Aircraft maint issues

I don’t think there would be a problem for 90% of us. I have never seen a mechanic have a problem with management when he gets his job assignment and just does it without complaining, even if the plane goes out of service or that mechanic does everything strictly by the paperwork.

We all know the type of guy that NEEDS a union to be employed.
To be honest sometimes I admire Delta, why we wait forever to get a raise negotiated, as soon as we get one, they just pay their guys more. Over there if you don't pull your weight they just fire you.

I don’t think there would be a problem for 90% of us. I have never seen a mechanic have a problem with management when he gets his job assignment and just does it without complaining, even if the plane goes out of service or that mechanic does everything strictly by the paperwork.

Ive seen people reassigned for taking acft out of service for legitimate reasons. It happens.

Ive seen people reassigned for taking acft out of service for legitimate reasons. It happens.
Send a note to the FAA. They will in fact put a stop to it. Same thing happened at SWA for some mechanics writing up legit cracks and they all were made whole and then some. SWA was spanked very hard for doing so by many different gov agencies, and are still currently being investigated for other crap they tried to pull.
Under the whistle blowers act, the employees that report will be protected from being "punished" by the company for writing up legit write-ups.

I’ve seen guys reassigned also, but these guys night after night are done early with their checks without any write ups. Then they’re told not to “go on break” we all know what I mean. Then they take planes OTS with a whole lot of write ups.

Don’t get Conscientious mechs confused with upset lazy mechanics.

I’ve seen guys reassigned also, but these guys night after night are done early with their checks without any write ups. Then they’re told not to “go on break” we all know what I mean. Then they take planes OTS with a whole lot of write ups.

Don’t get Conscientious mechs confused with upset lazy mechanics.
It seems the upset Lazy mechanics have the biggest sense of entitlement that the company is screwing them.

We saw in Tulsa just recently what AA would do with no union. They just got rid of over 100 non union workers mostly because they were old. They'd do the same to us if they could. Doesn't matter how good a worker you are. There were some really good workers in the group that got let go.

We saw in Tulsa just recently what AA would do with no union. They just got rid of over 100 non union workers mostly because they were old. They'd do the same to us if they could. Doesn't matter how good a worker you are. There were some really good workers in the group that got let go.

What was their job at AA.

They cannot get rid of anyone based on age.
One factor in 737 was certain Supervisors were not playing the game that the new management wants to play and we definitely had few extra supervisors. We had already lost a few of them a few years ago.
They went to QA in the White House. Yes, you are correct some that were let go should have stayed and others should have been selected.

The difference is when union, they offer the "early retirement" buyout packages.
ALK is doing the same thing right now with their upper management non union employees. Too heavy at the top so they just start laying off. This was one area that a lot of employees disagreed with SWA after the AirTran purchase. Although they have successfully removed the really bad ones, but still need a few more fine tuning to resolve them all.

They cannot get rid of anyone based on age.
One factor in 737 was certain Supervisors were not playing the game that the new management wants to play and we definitely had few extra supervisors. We had already lost a few of them a few years ago.
They went to QA in the White House. Yes, you are correct some that were let go should have stayed and others should have been selected.
As sad as it sounds they can. They just don't have to admit it is all. They always try to get the older ones out one way or another. Some of those elderly ones in their upper 60's-80's are extremely costly on the medical side for the company. Higher cost to them than just a simple 100K buyout offer.
I can count on two hands how many guys are getting rather large medical issues taken care of prior to retirement. Extremely costly to the company to keep those types. Now don't get me wrong here, a lot of them are not costing the company anything in medical, but the few that are outweigh the ones that are not as they are retired way before the ones getting all the medical issues out of the way.
If SWA offered another buyout with what UAL offered (up to 100K) they would get a lot of takers this time around.

As sad as it sounds they can. They just don't have to admit it is all. They always try to get the older ones out one way or another. Some of those elderly ones in their upper 60's-80's are extremely costly on the medical side for the company. Higher cost to them than just a simple 100K buyout offer.
I can count on two hands how many guys are getting rather large medical issues taken care of prior to retirement. Extremely costly to the company to keep those types. Now don't get me wrong here, a lot of them are not costing the company anything in medical, but the few that are outweigh the ones that are not as they are retired way before the ones getting all the medical issues out of the way.
If SWA offered another buyout with what UAL offered (up to 100K) they would get a lot of takers this time around.
With the signing bonus a bunch could have retired this year, but people said no. So there was the old guys buy out ,so to speak.

With the signing bonus a bunch could have retired this year, but people said no. So there was the old guys buy out ,so to speak.
So you voted yes and more people voted no. System worked the way its supposec too. You should have gone out and encouraged a yes. Whats done is done.

So you voted yes and more people voted no. System worked the way its supposec too. You should have gone out and encouraged a yes. Whats done is done.
Of course it is, my station isn't that big, so we wouldn't carry the votes anyway. The fact is Swarat talks about buyouts the back pay and signing bonus would have been a nice chunk of change!

My point is they cannot get rid of employees based on age, but always find another way to make it happen.

Latest posts