Aircraft maint issues

Maybe so, but I'm thinking if the association told laa guys to vote no on a 60k retro check, no way that would hold at 93%.

Maybe so, but I'm thinking if the association told laa guys to vote no on a 60k retro check, no way that would hold at 93%.
The voter participation,rate was 96% It failed by 75%. But when your president lies, and says American Airlines mechanics were offered $55 an hour, and we will be lowered paid then them. It's easy to vote no, the real test comes when it drags out to year 7, and AMFA keeps playing the same old song, and blame evil SWA, when your wife slaps you upside the head for turning down 60 k.

Good luck to yall

Thx for the wishes CH. We might need those wishes. Here is some more info for all you fellas that like to follow the industry...

LATEST NEWS
AMFA-SWA AMT Rejected Tentative Agreement Survey Notice
September 18, 2018 -- The AMFA-SWA Negotiating Committee has called for a survey of the membership regarding the recent rejection of the AMFA-SWA AMT Tentative Agreement. Your feedback will help guide your Negotiating Committee to pursue an agreement worthy of the membership's approval.
Read More

Press Release: AMFA AMTs Overwhelmingly Reject Tentative Agreement With Southwest Airlines
September 18, 2018 -- Today, Southwest Airlines (SWA) Aircraft Maintenance Technicians (AMTs) rejected a tentative agreement put forward for a referendum vote. According to the union’s National Executive Council, the group rejected the contract because the economic package overall falls short. In the next week, AMFA will survey the AMT group to confirm the reason for rejection.
Read More

AMFA - SWA Tentative Agreement Ratification Referendum Results
September 18, 2018 -- The votes for the AMFA – Southwest Airlines (SWA) Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) Tentative Agreement (TA) Ratification Referendum were tallied on September 18, 2018. Votes for this referendum were counted and certified by TrueBallot, Inc. and the results are as follows...
Read More

The company propaganda has already started with McCrady's new email to all employees and what a joke that thing was. He really has no clue.

That’s great participation. At AA, you can’t even get guys to turn down OT for a weekend let alone a signing bonus in the thousands.

Not to mention to actually get that many guys to fill out a ballet mailed to their house.

Reactions: swamt
Yes it is and thanks. When you have that many participating and that big of a no vote it details how out of touch the companies offer was. Just by the company claiming that every year on outgoing years will have a 3% raise was a lie. The years missing were 18 and 23. PLus they were shorting on snap up raises which also affect retro/back pay. Most are saying economics and after survey is done it will more than likely confirm that, so, shouldn't be such a long time to clear up. But, I know this company will be butt hurt on the no vote and will drag it out for some time. If they really wanted to it could be done by end of year.
I will update when more dates are set to meet.
Good luck to you guys as well. Hope you all get some dates set to meet soon. I have read that you guys are headed into sec. 6, will that be with or without a mediator?

Reactions: Fordwrench
Will do. Union is sending out the surveys as we speak. Hopefully a quick turnaround But, I don't expect the company to change the way they have been doing it. We will see how they respond.
Good luck to you guys over there, your unity seems to be building- it is evident of the turnout and rejection. Really really great to visually see it, now the momentum has to build from the members unity moving forward. Well done! The rest of industry is watching your lead.

Last edited:
Good luck to you guys over there, your unity seems to be building- it is evident of the turnout and rejection. Really really great to visually see it, now the momentum has to build from the members unity moving forward. Well done! The rest of industry is watching your lead.

Thank you so much for the kind words.
I will be very honest with you, the unity is because this membership was soooo well informed about all the details from nego's hence the unity and large turn out and large no vote. All the members are well aware of how the company nego's were treating us as a group. Our economist also deserves kudos. He kept proving the co. wrong especially when the co. said they were not moving the date of the contract for any financial reasons, our economist proved that they would in fact be saving 37 million by moving it, and the co. finally admitted so to our economist. There were many more examples, but I will not bore you with them all.
Just wondering how the co. nego team looks to GK and all the upper officers after they told them that it will pass with flying colors and now they get the big no vote with almost 97% of the members voting, speaks volumes.
Hopefully the survey will be done early next month and we can get back to the table to adjust and or tweak the economics to a more reasonable one for the members to accept. I will update when we get more.

Reactions: Fordwrench
Sick and tired the A$$ has cost us homuch money. And now going to cost us even more . The A$$ has never stood as one the IAM has only worried about themselfs. I thought the whn the TWU took over neog. something would have picked up. So fricken pissed off!

I will be very honest with you, the unity is because this membership was soooo well informed about all the details from nego's hence the unity and large turn out and large no vote. All the members are well aware of how the company nego's were treating us as a group. Our economist also deserves kudos. He kept proving the co. wrong especially when the co. said they were not moving the date of the contract for any financial reasons, our economist proved that they would in fact be saving 37 million by moving it, and the co. finally admitted so to our economist. There were many more examples, but I will not bore you with them all.
Just wondering how the co. nego team looks to GK and all the upper officers after they told them that it will pass with flying colors and now they get the big no vote with almost 97% of the members voting, speaks volumes.
Hopefully the survey will be done early next month and we can get back to the table to adjust and or tweak the economics to a more reasonable one for the members to accept. I will update when we get more.
They want be able to start Hawaii ETOPS without that in the new contract is that correct

It's funny you recognize information and communication as important, we dont get squat on details, updates or information and just get crumbs of side information. Great to hear, congratulations to you all again.

Sick and tired the A$$ has cost us homuch money. And now going to cost us even more . The A$$ has never stood as one the IAM has only worried about themselfs. I thought the whn the TWU took over neog. something would have picked up. So fricken pissed off!
Pretty simple.....TWU & IAM is NOT United as one from the very beginning of this Association? How the heck are the members supposed to be united as one?