Aircraft maint issues

We were told way back that the co. will email us the t/a and the numbers, so we wait for that. Once it's all out I'm pretty sure there will be links on the AMFA National web site.

I know of 2 mediators you guys can pick as they should be available now that we have the t/a... LOL. Just kidding. If you guys use our mediators be prepared for 2-4 years longer.

I think we are close. Its just the last two issues are big and very important to the respective unions. Looking at the rest of the industry, I think a mediator will push any deal in that direction. LUS loses medical and LAA loses on scope imho. Even with the scope loss, LAA still stands to gain far more than the LUS folks.

We were told way back that the co. will email us the t/a and the numbers, so we wait for that. Once it's all out I'm pretty sure there will be links on the AMFA National web site.

I know of 2 mediators you guys can pick as they should be available now that we have the t/a... LOL. Just kidding. If you guys use our mediators be prepared for 2-4 years longer.
I hate to tell you, you are not officially released from mediation, until you approve a contract.

I think we are close. Its just the last two issues are big and very important to the respective unions. Looking at the rest of the industry, I think a mediator will push any deal in that direction. LUS loses medical and LAA loses on scope imho. Even with the scope loss, LAA still stands to gain far more than the LUS folks.

They need to relent and accept whatever it is that the Company wants to offer. There is no point in going into Section 6 or bothering the NMB as the Government isn’t going to move the needle in our direction.

And after a Contract is locked in you guys can put all your effort in to going your own way.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile...supreme-court-unions-organized-labor.amp.html

Time is money. You are losing money every month that you have no deal you are also losing money on the next deal too. The sooner you have a deal the sooner it will be amendable. Do you guys really think the company wanted to get deals with every other union group and then got to you and said that's it, no more nice guy? You are never going to keep the LUS medical or the LAA pensions and if those are what the union has been banking on you should have already de-certificated them, everything else you want is probably doable right now.

Time is money. You are losing money every month that you have no deal you are also losing money on the next deal too. The sooner you have a deal the sooner it will be amendable. Do you guys really think the company wanted to get deals with every other union group and then got to you and said that's it, no more nice guy? You are never going to keep the LUS medical or the LAA pensions and if those are what the union has been banking on you should have already de-certificated them, everything else you want is probably doable right now.

I agree. They should grab whatever they can get right now and lock it in for as many years as the Company will give them and then go on their own and fend for themselves.

Umm, LAA pensions have been gone awhile now. Frozen in chapter 11.

Too bad the IAM didn’t want to take a vote, they would have had all the power and speak as one voice. Instead of this BS association.

They need to relent and accept whatever it is that the Company wants to offer. There is no point in going into Section 6 or bothering the NMB as the Government isn’t going to move the needle in our direction.

And after a Contract is locked in you guys can put all your effort in to going your own way.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile...supreme-court-unions-organized-labor.amp.html

If we do go to Section 6, which I think might happen, we could be talking years before we get to the point where we would be assigned a mediator.

If we do go to Section 6, which I think might happen, we could be talking years before we get to the point where we would be assigned a mediator.

Don’t go into Section 6 unless you prefer to waste your time.

Take what the Company gives you and move on. Seriously.

The game is over.

Don’t go into Section 6 unless you prefer to waste your time.

Take what the Company gives you and move on. Seriously.

The game is over.
Trouble is the IAM half of the NC will not agree to bring back anything that affects their medical or IAMNPF.

Last edited:
Yea sure it’s only the IAM. So Dale must be keen as hell to flush all those jobs in Tulsa right?

Uh huh.
Maybe, But for that to happen the TWU half will have to hold steadfast and I don't think that is the case where as the IAM's main concern is the medical followed by the IAM NPF

Maybe, But for that to happen the TWU half will have to hold steadfast and I don't think that is the case where as the IAM's main concern is the medical followed by the IAM NPF

I really mean what I’m saying. When the final offer comes both Unions need to snatch it.

The game is over.

Back