Aircraft maint issues

Jim on this one I have to doubt it having anything to do with Drugs. A guy isn’t going to spend multiple thousands of Dollars and spend 2 to 3 years working to gain their licenses just to screw it all up for a little weed.
You're using logic here. Won't work. As a sober member of AA for over 35 years, I could give you countless examples of people (male and female) who given a choice between alcohol/drugs/etc and a job/career/marriage/schooling/etc chose the alcohol and/or drugs and followed that up with an attempt to explain that the loss of the good choices was not their fault. There was a guy in Houston who would recount how he was given an ultimatum to do something about his drinking or lose his executive position with a major oil company, and he had to think about the answer!

Reactions: B737 driver

I’m obviously a company guy, but even I know you don’t treat your ground employees the way we have been treated and expect everybody to jump on board so the executives can get bonus’s, and the flight crews get raises/contracts.

Do you know how much faster I can fix an airplane when I want to fix it than when I don't want to fix it?

Gordon Bethune

But I like to think that a lot of managers and executives trying to solve problems miss the forest for the trees by forgetting to look at their people -- not at how much more they can get from their people or how they can more effectively manage their people. I think they need to look a little more closely at what it's like for their people to come to work there every day.

Gordon Bethune

Coming to work Easter Sunday knowing that my LUS union brothers and fellow employees will be better compensated then me doing the same job will not put me in a motivated mood.

I can’t understand why you don’t feel you can’t at the very least keep the language for work that you already own today?

Yes of course with newer planes you have less work to perform currently but as those planes age over time that work will begin to return.

BTW you do realize that Gary Peterson did say that they were prepared to give the Company language they can work with but just not as much as they’re asking for today.

In 2008 we had a 2 year contract extension offered, more pay, holidays, sick etc etc

We turned down because of no guarantee to keep mci open

Union turned down, company got its 2 year plus an additional 9 years extension.

2010 same deal, but this time we voted it down. Lots of rhetoric from the basement airline CFOs about what aa can afford.

Send them back to negotiations was the talk from the vote no crowd. We voted no, we got nothing and company got what it wanted through bankruptcy. Company will always win. They are the ones paying and will only pay what they want to.

This is why I have the opinions I do. AA has tried to give us raises but unions or gullible people who believe the loudest guys in the break room saying what you want to hear won’t accept anything unless it is exactly everything they want.

Sometimes I think we are unreasonable like in 2010, all other airline unions lost a lot plus OH and we turn down raises that didn’t ask for jobs in return 18 months after Great Recession this is my thought process.

My thought process would have gotten us all more PAY, sick, vc etc

The vote no mentality got us more bitterness.

You're using logic here. Won't work. As a sober member of AA for over 35 years, I could give you countless examples of people (male and female) who given a choice between alcohol/drugs/etc and a job/career/marriage/schooling/etc chose the alcohol and/or drugs and followed that up with an attempt to explain that the loss of the good choices was not their fault. There was a guy in Houston who would recount how he was given an ultimatum to do something about his drinking or lose his executive position with a major oil company, and he had to think about the answer!

I get where you’re coming from Jim but again I have to believe a guy just coming out from that schooling who wanted to be there and wants to be in this career and knows they drug test to hire in and give randoms just has to be extremely low by percentage.

It has to be IMO that the pool of qualified applicants is in fairly high demand at the moment.

Jim on this one I have to doubt it having anything to do with Drugs. A guy isn’t going to spend multiple thousands of Dollars and spend 2 to 3 years working to gain their licenses just to screw it all up for a little weed.

Conehead777 you gave me a red X for this comment?

Are you telling me that you think many AMT’s are on Drugs?

I’m obviously a company guy, but even I know you don’t treat your ground employees the way we have been treated and expect everybody to jump on board so the executives can get bonus’s, and the flight crews get raises/contracts.

Do you know how much faster I can fix an airplane when I want to fix it than when I don't want to fix it?

Gordon Bethune

But I like to think that a lot of managers and executives trying to solve problems miss the forest for the trees by forgetting to look at their people -- not at how much more they can get from their people or how they can more effectively manage their people. I think they need to look a little more closely at what it's like for their people to come to work there every day.

Gordon Bethune

Coming to work Easter Sunday knowing that my LUS union brothers and fellow employees will be better compensated then me doing the same job will not put me in a motivated mood.

Today is their Holiday. Easter is a regular day for them.

Gordon Bethune

Gordon Bethune

Bethune's book is a fantastic read.

Reactions: swamt
I get where you’re coming from Jim but again I have to believe a guy just coming out from that schooling who wanted to be there and wants to be in this career and knows they drug test to hire in and give randoms just has to be extremely low by percentage.

It has to be IMO that the pool of qualified applicants is in fairly high demand at the moment.

It's the "AMT candidates" that cannot pass the drug screening. I had a manager give an example of 90 people that they interviewed, 10 passed the background check and drug screen. They hired 6, and within a year 2 were left. The other 4 left for greener pastures.

It's the "AMT candidates" that cannot pass the drug screening. I had a manager give an example of 90 people that they interviewed, 10 passed the background check and drug screen. They hired 6, and within a year 2 were left. The other 4 left for greener pastures.

Wow seriously? That just doesn’t make any sense to me. Just weird.

You lost Brett to SWA after the failed AMFA run. He's been at SWA for over 6 years, became the president of AMFA.

Wow, 35 AMT openings in TULE. Only 13 on the transfer list. Looks like they will be hiring off the street.