Aircraft maint issues

Are you saying not to see any language or anything because the negotiation committee is at the table? And we shouldn’t see anything unless the NC shows it to us? And whatever the association says we should automatically trust? That seems like a tall order.

So AA will put association on backburner while the APA and APFA negotiates another contract. There’s no movement with association, their position is their position.
I know that read terrible, sorry bout that.
Meant that nothing should ever come out for a vote while still nego open items at the table. From the last update from the asso. there are too many open items left open so I was getting a bit confused on the request to have a vote from some.

Can anybody explain what association meant by lockout? The exact definition and how procedure would happen.
its a scare tactic on the part of the union. Article 33 states there shall be no lockout by the company nor shall there be a strike by the union for the duration of the agreement. We are quite aways from either a strike or lockout.

its a scare tactic on the part of the union. Article 33 states there shall be no lockout by the company nor shall there be a strike by the union for the duration of the agreement. We are quite aways from either a strike or lockout.
That seems odd, that the organization that is negotiating our contract didn’t know that.

But we shouldn’t see any of the language and just trust the association

This will be unpopular,

737max blade lube, I’m sorry, the lack of the blade lube for the LEAP engine. Meaning that the aircraft that AA flys and we maintain are designed to have less maintenance done to them, less maintenance means? I’ll let you all figure that one out. The aircraft are more reliable and the intervals between OH have been extended. So what does that mean guys? The overnight checks aren’t as extensive as before and the the aircraft have a lot of MEL relief. Put that all together and what does that tell you.

Has anybody ever heard an advertisement from Boeing or Airbus say, when you buy this plane, you will be doing more maintenance then before. They are making better more reliable planes.

This isn’t the 90s boys, with all airlines having bloated work force. Deregulation and 2008 financial collapse has taught a lot of lessons. For me it was don’t turn down a pay raise 2 years into a finically collapse because a mechanic sitting in his basement playing airline CFO said AA can afford more, so vote no and send them back into negotiations!

This will be unpopular,

737max blade lube, I’m sorry, the lack of the blade lube for the LEAP engine. Meaning that the aircraft that AA flys and we maintain are designed to have less maintenance done to them, less maintenance means? I’ll let you all figure that one out. The aircraft are more reliable and the intervals between OH have been extended. So what does that mean guys? The overnight checks aren’t as extensive as before and the the aircraft have a lot of MEL relief. Put that all together and what does that tell you.

Has anybody ever heard an advertisement from Boeing or Airbus say, when you buy this plane, you will be doing more maintenance then before. They are making better more reliable planes.

This isn’t the 90s boys, with all airlines having bloated work force. Deregulation and 2008 financial collapse has taught a lot of lessons. For me it was don’t turn down a pay raise 2 years into a finically collapse because a mechanic sitting in his basement playing airline CFO said AA can afford more, so vote no and send them back into negotiations!
The leap Eng has had some issues with some in flight shutdowns, and getting metal in the chip detectors, so it is not perfect.

This will be unpopular,

as the 737 max sits on the ground......

590F0F74-217C-4557-B863-2F8B4D979319.jpeg

Just read association update. Blames AA for not negotiating and same time says it will not move on healthcare for IAM guys. Seems like a good update somewhat truthful.

Seems like they are at an impass though. Should be a good time to be released into cooling off period. I would think association wants this fight before summer schedule starts. Should be some motivation there for AA.

I do think it’s dumb to say aa is making money so we should get everything we want. I do believe the executives need to prepare for every possible financial scenario, like the approaching recession that might happen in the next year or two.

Just read association update. Blames AA for not negotiating and same time says it will not move on healthcare for IAM guys. Seems like a good update somewhat truthful.

Seems like they are at an impass though. Should be a good time to be released into cooling off period. I would think association wants this fight before summer schedule starts. Should be some motivation there for AA.

I do think it’s dumb to say aa is making money so we should get everything we want. I do believe the executives need to prepare for every possible financial scenario, like the approaching recession that might happen in the next year or two.
Once again held hostage by LUS/IAM medical!

Then there was this little line buried in the update....."We have now agreed to meet with the Company on April 3 in Washington, DC at a neutral location, in order to close out the agreement." What gives???

Once again held hostage by LUS/IAM medical!

“Fact: Jerry Glass made it very clear on Tuesday, March 19 in front of the mediators, that he had no room to move unless the Association made concessions on the Company’s medical proposal. The Association’s Committee made it clear that we were willing to negotiate on every aspect of the contract, but we were not going to negotiate against ourselves by making concessions on our medical proposal unless the Company agreed to move off their “take it or leave it” demand on our “Health & Welfare proposal” that goes well beyond the medical plan.

Fact: On the morning of Thursday, March 21 the Company explained that they may have something they can do regarding the “Health & Welfare” proposal but they would not know for a while if they would be able to do it. We agreed that we would be interested in fully understanding their “proposed concept” on a piece of the Health & Welfare proposal, but this was only a piece of the puzzle and they still needed to respond with the rest”

Then there was this little line buried in the update....."We have now agreed to meet with the Company on April 3 in Washington, DC at a neutral location, in order to close out the agreement." What gives???
I assume this is with the mediators? If not, why not? An abrupt meeting set all of a sudden on top of the already scheduled April meetings later in the month, so I agree with you, WHAT GIVES???
Seems fishy to me to hog. We shall see.

Oh and nobody is being held hostage for Mechanics issues either I guess?

You really are self centered aren’t you.
You just cannot get over it can you weez?
Here's a great article about our past and present nego's over here at SWA land for all you to digest. Believe me you guys are going through the exact same play book at this point. Warning!!! Look at long and grug out nego's. Just a friendly warning guys, calling it as I see it...

How did Southwest Airlines and its mechanics strike such a ...

Oh and nobody is being held hostage for Mechanics issues either I guess?

You really are self centered aren’t you.
When the MINORITY AND SMALLER union doesn't want to give up the SINGLE most important issue of medical up, but yet they are HALF the negotiation committee....Well yes,I call it a hostage situation, WeAAz.
And before you answer that the TWU is on the same page as the IAM with respect to medical,they are quite delusional if they think the company is going to increase their employee healthcare costs dramatically by now giving EACH AND EVERY employee cheaper coverage. Sorry, this is how I see it.

BTW, LUS really has no issue with the outsourcing numbers because they already live under those rules thanks to two bankruptcies.
I will say it again and again, for LUS it's all about the medical.

Back