Aircraft maint issues

You really aqmaze me, less than 100 days in office and you attack Trump, yet a large portion of the Auto Manufactuering unions are supporting him.
At least give him a chance to fail.

First thing he was going to do, REPEAL OCARE, and replace with his plan that would give us full coverage at a cheaper price, but he never introduced his plan. He and congress worked on it for 3 weeks, didn't put anything up for a vote and then said F it.

That's great for the auto workers, but when OH is brought back from overseas then I will say T is great for airline mechs. He won't.........

And for the record once again. I don't want ANYONE forced into the IAMPF. NOT Fleet, NOT Maintenance, NOT TWU and NOT IAM members.

I WANT to make the choice on it MYSELF. (AFTER) I see what's offered and have some questions answered.

The definition of CHOICE to these two unions tends to be fluid, it is their fault we do not
trust them at the international level

The definition of CHOICE to these two unions tends to be fluid, it is their fault we do not
trust them at the international level

Understandable and regrettable that the "people" that are in there now have to hold the mistrust built by the "people" who came before them.

BTW a member of Local 591 started a FB movement to have someone in Maintenance on the TWU side brought in directly with the Leaders in talks with the Company.

Apparently "rumor" has it that it was successful and Gary Peterson is now directly in the room with the TWU and IAM Leadership.

i
Understandable and regrettable that the "people" that are in there now have to hold the mistrust built by the "people" who came before them.

BTW a member of Local 591 started a FB movement to have someone in Maintenance on the TWU side brought in directly with the Leaders in talks with the Company.

Apparently "rumor" has it that it was successful and Gary Peterson is now directly in the room with the TWU and IAM Leadership.

That is excellent news if true, btw the present group was in charge when they clearly stated
that we would have a choice via a vote on the ASS, but....................then not so much :(

i

That is excellent news if true, btw the present group was in charge when they clearly stated
that we would have a choice via a vote on the ASS, but....................then not so much :(

Yes they were. And at least one person in authority believed it and put it out there. And they all have to own it now. The IAM never put out anything to that effect.

Hopefully excellent JCBA's all around can provide a little forgiveness over time? It's up to them, unless they want guys to keep calling them the ASS.

They have been without a contract for a long time but still have higher pay and benefits than we ever did. They are getting more overhaul in house while Lombardo is looking to give more of ours away. They don't pay for their jobs with less hourly pay and they don't have fleet service clerks representing them. I can understand why you love the TWU but you fail to realize that this is a maintenance thread and although you have done well over the years with the TWU we were always far behind. The TWU has gotten us the worst deal in the industry more often than not. We have good reason to not like them no matter how much to try to muddy the waters. I know your purpose is to get this thread shut down and although you have promised to stay away in the past you refuse to leave us alone. We don't want your TWU spin. Yeah you keep saying you want us to get the best in the industry but then again you keep offering why we need to accept less and how you (Fleet service) knows better than we do about the representation we want. Enough is enough. Leave us alone.

I dont disagree on some of the things mentioned. But lets be honest with ourselves, they are bringing in some overhaul but still outsource a lot more than AA. So im not sure because you've outsourced everything and now you get a little back that it should be looked at as a good thing.

Regarding pay, i believe SWA is currently making less than AA.

Also, any union did good under the old SWA because the company was willing to bargain. This is not so much the case with the new group. This is an important piece of the equation.

On the plus side, they do have a much better 401k match and medical benefits.

Last edited:
IMG_2384.PNG

I dont disagree on some of the things mentioned. But lets be honest with ourselves, they are bringing in some overhaul but still outsource a lot more than AA. So im not sure because you've outsourced everything and now you get a little back that it should be looked at as a good thing.

Regarding pay, i believe SWA is currently making less than AA.

Also, any union did good under the old SWA because the company was willing to bargain. This is not so much the case with the new group. This is an important piece of the equation.

On the plus side, they do have a much better 401k match and medical benefits.

Yes SWA Mechanics are receiving a better 401k Match percentage than you are here at AA. But (currently) and of course it was only recently that you received raises that 9.3% Match would be less if both the AA Mechanic and SWA Mechanic were putting in the same percentage of their pay into their retirement account because the AA Mechanic (Again currently) makes around $4.00 per hour more than his counterpart.

UAL and DL Mechanics would probably be a better place to gauge the comparisons in full value compensation to see where improvements should be expected.

So how did they convince or force Management to do all this and why haven't you all struck a full deal in the last 4 and a half years?

Again these are only legitimate questions that people should think about or ask.

If you're trying to sell people that your product is far superior to the one they already have maybe you need to do a lot more?

If there was any time in AA History where maybe it should have happened that was after May 1, 2003. 14 long years ago now.

" Rumor " also has it that Lombardo belittled other TWU officers screaming at them right in front of management and the IAM. Embarrassing himself and the TWU with yet another act of totally unprofessional behavior. Were fighting to win a contract and his misconduct is getting in the way. This is a disgrace.

" Rumor " also has it that Lombardo belittled other TWU officers screaming at them right in front of management and the IAM. Embarrassing himself and the TWU with yet another act of totally unprofessional behavior. Were fighting to win a contract and his misconduct is getting in the way. This is a disgrace.

Well if your "rumor" is true I'd love to know the story of what or who made him snap? Were any of those TWU Officers themselves acting in any particular manner in front of management that illicited the response?

I'd rather get more to the story of this "rumor" before I start using any type of over the top word such as disgrace myself.

There are a few members on these boards that if I met in person I'd probably scream at myself actually.

Well if your "rumor" is true I'd love to know the story of what or who made him snap? Were any of those TWU Officers themselves acting in any particular manner in front of management that illicited the response?

I'd rather get more to the story of this "rumor" before I start using any type of over the top word such as disgrace myself.

There are a few members on these boards that if I met in person I'd probably scream at myself actually.

Its no rumor that Peterson is in the room now, and it is certainly no rumor that Lombardo went off the deep end in front of AA and the IAM yesterday. Check with your own President. AA management is embarrassed for us over Lombardos outburst - how embarrassing is that ?

Its no rumor that Peterson is in the room now, and it is certainly no rumor that Lombardo went off the deep end in front of AA and the IAM yesterday. Check with your own President. AA management is embarrassed for us over Lombardos outburst - how embarrassing is that ?

What happened yesterday is no secret. The members of TWU negotiating team are all aware. Ask them or ask your President. Lombardo's loss of judgement and loss of temper was unprovoked by anyone. As you said, you should get more of the story

If you have the scoop on what went down. Then why not share that info? Information is a powerful tool.

I'm not saying that I don't believe you. If you read Lombardo's Bio the guy is an old school Union War Horse who has Battle scars to prove the fights he's been in. Many so called Union Leaders I've gotten to know in my career are a little too Mamby Pamby Whiny IMO for my tastes and maybe that was the particular situation Harry found himself in the middle of??????

Harry is also an older guy in his 70's now and we all get a little crotchety in our old age. But "if" he did snap in front of the Company it would have absolutely been better if he hadn't.

And my Local President is not in those talks to ask.

What happened yesterday is no secret. The members of TWU negotiating team are all aware. Ask them or ask your President. Lombardo's loss of judgement and loss of temper was unprovoked by anyone. As you said, you should get more of the story

I can't see any reaction being completely unprovoked unless the guy has been diagnosed with Tourette's syndrome or something.

Something made him snap (Again if true)

If you have the scoop on what went down. Then why not share that info? Information is a powerful tool.

How would you know that you're not getting the story from the guy that was snapped at?

There are always two sides to every story.

Back