Aircraft maint issues

Great video by GP. Like the part at about mid way where he says "whatever it takes" that was our phrase during these long awaited nego's since the company said they will get a 5 year pay freeze from us. Stickers, buttons, hats, shirts flyers everywhere they all said "whatever it takes". It really showed the unity of the work group. I think you guys should run with it, let the company know that you guys will do do "whatever it takes" to get your well deserved ILC. Good luck to you all and BTW, when is your next nego sessions set for???

Great video.

But i'm sickened by the fact that I have to come here and hear this from someone from the TWU. Essentially a different union from a different company than I'm at now. We're part of this "marriage" also.

What say you Association?
What say you IAM?

Cowards.

Local 549 said it's been trying to negotiate an updated contract with UPS for more than three years, and the dispatchers have gone approximately four years without a wage adjustment. Local 549 said UPS "has not shown serious interest in reaching an agreement," adding that under federal law a flight can’t depart without the approval of the dispatcher and the pilot in command.

“It is incredibly irresponsible for UPS to risk their air delivery service for their customers by playing labor games with such a critical group of dedicated professionals,” TWU International Rep. Gary Petersen said in the release.

Local 549 said the strike authorization allows officers to ask the National Mediation Board to be released from federal mediation, and then call a walkout after a mandatory cooling-off period.

In a statement to Atlanta Business Chronicle UPS said:

Under the U.S. labor law that governs airlines, this vote does not give the TWU the right to strike. The vote is simply a show of solidarity common in airline negotiations; there is no threat of a strike. UPS continues to negotiate in good faith for a contract that is good for our flight dispatchers, our customers and our company. We are confident talks will be completed without disruption to our customers.

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta...ing-to-be-paid-like.html?ana=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

Bill Benson: The latest rumor is that Benson was speaking of Job Actions?

I would also like to post and see what you guys think.
Still in BOS, the IAM Mechanics are grabbing the Logbook
at pre-departure and not letting the TWU Mechanics sign because of In Accordance With?

Great video.

But i'm sickened by the fact that I have to come here and hear this from someone from the TWU. Essentially a different union from a different company than I'm at now. We're part of this "marriage" also.

What say you Association?
What say you IAM?

Cowards.

Don’t know if you’re in CLT Real tired? But if you are I hope this helps.

9B3AD19A-83E0-42BA-8BCF-7CE10EDE9358.png

Bill Benson: The latest rumor is that Benson was speaking of Job Actions?

I would also like to post and see what you guys think.
Still in BOS, the IAM Mechanics are grabbing the Logbook
at pre-departure and not letting the TWU Mechanics sign because of In Accordance With?
When did following the manual become a job action? When did using the proper tool or procedure become an option? Cover your ass guys!

View attachment 12696

Remember that update was written by an IAM Fleet Negotiator particularly for his members that he represents in his city.

These people should go out occasionally and gauge the Membership to see how they feel. And follow what they gain from that experience.

We pay them, they don’t pay us.

Reactions: B737 driver
Remember that update was written by an IAM Fleet Negotiator particularly for his members that he represents in his city.

These people should go out occasionally and gauge the Membership to see how they feel. And follow what they gain from that experience.

We pay them, they don’t pay us.
It's good that Mark does that, keeps his members informed. But it does seem as though it's us vs them at times.
And although not intentional, that last update from Mark made it seem so even more. He is talking directly to his IAM members. This is by no means a slap on Mark, just the awkwardness of the Association.

When did following the manual become a job action? When did using the proper tool or procedure become an option? Cover your ass guys!
I agree. Got assigned to help with a drop in engine change. The mech that took charge was assigning guys to get this and that. We needed a overhead crane controller to remove the fan cowls. Toolroom said it was checked out so instead of waiting this guy proceeded to get it done manually. Most wanted to wait for the controller but gave in and helped him remove the fan cowls. If anyone had gotten hurt the we wouldn't have anyone to blame but ourselves. Someone asked me if I was going to vote for the contract the company is trying to push on us. I said we don't even have a TA. He said "don't you want to make $55 an hour"? (not sure where he got that from) I told him to read the rest of what they are offering. He just gave me a blank look. I'm afraid if the union decides to let this go to a vote, between those that want the early out and those that are looking at a raise that might put us at the top for a short time it could possibly pass. Hope I'm wrong.

I agree. Got assigned to help with a drop in engine change. The mech that took charge was assigning guys to get this and that. We needed a overhead crane controller to remove the fan cowls. Toolroom said it was checked out so instead of waiting this guy proceeded to get it done manually. Most wanted to wait for the controller but gave in and helped him remove the fan cowls. If anyone had gotten hurt the we wouldn't have anyone to blame but ourselves. Someone asked me if I was going to vote for the contract the company is trying to push on us. I said we don't even have a TA. He said "don't you want to make $55 an hour"? (not sure where he got that from) I told him to read the rest of what they are offering. He just gave me a blank look. I'm afraid if the union decides to let this go to a vote, between those that want the early out and those that are looking at a raise that might put us at the top for a short time it could possibly pass. Hope I'm wrong.
People always take the money

View attachment 12696

That's real nice and everything, that someone finally said something. But after all, it was the CLT based Piedmont Fleet group that hate the union and overwhelmingly voted to go non union for 10 long years.

Those guys are in a fog down there. They think they are the center of the universe and nothing can happen to them. This company could turn that place into a ghost town as fast as they did here in PIT. And then the crying would really start.

So excuse me if I sound self centered, but I'm not concerned with the catering jobs in CLT.

What about the overhaul jobs in CLT? What say the Association?

That's real nice and everything, that someone finally said something. But after all, it was the CLT based Piedmont Fleet group that hate the union and overwhelmingly voted to go non union for 10 long years.

Those guys are in a fog down there. They think they are the center of the universe and nothing can happen to them. This company could turn that place into a ghost town as fast as they did here in PIT. And then the crying would really start.

So excuse me if I sound self centered, but I'm not concerned with the catering jobs in CLT.

What about the overhaul jobs in CLT? What say the Association?

Sir I just provided you a place if you worked in that City where you could speak to those reps and maybe gain a little insight.

Otherwise maybe you should contact one of your DL 142 reps and ask them to start giving you better information than it does seem Rep Baskett provides to his members.

Sorry I tried to help.