Aircraft maint issues

Well, I rarely post on the AA site after your last failed attempt to change representation.
Some here have have a selective recollection of your own history.
UAL M&R are no different
Any who, I will not be back.
:cool:xUT

Maybe if you were here and understood the collusion between AA and the TWU in any
attempt to replace the company union you might have a different opinion

Nobody asked for the association, it was decided by the AFL CIO leadership. We had no say and no vote. We are literally just being forced to pay "protection" money to work at AA.
That is correct.

They do not answer to you but, they do expect you to pay them for their "services".............. or else.

Your AMFA is not my AMFA.
The way you treated the Airtran employees is reprehensible.
JMHO, doesn't matter, you only have 'ONE' tool in a union toolbox, STRIKE!
Yea, I was willing to fall on my sword in the UAL BK for the class and craft.
Watching AMFA today, I am glad I didn't sacrifice myself and family.
:cool:Xut
I never said AMFA was your AMFA. Matter fact I never brought that up. And I was not indicating that AA should go AMFA. Point blank the AA guys need to rid themselves of that association nightmare.
A strike is NOT the only tool in the box, and far from it. I don't think now days a strike would even be allowed to happen. A strike is useless these days unless your a Pilot or F/A. If they do not show up for work the plane never leaves the gate. If mechanics never show up, management just calls in all their sups, managers, directors, even VP's and coordinators all with A&P's to do the work, plus anyone behind the wall (in the maint group but took other jobs and has A&P's) plus SWA could easily put out the word for replacement workers to come in and work where needed to keep the airline going and eventually become full time employees with Southwest. Now, how many folks do you think would sign up for that??? Thousands my friend, more would sign up for that roll that we currently have in our ranks which is a small 2500-2600. It would be suicidal.

I never said AMFA was your AMFA. Matter fact I never brought that up. And I was not indicating that AA should go AMFA. Point blank the AA guys need to rid themselves of that association nightmare.
A strike is NOT the only tool in the box, and far from it. I don't think now days a strike would even be allowed to happen. A strike is useless these days unless your a Pilot or F/A. If they do not show up for work the plane never leaves the gate. If mechanics never show up, management just calls in all their sups, managers, directors, even VP's and coordinators all with A&P's to do the work, plus anyone behind the wall (in the maint group but took other jobs and has A&P's) plus SWA could easily put out the word for replacement workers to come in and work where needed to keep the airline going and eventually become full time employees with Southwest. Now, how many folks do you think would sign up for that??? Thousands my friend, more would sign up for that roll that we currently have in our ranks which is a small 2500-2600. It would be suicidal.

So you readily and freely admit that you have very little strength there at SWA because your numbers are so small. Interesting.

"A strike for AMFA Mechanics at SWA would be suicide"

By contrast according to the latest LM2's the TWU has 26,292 represented members just at SWA alone.

Don't shoot the messenger.

So you readily and freely admit that you have very little strength there at SWA because your numbers are so small. Interesting.

By contrast according to the latest LM2's the TWU has 26,292 represented members just at SWA alone.

A strike must be carefully thought out as far as company financial status, job market of potential replacements and of course membership participation.

The NWA strike failed because there were recent layoffs at other airlines thus a large amount of AMTs available.

The FA British Airways strike was another failure due to threats from the company causing a low turnout.

Strikes work when the conditions are right, but its a lot smarter to fight on the inside.

Bob has been wrong about everything, he means well and his ideas are great in a perfect world, but his thought process prayed on the hopes of fellow mechs. All he did was setup unrealistic expectations that has cost us tens of thousands of dollars.

He's like trump, promising all sorts of idealistic talking points but delivered on nothing.
You really aqmaze me, less than 100 days in office and you attack Trump, yet a large portion of the Auto Manufactuering unions are supporting him.
At least give him a chance to fail.

A strike must be carefully thought out as far as company financial status, job market of potential replacements and of course membership participation.

The NWA strike failed because there were recent layoffs at other airlines thus a large amount of AMTs available.

The FA British Airways strike was another failure due to threats from the company causing a low turnout.

Strikes work when the conditions are right, but its a lot smarter to fight on the inside.

TWU at American Airlines will never strike again.

We are done at AA. The AMT'S don't have the fight and motivation to rid ourselves of the association or the TWU. Now we are facing our sentence handed down to us by our own doing.

I'll shoot the messenger. At least for this message......AMFA has been good at SWA. Only a fool would argue otherwise.

We are done at AA. The AMT'S don't have the fight and motivation to rid ourselves of the association or the TWU. Now we are facing our sentence handed down to us by our own doing.
We all need to wake up and fight not take a detected attitude. There's one thing I have learned after 5 major surgeries my body is down but not out. I'll have to fight to get all what I had before with strength and insurance. And complications. If I can fight that fight. We as a group of amts can now all stand together and get what we want. Unless we make our on union. AMFA is the only way to go to get our on contract. In several bob Crandall speeches at is town hall told several mechanics they need to get a away from the fleet service and go are on way.well I think it time we do that, are just wine like winey baby's that nothing can be done..I thank we're smart of now especially after this boos ted association. .so let's all stand up and stop crying and get it done .the past is the past it's in the now . So we need to get it done get a card drive going and be ready.in the interim time we need to let Lombardo to know we will not except any bad contract . And no iampf.

Latest posts

Back