Aircraft maint issues

Not defending anyone in Fleet, but please show me where it is written that my $62,000 a year job was designed to be used as a stepping stone to a better paying, higher level position. Is that fact, or just your opinion and take on Fleet. I must say, I missed that memo and yet have made out pretty good without taking that next step.
[/QUOTE]

I understand us doing work that you guys use to have. I would agree that's bullchit, I've said it many times before. I have have also added that if they were to return the work to their rightful owner, I would be fine with that. I have also made it known in the past that you guys got shafted on half pay sick days. How in the hell would the TWU allow that.
I'm sure there are a few things I'm leaving out. But I have also had a huge problem with mechanics who feel I'm overpaid. And who feel by virtue of me being overpaid it somehow restricts you from realizing you your top pay.
I respect you guys and hope you get the highest pay in the industry...but I will not accept being blamed for the mechanics not getting the best nor will I apologize for what I earn as a clerk. I'll leave it at that.

The Boeing and Airbus mx u talk about, I heard 26 yrs ago, before I got in mx, just like the mechanic shortage....all bs...AA is too big to outsource that much work and be cost effective...like u said car dealership prices ...which will have astronomical labor and parts costs....don't get me wrong, overhaul can still be cut down some more and small line stations too...
My point was and is the foreign shops are hurting you more than fleet.Im from US fleet we didn't join the union till the 90s before that we were associated with customer service.of course the industry being what it was its hard to say if the mechs got better contracts before fleet joined the ranks But I doubt the company included fleet in or considered fleet in the maintenance budget

He's barking up the wrong tree Mexico Salvador etc are his problem.Boeing and Airbus are going to set up shop and do Maintenance work themselves kind of like a car dealer.They are going to make a fortune.Unfortunately for fleet the less AMTs the more of their former work we will be doing repos etc

It seems sometimes like Title 3 guys relish in the thought of taking T1 work?

While I don't think T3 guys will ever taxi, especially in light of the recent fellow up in SeaTac, and I'm not so sure local airport authorities would allow T3 to cross active runways given they are not licensed and aren't subject to DOT drug and alcohol testing. However the company may want T3 to take goldhofer work.

Anyway, I don't think the philosophy of taking another groups work helps to keep division at a minimum. Whats more, don't you think it adds to one group (T1) mistrusting the other group (T3) and the leadership (TWU) that condones it?

While I don't think T3 guys will ever taxi, especially in light of the recent fellow up in SeaTac, and I'm not so sure local airport authorities would allow T3 to cross active runways given they are not licensed and aren't subject to DOT drug and alcohol testing. However the company may want T3 to take goldhofer work.

Anyway, I don't think the philosophy of taking another groups work helps to keep division at a minimum. Whats more, don't you think it adds to one group (T1) mistrusting the other group (T3) and the leadership (TWU) that condones it?
Don't know a single T3 who even thinks about that, let alone relish it. I for one never give it a thought. As for the company, I'm sure they have folks who are consumed with having that happen...

The company has in the past crossed jobs over to fleet from aircraft maintenance without a fight from the TWU. Why you may wonder? As long as it stays with a TWU member the union sees no reason to fight it. Dues money is dues money.

The company has in the past crossed jobs over to fleet from aircraft maintenance without a fight from the TWU. Why you may wonder? As long as it stays with a TWU member the union sees no reason to fight it. Dues money is dues money.
Nobody is debating that. What is being debated, from me anyway, is the notion that we as Fleet Service are relishing in the fact that you guys are losing jobs and it happens to be falling in T3's lap.
And as Gary has stated. Fleet is on the same page as you guys in making it known your work is your work.

That dues argument never holds water. If you make $50 and I make $30, the Union gets more money from you then they do from me so it’s ridiculous that they want to lose more of you and gain more of me.

And don’t say that the Union just ups our ranks in Fleet to make up for the loss because you know that’s also BS. The Company will NEVER overstaff and pay for that so the Union can gain more dues.

It’s the Company who continues to try and shift work down the ladder to save costs, not any Union.

Same thing applies to AE (Envoy) Workers.

Well LUS fleet service moves their metal with a Goldhofer and yes they do cross active runways here at SFO when the winds change or when there is taxiway closed due to construction.

Nobody is debating that. What is being debated, from me anyway, is the notion that we as Fleet Service are relishing in the fact that you guys are losing jobs and it happens to be falling in T3's lap.
And as Gary has stated. Fleet is on the same page as you guys in making it known your work is your work.
Gary has no horsepower in saving jobs from being crossed over to fleet. The Association international can easily over ride him with a stroke of the pen.

Gary has no horsepower in saving jobs from being crossed over to fleet. The Association international can easily over ride him with a stroke of the pen.
Not even gonna debate that. I guess that’s between you guys and Gary for making that statement publicly.
Just making a point, despite some of you guys comments, Fleet is not eagerly standing by looking to do your work...I hear ya and your points, and you’ heard mine. We move forward. No need to get into one of these long ridiculous debates that some here “relish”.

I will make the Airlines buy more supertugs, and you will only be taxing or running engines for maintenance. Just like we mechanics have to go through security now for Downlines because a Delta ramper was running guns by bypassing security.

Not even gonna debate that. I guess that’s between you guys and Gary for making that statement publicly.
Just making a point, despite some of you guys comments, Fleet is not eagerly standing by looking to do your work...I hear ya and your points, and you’ heard mine. We move forward. No need to get into one of these long ridiculous debates that some here “relish”.
It's not us the members. It's between the international and AA management. We are just the chess pieces moving across the board.

We didn't "take"anything your union gave it up and we had to do the function Look at my name Im a 78 hire do you honesty think I want work added to my job?

Latest posts

Back