Aircraft maint issues

I know in Philadelphia they have hired numerous mechanics recently. I can’t always figure out why? When we keep hearing the company wants to out source more maintenance jobs!
Maybe they are counting on the buyout to thin the herd somewhat.

Regardless of how many that screws over guys trying to get back to DFW on the AA side. The Association should force the company to honor the transfer before hiring off the street. Unions are suppose to protect jobs and benefits.
Not to mention honor seniority. Hopefully we won’t carry over the twu way of manipulating system seniority to help some at the expense of system seniority.

When AFW/TAESL closed those senior mechs should have been able to use their seniority to get to DFW or dwh. Now we have guys with 91 seniority throughout system while there’s guys with 10 years plus less seniority working in DFW and DWH.

From what I can tell either LUS or LAA is hiring off the street at ORD LAX PHX PHL, doesn’t seem like AA wants to cut maint in the big line stations.

Is aa hiring off the street anywhere else?

From what I can tell either LUS or LAA is hiring off the street at ORD LAX PHX PHL, doesn’t seem like AA wants to cut maint in the big line stations.

Is aa hiring off the street anywhere else?
They can hire up until they layoff.
Now that is safe to say negotiations will linger possibly 1, 2 maybe 3 more years, well hold on to your seats, folks.

Not to mention honor seniority. Hopefully we won’t carry over the twu way of manipulating system seniority to help some at the expense of system seniority.

When AFW/TAESL closed those senior mechs should have been able to use their seniority to get to DFW or dwh. Now we have guys with 91 seniority throughout system while there’s guys with 10 years plus less seniority working in DFW and DWH.

Is that how it worked in all of the other layoffs? If I recall Alliance was red circled during a layoff and nobody could bump in there.

Yep its your system

Now that is safe to say negotiations will linger possibly 1, 2 maybe 3 more years, well hold on to your seats, folks.
Hey, they just filed for mediation or sec 6 right? Yea, looks like at least another 2-3 years. Mediation is soooooo slow.

At one time DFW asked AFW to become a one station agreement. AFW rejected it !!! So a few more years down the road ya got what ya got. Karma baby!!

At one time DFW asked AFW to become a one station agreement. AFW rejected it !!! So a few more years down the road ya got what ya got. Karma baby!!
Who rejected it? Did the membership at AFW and DFW have a vote? Did the union leadership reject it without a membership vote or input? Was a side letter in place rejecting the one station agreement or in favor of it pending a membership vote?

Who rejected it? Did the membership at AFW and DFW have a vote? Did the union leadership reject it without a membership vote or input? Was a side letter in place rejecting the one station agreement or in favor of it pending a membership vote?

You're out of order, brother!

It was the afw membership that rejected (tabled it) at matt lorenzi's urging.
I was at that meeting. But that was then, this is now.

Not necessarily true. We do not have a joint contract. When United/Continental had separate contracts during their merger Continental mechanics were being hired at Newark while United mechanics were being later off at the same time. Could the new American try this with our separate contracts?

Back