Aircraft maint issues

Not necessarily true. We do not have a joint contract. When United/Continental had separate contracts during their merger Continental mechanics were being hired at Newark while United mechanics were being later off at the same time. Could the new American try this with our separate contracts?
I wouldn't put it past them.

Not necessarily true. We do not have a joint contract. When United/Continental had separate contracts during their merger Continental mechanics were being hired at Newark while United mechanics were being later off at the same time. Could the new American try this with our separate contracts?
They certainly can. There is NOTHING preventing them from laying off right now on the LAA side.

Is this a bad thing? If so, why?
Not at all in fact I believe it's long overdue. They are expecting DWH to be busy in the near future and that station should be eligible for Line pay as well as that is the bulk of their work.

Not at all in fact I believe it's long overdue. They are expecting DWH to be busy in the near future and that station should be eligible for Line pay as well as that is the bulk of their work.

DWH was also supposed to be manning up for 5 lines and 737 gear changes this past summer. That work did not materialize. I do not believe for one second that our work will be picking up. As far as line pay goes, it's not going to happen. After speaking with our local president and reading between the lines, we wont see the extra pay.

I remember matt lorenzi saying "brothers you dont want that, those high seniority guys in dfw will take our jobs"

It wasn’t take your jobs, it was not take your weekends away. You traded away a few years of Saturday Sunday off with several years and counting of double expenses and commuting to Texas.

Great forethought there in Texas.

The word I'm hearing at DWH is that there will be a 777 check coming, with Sat Sun off on days, afternoon and nights.

The word I'm hearing at DWH is that there will be a 777 check coming, with Sat Sun off on days, afternoon and nights.
If true, I am sure the check is being moved from anther station.
BTW, the don't forget the grand opening of the Brazil hanger in a couple of weeks..You know the one that just puts a roof over people's heads!

If true, I am sure the check is being moved from anther station.
BTW, the don't forget the grand opening of the Brazil hanger in a couple of weeks..You know the one that just puts a roof over people's heads!
Hmmmm. Could it be where that 737 gear shop and the 5 manned lines might be going? As well as maybe even that 777 line?? Is anyone within the asso following what maint will get performed in Brazil??? Yea right. What company would spend the funds to just put a roof over the workers heads???

Hmmmm. Could it be where that 737 gear shop and the 5 manned lines might be going? As well as maybe even that 777 line?? Is anyone within the asso following what maint will get performed in Brazil??? Yea right. What company would spend the funds to just put a roof over the workers heads???
I see where you guys and gals rejected your contract go get them for us since our union doesn’t care about current members and top pay in industry they just care about there member numbers and dues

Impressive 96% plus participation.
Thx. for sharing CH. We kinda knew but not official until the union posted TB results and certified...

AMFA-SWA AMT Tentative Agreement Ratification Referendum Results
The votes for the AMFA – Southwest Airlines (SWA) Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) Tentative Agreement (TA) Ratification Referendum were tallied on September 18, 2018. Votes for this referendum were counted and certified by TrueBallot, Inc. and the results are as follows:

Eligible Voters: 2479
Votes Cast: 2393
(96.53% participation)

Results: Rejected

AMFA National will soon be mailing survey instructions to all AMFA–SWA AMTs to gather feedback from the membership to ascertain why the group rejected the TA. Please be on the lookout for the survey and continue to make your voice heard.

Jay Johnson
National Secretary/Treasurer

Read the referendum results here.

I see where you guys and gals rejected your contract go get them for us since our union doesn’t care about current members and top pay in industry they just care about there member numbers and dues

Will do. Union is sending out the surveys as we speak. Hopefully a quick turnaround But, I don't expect the company to change the way they have been doing it. We will see how they respond.

Seems pretty unified for such a un union like union as some here would characterize. Especially in the face of what would be an unheard of retro check were it AA??

Back