Aircraft maint issues

X marks the spot.
Ok. Thx for that NYer.
So 4 out of 6. NOT a good batting record at all.
I see #1 and "D" were not striked through, but they too are just imateriel as they are directly related to other para's stricken.
You just gotta love the #1 states; "American has no factual support for it's concerted slowdown claim." Then the very next para says; "Even if a slowdown by individual mechanics (being sure to toss the blame to members fully here) were proven" You just gotta love how they write this crap. Are these real lawyers writing this crap??? That is pathetic to counter your own "No factual support" to "Even if there was" This is sad writings guys. Not too mention the phrase pushing all blame to "individual mechanics" so not to accidently put blame on the asso. WOW!!! Sounds to ma as the membership (individual mechanics" just got thrown under the bus by it's own representational union the asso. Again, this is PATHETIC representation...

Ok. Thx for that NYer.
I see #1 and "D" were not striked through, but they too are just imateriel as they are directly related to other para's stricken.
You just gotta love the #1 states; "American has no factual support for it's concerted slowdown claim." Then the very next para says; "Even if a slowdown by individual mechanics (being sure to toss the blame to members fully here) were proven" You just gotta love how they write this crap. Are these real lawyers writing this crap??? That is pathetic to counter your own "No factual support" to "Even if there was" This is sad writings guys. Not too mention the phrase pushing all blame to "individual mechanics" so not to accidently put blame on the asso. WOW!!! Sounds to ma as the membership (individual mechanics" just got thrown under the bus by it's own representational union the asso. Again, this is PATHETIC representation...
Welcome to our world the twu has been throwing mechanics under the bus in my 34 years. But this is the worst to blame individuals when the twu is on video saying it’s going to a long hot summer and of course the bloody battle of all. I wish this would wake the mechanics group up and sign cards but it want. The twu took our sick time to 5 days on all groups but the mechanics lose a half a days pay on the first day each occurrence. The only group and plus all the other great benefits the twu has lost mechanics over the years. So yes but it being a bus driver union makes since

Ok. Thx for that NYer.

It's a legal argument, wouldn't read too much into it.

To me, what it does signal is their flawed thought process that didn't take case law into account. For many, many years there have been argumenta on these pages about the TWU, or any union, not having the courage to take this type of step.

The reality, as we see, doesn't have to with courage but with the law.

Even if there isn't a fine, this process has amplified the already sizeable disadvantage we have in negotiating under the RLA.

Welcome to our world the twu has been throwing mechanics under the bus in my 34 years. But this is the worst to blame individuals when the twu is on video saying it’s going to a long hot summer and of course the bloody battle of all. I wish this would wake the mechanics group up and sign cards but it want. The twu took our sick time to 5 days on all groups but the mechanics lose a half a days pay on the first day each occurrence. The only group and plus all the other great benefits the twu has lost mechanics over the years. So yes but it being a bus driver union makes since
Cone amazing how the mechanics just put up with this. I know this is a Forum, small audience , what are the feelings on Facebook or Jetnet on the Association representation?

If the judge allows AA to sue us then you will have a contract very soon. The Association is going to try and get money from the members to counter sue AA and I will not give anymore then my contract says.

Can the association take a special assessment from our paycheck to pay for counter suit ?

I asked earlier but made the mistake of using the example of how union held on to part of our equity after bankruptcy. NYer gave a lesson about the equity which was nice but didn’t answer my question.

Cone amazing how the mechanics just put up with this. I know this is a Forum, small audience , what are the feelings on Facebook or Jetnet on the Association representation?

Several times mechanics have tried to be on our own. Whether it be new union or separate from ramp within the TWU. It always seems like AA has helped TWU stay on property and this last time it’s seemed like AA TWU and IBT conspired to help keep TWU on property. Now it comes across as TWU IAM and AFL CIO are doing everything in their power to keep us in the association.

This might not be accurate, but from my perspective that’s how it comes across.

Reactions: swamt
Several times mechanics have tried to be on our own. Whether it be new union or separate from ramp within the TWU. It always seems like AA has helped TWU stay on property and this last time it’s seemed like AA TWU and IBT conspired to help keep TWU on property. Now it comes across as TWU IAM and AFL CIO are doing everything in their power to keep us in the association.

This might not be accurate, but from my perspective that’s how it comes across.
So sad, not like you guys haven't tried. It's like beating a dog until he is cowering in the corner.

Representatives for American’s pilots and flight attendants blasted the airline, saying the cancellations have been happening for years nationwide and can be traced to an outdated scheduling and information technology system.

Dennis Tajer, an American pilot and spokesperson for the Allied Pilots Association, which represents the company’s pilots, said airlines like Delta and Southwest have innovative scheduling programs that automatically reroute and reschedule flights delayed by weather or mechanical issues. But American’s schedule has to be manually updated, which invites human error and takes much longer, he said.

“The other airlines are battling the same storm, but they’re back up and running in hours. American takes two to three days to get back and running,” Tajer said. American’s executives “have not invested in that and it will take them years to get that up and running. ... It’s the world’s largest airline and you can’t figure out how to do day-to-day operations? We are at a loss to understand why management cannot get this done.”

Can the association take a special assessment from our paycheck to pay for counter suit ?

I asked earlier but made the mistake of using the example of how union held on to part of our equity after bankruptcy. NYer gave a lesson about the equity which was nice but didn’t answer my question.

Don't need a special assessment, they already have your money.

Legally, NO. They cannot. The amount approved by each member is the monthly dues amount. Nothing more can be "taken" without consent from the members. If they do they can get into big trouble and any Judge would set them straight with a huge fine.
Think of it as a company that you already gave approval to withdraw from your account to pay a certain bill, if they try to take out more they will get into trouble for taking more than was approved.

Will American add this to the list when they return to court in a month? Let's see how the Association deals with the failures in Aircraft Maintenance causing many of the built in problems that we are getting blamed for.

https://www.inquirer.com/business/a...rnational-airport-travel-report-20190705.html
Our company tried doing the same to us, but we had all legit write-ups and most all were safety of flight write-ups. Now if mechanics are writing up bogus write-ups that's a whole different ball game and will not be tolerated by any company or Judge. I really think the Judge is having a tough time to make a decision. If they are legit write-ups there is nothing he can do about it. What Judge would want to be behind an order that says aircraft mechanics cannot write-up safety of flight discrepancies. In our case no order was given temporarily or permanent as they were all directed right from SWA paperwork that was all new paperwork passed out at line maint and overnight maint facilities, they were just doing what they are suppose to do by the paperwork added to their work packages. These inspections were very quickly removed from the work packages and put into the hangar larger work packages when they come into the hangars for longer maint.

Representatives for American’s pilots and flight attendants blasted the airline, saying the cancellations have been happening for years nationwide and can be traced to an outdated scheduling and information technology system.

Dennis Tajer, an American pilot and spokesperson for the Allied Pilots Association, which represents the company’s pilots, said airlines like Delta and Southwest have innovative scheduling programs that automatically reroute and reschedule flights delayed by weather or mechanical issues. But American’s schedule has to be manually updated, which invites human error and takes much longer, he said.

“The other airlines are battling the same storm, but they’re back up and running in hours. American takes two to three days to get back and running,” Tajer said. American’s executives “have not invested in that and it will take them years to get that up and running. ... It’s the world’s largest airline and you can’t figure out how to do day-to-day operations? We are at a loss to understand why management cannot get this done.”
86, I'm a bit baffled that AA is still not using the same as SWA and Delta use. Matter fact I'm shocked. And they are correct we usually have our systems back to norm within hours not days. The only time it took days was when we were all grounded after 9-11.

Latest posts