Aircraft maint issues

“Fact: Jerry Glass made it very clear on Tuesday, March 19 in front of the mediators, that he had no room to move unless the Association made concessions on the Company’s medical proposal. The Association’s Committee made it clear that we were willing to negotiate on every aspect of the contract, but we were not going to negotiate against ourselves by making concessions on our medical proposal unless the Company agreed to move off their “take it or leave it” demand on our “Health & Welfare proposal” that goes well beyond the medical plan.

Fact: On the morning of Thursday, March 21 the Company explained that they may have something they can do regarding the “Health & Welfare” proposal but they would not know for a while if they would be able to do it. We agreed that we would be interested in fully understanding their “proposed concept” on a piece of the Health & Welfare proposal, but this was only a piece of the puzzle and they still needed to respond with the rest”

“Health & Welfare proposal” “proposed concept”

WTF is this Weaaz? Are they (the industrial union association) proposing some far reaching health plan “concept” that encompasses what, retirement, medical, sick leave, shift bids, days off, vacation all the above?

This is why I HATE industrial unions because we have no clue as to what they are doing!

Weaaz do you have any knowledge of what this Health & Welfare proposed concept is because I would REALLY like to know.

When the MINORITY AND SMALLER union doesn't want to give up the SINGLE most important issue of medical up, but yet they are HALF the negotiation committee....Well yes,I call it a hostage situation, WeAAz.
And before you answer that the TWU is on the same page as the IAM with respect to medical,they are quite delusional if they think the company is going to increase their employee healthcare costs dramatically by now giving EACH AND EVERY employee cheaper coverage. Sorry, this is how I see it.

BTW, LUS really has no issue with the outsourcing numbers because they already live under those rules thanks to two bankruptcies.
I will say it again and again, for LUS it's all about the medical.

I can tell you right now that there are individuals in Fleet that believe we really are done or could be done if we weren’t being held hostage to the issues facing Maintenance and Related. The Company absolutely gets off on reading things like this but Social Media makes it almost impossible to hide any particular thoughts floating around out there.

So IMO the more WE choose to divide each other up the longer this has and will continue to take.

WTF is this Weaaz? Are they (the industrial union association) proposing some far reaching health plan “concept” that encompasses what, retirement, medical, sick leave, shift bids, days off, vacation all the above?

This is why I HATE industrial unions because we have no clue as to what they are doing!

Weaaz do you have any knowledge of what this Health & Welfare proposed concept is because I would REALLY like to know.

I have ZERO clue, honestly. But why necessarily do we have to think of the unknown in the negative connotations?

You guys were saying for years here (And I was saying otherwise) that you were going to be forced into the IAMPF or that we were going to be held hostage because of the IAMPF and the Company themselves now put out that none of that was true.

Besides if there is anything so bad that even comes out because of this “Health and Welfare” proposal you’re always free to vote no.

UAL AMT’s didn’t like some of the IBT VEBA and Medical ideas so they voted no by an incredibly wide margin. And no I’m not telegraphing any Union sponsored plans BUT BUT BUT IF IF IF it was something like that keep your mind open.

Hell take the offer to an independent advisor before you vote and bring back his findings here if you want.

But again seriously I have ZERO clue.

What I said about you guys wanting change, I am not trying to tell you what to do . When I first got on here in 2017,-I was pissed off at AMFA for what I perceived as lack of progress. As a former Union Steward with the Teamsters, I realized it takes two sides to negotiate, well I was proven wrong, and both sides got it done. You guys have to decide as a group what your direction will be, and realize whatever decision you make, will be your future for better or worse.

I can tell you right now that there are individuals in Fleet that believe we really are done or could be done if we weren’t being held hostage to the issues facing Maintenance and Related. The Company absolutely gets off on reading things like this but Social Media makes it almost impossible to hide any particular thoughts floating around out there.

So IMO the more WE choose to divide each other up the longer this has and will continue to take.
Then fleet should do something about it. Maybe blame the TWU? ASSociation? Both?
Vote for another union that represents only fleet?

“Fact: Jerry Glass made it very clear on Tuesday, March 19 in front of the mediators, that he had no room to move unless the Association made concessions on the Company’s medical proposal. The Association’s Committee made it clear that we were willing to negotiate on every aspect of the contract, but we were not going to negotiate against ourselves by making concessions on our medical proposal unless the Company agreed to move off their “take it or leave it” demand on our “Health & Welfare proposal” that goes well beyond the medical plan.

Fact: On the morning of Thursday, March 21 the Company explained that they may have something they can do regarding the “Health & Welfare” proposal but they would not know for a while if they would be able to do it. We agreed that we would be interested in fully understanding their “proposed concept” on a piece of the Health & Welfare proposal, but this was only a piece of the puzzle and they still needed to respond with the rest”
So let us all understand...The union says FACT and we are all supposed to kneel down like sheep? So the company's side is all lies?
Sorry, there is a lot of truth bending on both sides.
I am too old and too UNION experienced to just believe and do everything my union tells me.
I am skeptical of both parties.

Then fleet should do something about it. Maybe blame the TWU? ASSociation? Both?

How about maybe showing a little Solidarity instead.

Damn that could be an interesting novel idea.

So let us all understand...The union says FACT and we are all supposed to kneel down like sheep? So the company's side is all lies?
Sorry, there is a lot of truth bending on both sides.
I am too old and too UNION experienced to just believe and do everything my union tells me.
I am skeptical of both parties.

Nope. Absolutely not. Make up your own mind and don’t be a sheep for either side.

But I’d rather support the side that I think is supposed to be Negotiating for me and not the Shareholders. (I don’t own any more AAL shares except 4 that give me a proxy vote)

I have ZERO clue, honestly.
I have ZERO clue.
You really have to stop repeating yourself. We ALL out here know "you have ZERO clue" Why would you think otherwise???
Well folks, at least he has finally admitted it huh?

He is so full of shite. They (FLEET) is NOT being held up by another group, period. Fleet still has scope issues open as well as other items. He is a complete moron trying to blame another group for the hold up. As it has been reported they want "concessions" from ALL groups including fleet, so their part is still NOT DONE!!! Hello weezal!! He really does need to get a clue...

BTW can I get a response to my “I told you so” gloating that I’ve been saying for years now that we (TWU) wouldn’t be forced into the IAMPF?

The Company finally made that clear for all you people who see Boogeymen under your beds.

C’mon let me hear from you spooked out people now. Crickets?

BF0786E8-C2F3-4EDB-B88A-BA1C607F23E0.png

BTW can I get a response to my “I told you so” gloating that I’ve been saying for years now that we (TWU) wouldn’t be forced into the IAMPF?

The Company finally made that clear for all you people who see Boogeymen under your beds.

View attachment 14232
yes, and God bless Tim Nelson for helping twu int, Trumka, to understand due diligence and the pratfall of that ponzi. Now if we could get them to understand the lies that keep telling about the aa medical...

View attachment 14232

Weezy was right on at least one of his predictions.

"Movin' on up" Brother!

Back