Aircraft maint issues

I had both replaced 8 years apart off work 10 weeks the first one and 8 weeks the second. stay on the drug schedule don't let the pain get ahead of you....I did the first time and paid the price big time
That’s what I’m learning also just got home yesterday so I’m getting ready for home pt. Thanks for the info

No I did not. Have many friends that have. One in particular, he took about 8-10 weeks. Although I am no Dr. I have heard not to just lay around as by doing so will cause "lock-up" of joints. They need to be exercised. Some folks even start early on (still in hospital beds) with overhead contraptions to help movements of legs and hips prior to getting discharged.
The pain will last a bit, but as avi says above, maintain the meds faithfully and no drinking alcohol with them. Give it time bro. Don't push it, let time and your body heal itself. We are all getting older now days, the man I mention took the full 10 weeks and might have even went into 12, but to this day, he is thank full for doing it.
Good luck on your recovery, hope your back to work soon, but may not happen until next year.

Good advise sir.
Thanks when I got my short term insurance approved the dr has me going back Jan 29th . Thanks for the well wishes . They had me out of bed the day after then I went to in patient rehab. Got home yesterday so been moving my leg and getting up waiting to start in home pt.

That’s what I’m learning also just got home yesterday so I’m getting ready for home pt. Thanks for the info

I have had both Hips replaced and both Shoulders.

Do more PT than instructed with the Giant Rubber Bands
I was on my feet each time on Day 2 and by Day 3 or 4 they had me walking up a half floor of stairs.
This was about 15 years ago and now the shoulder sockets are starting to wear.
Everyday things are are difficult at first especialy the toilet.

I have had both Hips replaced and both Shoulders.

Do more PT than instructed with the Giant Rubber Bands
I was on my feet each time on Day 2 and by Day 3 or 4 they had me walking up a half floor of stairs.
This was about 15 years ago and now the shoulder sockets are starting to wear.
Everyday things are are difficult at first especialy the toilet.
Thanks I’ll do that

Thanks when I got my short term insurance approved the dr has me going back Jan 29th . Thanks for the well wishes . They had me out of bed the day after then I went to in patient rehab. Got home yesterday so been moving my leg and getting up waiting to start in home pt.
Good deal. keep up the good work. Update us in about a month. Find a hobby to do so not to go nuts being home for so long at one time.

Yes very interesting. However. How might this affect current mechanics that are doing said inspections?
I don't see the drones taking over, but, I could see some jobs going away.
Now what about A/C strikes by the drone operator? What about missed areas where the drone cannot get to? I honestly do not agree with a camera taking the place of the naked eye inspections...

Just read a FB post where a mech said the FACTS are from the quarterly union meeting, that as soon as contract is passed days and afternoons will be eliminated and only night shift left. That doesn’t sound like a scare tactic at all, because we AMTs don’t do anything at all on days and aft.

Maybe he just means DFW, the only large station that doesn’t do a phase check.

Just read a FB post where a mech said the FACTS are from the quarterly union meeting, that as soon as contract is passed days and afternoons will be eliminated and only night shift left. That doesn’t sound like a scare tactic at all, because we AMTs don’t do anything at all on days and aft.

Let the games begin, huh?

Just curious are you weaasles alter ego in maintenance? Is your ignorance natural or something you have to work at?

Just curious are you weaasles alter ego in maintenance? Is your ignorance natural or something you have to work at?

Why the shot across my bow? I’ve never said AMT’s aren’t anything but very hard working professionals all hours of the day.

Latest posts