We have to do something" to get these contracts done. Association Leaders step in and?

And you also heard Gary say that's he's glad their stepping in. If he's glad they're stepping in then you have to ask why is that? What's going on in there maybe besides the Company we "might" not know about? I wish someone had said to Parker and Isom, get YOUR butts in there.

And of course there is zero reason why you guys shouldn't have a better "contract" than UAL now has. If it's bad though you vote it down and send them back to the table. 95% no on that first UAL TA was a very powerful message.

I don't know Metal. Parker sounded very different in the other Town Hall? Wondering if we've already seen the movie before?

Parker says "We have to do something" to get them the money. Association Leaders step in and we got the money.

Parker again says "We have to do something" to get these contracts done. Association Leaders step in and?

And you also heard Gary say that's he's glad their stepping in. If he's glad they're stepping in then you have to ask why is that? What's going on in there maybe besides the Company we "might" not know about? I wish someone had said to Parker and Isom, get YOUR butts in there.

And of course there is zero reason why you guys shouldn't have a better "contract" than UAL now has. If it's bad though you vote it down and send them back to the table. 95% no on that first UAL TA was a very powerful message.
WeAAsles, maybe we need to ask why is it even necessary to bring the international leaders in to help a contract along. As we all know, the money issue alone cannot pass a decent contract. And to all of a sudden hear the word "mediation" after all this time negotiating isn't too encouraging.
Unless the "leaders" strongly suggest the association meet the company on their demands which they are obviously apart on, I don't see too much progress being made. But who knows...Wait and see I guess.

WeAAsles, maybe we need to ask why is it even necessary to bring the international leaders in to help a contract along. As we all know, the money issue alone cannot pass a decent contract. And to all of a sudden hear the word "mediation" after all this time negotiating isn't too encouraging.
Unless the "leaders" strongly suggest the association meet the company on their demands which they are obviously apart on, I don't see too much progress being made. But who knows...Wait and see I guess.

"maybe we need to ask why is it even necessary to bring the international leaders in to help"

Certainly not an unreasonable question to ask. Although it seems to me both Parker and Peterson like that they're coming in. Who else is glad they're stepping in can be another question? Or who's not happy could be another?

No. Unlike my group throwing in some more money is not going to entice you guys to vote yes IMO. So just throwing in a little more to the percentage you already have and adding some of those other items Gary talked about might not be enough?

You noticed how he mentioned UAL gave a massive buyout for it to pass. That "could" work?

"maybe we need to ask why is it even necessary to bring the international leaders in to help"

Certainly not an unreasonable question to ask. Although it seems to me both Parker and Peterson like that they're coming in. Who else is glad they're stepping in can be another question? Or who's not happy could be another?

No. Unlike my group throwing in some more money is not going to entice you guys to vote yes IMO. So just throwing in a little more to the percentage you already have and adding some of those other items Gary talked about might not be enough?

You noticed how he mentioned UAL gave a massive buyout for it to pass. That "could" work?

Since they like to mention United and Delta, then maybe they need to actually offer things like those carriers did and not simply just demand those airline's work rules.

Since they like to mention United and Delta, then maybe they need to actually offer things like those carriers did and not simply just demand those airline's work rules.

I think and I really mean this. You guys should set the bar that those other two need to follow. Pay, benefits AND jobs.

Latest posts

Back