Aircraft maint issues

You honestly would not be saying the same thing if you were a junior Mechanic who already knows he’s going to be stuck on Midnights for the next decade and would rather that not stretch out to a decade and a half.

It’s easier for guys like you and I not to care cause we’re already on the shifts and days off we like best.

IYO with AA raking in multiple billions and having squandered 12 Bilion of the income we generate on share buybacks do you really seriously think we should have to give concessions once again?

Don’t you at least deserve to keep the status quo on those jobs and that work that you still have left?

Working for an airline as a mechanic means working midnights, that is mentioned in the interview, when you apply. Thats like a pilot complaining that he has to travel, or a carpenter complaining about working with wood. A mechanic tired of shift work usually goes into the union.

Working for an airline as a mechanic means working midnights, that is mentioned in the interview, when you apply. Thats like a pilot complaining that he has to travel, or a carpenter complaining about working with wood. A mechanic tired of shift work usually goes into the union.

You guys go into it knowing you’ll be on Midnights for 15 years or more? Wow you guys must sleep in Coffins.

If you guys want a bridge to 65 and Medicare, they should do what SWA does, we can accumulate sick time up to 2000 hours, and use that if we retire early to buy SWA insurance at the same rate as we were working, and bridge till we are 65.

Bridge medical is fantastic. We had that at NW, but lost it in our merger with DL.

True, I have yet to speak with a night shift AMT that mentions shift or days off as a deal breaker. We have a 2 hour shift overlap every morning. This BS shift and days off concern is a union created nothing burger. Would some of the guys on nites prefer day shift? sure, but not enough to hold up a TA.

Reactions: MetalMover
True, I have yet to speak with a night shift AMT that mentions shift or days off as a deal breaker. We have a 2 hour shift overlap every morning. This BS shift and days off concern is a union created nothing burger. Would some of the guys on nites prefer day shift? sure, but not enough to hold up a TA.
Most guys want a piece of the weekend, so they work 4 tens, and they trade to get more time off especially the younger guys.I work the line, so that is totally a different environment than overhaul.

This nothing more than the boot quaking fear the union always tries to instill when we get close to voting on a contract. Every contract vote has been the same scare the bejeeeeezus out of the sheep to try to control the vote.

Just once give us the information without bias and let the members decide.

I would like to see companies full (finished language) proposal sent to us for a vote, along with the unions opinions about the language. I think that is something that can be done at the next two meetings.

That way everybody can see where the membership stands. Maybe the association will have the members full support, or maybe not. Isn’t it better to know what the membership thinks. We are the ones after all that is paying union dues.

You guys go into it knowing you’ll be on Midnights for 15 years or more? Wow you guys must sleep in Coffins.

There are good and bad about every shift. I would rather work nights then days. You just have to make the best of whatever situation you’re in.

There are good and bad about every shift. I would rather work nights then days. You just have to make the best of whatever situation you’re in.
Day shift is way overrated at my workplace. Graves are great for us family folks who have to get up and attend family events with school and such. Try them all guys then choose which one to go with.

I don't trust the twu or the iam but what the company is putting out is not worthy of a vote. We deserve to vote on full text language. Despite what some of these people are saying there is NO FULL TEXT LANGUAGE. The people that are saying there is, are delusional and are part of the reason that we continuously get crappy contracts. I think that part of this problem could be solved by allowing Danker, Schiable and Reaves in negs as an observer since they will have to live under the contract unlike the rest of the people in the room. I blame them being removed on the iam, but the twu is partially to blame also since they coward down to the iam.
No full text language should NOT even come out for a vote from the union NC at the table. No way in hell. I understand you do not trust the TWU as well as the IAM and of course this BS pathetic asso. And therefore I really believe you guys are going for some time before you guys get any kind of an agreement to vote on. I hope and pray I am wrong, but just calling it as I see it unfold sir...

The shifts you guys have to take was the # 1 reason I decided not to go to trade School and become an AMT.

Please don’t take my comment personally.

No full text language should NOT even come out for a vote from the union NC at the table. No way in hell. I understand you do not trust the TWU as well as the IAM and of course this BS pathetic asso. And therefore I really believe you guys are going for some time before you guys get any kind of an agreement to vote on. I hope and pray I am wrong, but just calling it as I see it unfold sir...
I think we are misunderstanding each other. What I am trying to say is that we should not vote on bullet points and that is all we have right now. We should have full text language to read before we vote on any contract.

Are you saying not to see any language or anything because the negotiation committee is at the table? And we shouldn’t see anything unless the NC shows it to us? And whatever the association says we should automatically trust? That seems like a tall order.

So AA will put association on backburner while the APA and APFA negotiates another contract. There’s no movement with association, their position is their position.

Can anybody explain what association meant by lockout? The exact definition and how procedure would happen.

I think we are misunderstanding each other. What I am trying to say is that we should not vote on bullet points and that is all we have right now. We should have full text language to read before we vote on any contract.
Agree 100%. Everything in writing before vote.
We are waiting on ours as we speak. As we have been told there are only changes to where 8 lines of maint., that they were already outsourcing, will be done, some retro, snap up, wage increases that changed, and LOA 1 language and I believe those will be the only changes that will be different from the last T/A agreement they already informed us about in the road shows.
Process from T/A to vote will be short and sweet since there are very few changes that were different from the last T/A. We should be voting in April sometime, although the NC has put out that it should all be wrapped up by end of May.

Latest posts