Aircraft maint issues

Like I give a shite..... Couldn't care less, tired of getting F'd over by these arseholes.

How about you read them for me dpshite.

I have read them, that's how I know you were quoted by the Company to help make their case.

Reactions: swamt
Legally, NO. They cannot. The amount approved by each member is the monthly dues amount. Nothing more can be "taken" without consent from the members. If they do they can get into big trouble and any Judge would set them straight with a huge fine.
Think of it as a company that you already gave approval to withdraw from your account to pay a certain bill, if they try to take out more they will get into trouble for taking more than was approved.

Our company tried doing the same to us, but we had all legit write-ups and most all were safety of flight write-ups. Now if mechanics are writing up bogus write-ups that's a whole different ball game and will not be tolerated by any company or Judge. I really think the Judge is having a tough time to make a decision. If they are legit write-ups there is nothing he can do about it. What Judge would want to be behind an order that says aircraft mechanics cannot write-up safety of flight discrepancies. In our case no order was given temporarily or permanent as they were all directed right from SWA paperwork that was all new paperwork passed out at line maint and overnight maint facilities, they were just doing what they are suppose to do by the paperwork added to their work packages. These inspections were very quickly removed from the work packages and put into the hangar larger work packages when they come into the hangars for longer maint.

86, I'm a bit baffled that AA is still not using the same as SWA and Delta use. Matter fact I'm shocked. And they are correct we usually have our systems back to norm within hours not days. The only time it took days was when we were all grounded after 9-11.
Remember you have a group of loser executives who ran AmericaWest to the ground then ruined every other airline they touched. They got rid of all the airline executives that were better than them at AA. They changed everything around at AA to their liking instead of keeping what was successful. It amazes me that any bad weather disruption at any given day at any given airport will amount to cancellations due to tight crew scheduling issues. Before AA was taken over by AmericaWest losers weather disruptions created delayed flights not massive cancellations at the troubled airport and downline stations as well. I guess I don't see the big picture. Silly me.

Reactions: swamt
It amazes me that any bad weather disruption at any given day at any given airport will amount to cancellations due to tight crew scheduling issues. .

You realize crew scheduling is a contractual issue. They can't just do whatever they please, right.

You realize crew scheduling is a contractual issue. They can't just do whatever they please, right.
It's the bidding system in place that is being utilized. I was told by flight crews it changed when new management took over. It wasn't overnight but it changed. I'm not familiar with it but I see the results of it.

I have read them, that's how I know you were quoted by the Company to help make their case.
Well. Iftats the case and they leaning there case on quotes from this source and the judge agrees. We can only hope that my quote helps to break the union...

Also FAs are using new bidding system and a lot of new hires and more FAs on reserve who haven’t been on reserve in years.

Also FAs are using new bidding system and a lot of new hires and more FAs on reserve who haven’t been on reserve in years.

They're not happy about that. It will certainly become an issue during their next negotiations.

Well. Iftats the case and they leaning there case on quotes from this source and the judge agrees. We can only hope that my quote helps to break the union...
I don't think they are looking very hard at most the postings here, the co. is only reaching and hoping the judge would collectively count them all in their favor. What is killing me is the union doesn't call out the post even by some of the same people that discouraged any wrongdoing, job actions, slowdowns and striking. Numerous times we have all said and read that the gov would never allow a strike at such a big transportation company like AA. You would think the unions attorneys would be jumping all over the "other" postings that we all wrote against any type of job actions. It's also baffling that the union never did file counter suit(s) to help protect their members. But of course this asso. is ONLY interested in saving the union leaders ONLY!!! Pathetically sad representation...

We is me ... the union is,, which ever one gets broke. Hopefully both...

Held back for 15+ years now...
I can understand your frustration. If the way this asso was slammed down your throats with NO vote, the way they are running these nego's, keeping the membership in the dark until co. finally released all the info., pathetically representing you guys in a job action suit case, no counter suits, no fighting the postings the co. offered and no countering them. If this doesn't get them fired NOTHING will. I am still in support and agreement with conehead, I hope the mechanics can successfully get their own union to represent them.
And let's remember one very important item about these nego's that have taken place. The asso./TWU/IAM had NOTHing to do with the wages being offered from the AMFA/SWA agreement. It was the company (AA) who actually freely offered that up after we T/A'd (didn't even vote yet). Once again the industrial unions follow the AMFA's lead at other airlines in getting ILC wages for our industry all over again. This time at two other airlines around the same time period. They (asso.) will try to sell it that they did it as they always TRY to pull off. I really did think the card drive might have kicked off again after we came to new agreement at SWA. Can only hope AMFA, AMP, or any mechanic class and craft union can get in at AA.

I can understand your frustration. If the way this asso was slammed down your throats with NO vote, the way they are running these nego's, keeping the membership in the dark until co. finally released all the info., pathetically representing you guys in a job action suit case, no counter suits, no fighting the postings the co. offered and no countering them. If this doesn't get them fired NOTHING will. I am still in support and agreement with conehead, I hope the mechanics can successfully get their own union to represent them.
And let's remember one very important item about these nego's that have taken place. The asso./TWU/IAM had NOTHing to do with the wages being offered from the AMFA/SWA agreement. It was the company (AA) who actually freely offered that up after we T/A'd (didn't even vote yet). Once again the industrial unions follow the AMFA's lead at other airlines in getting ILC wages for our industry all over again. This time at two other airlines around the same time period. They (asso.) will try to sell it that they did it as they always TRY to pull off. I really did think the card drive might have kicked off again after we came to new agreement at SWA. Can only hope AMFA, AMP, or any mechanic class and craft union can get in at AA.
One can only hope Swampy that they actually pay attention to how this Association is treating the mechanics, and they do something about it.

It's so nice as of late to come on this forum without the insults and stupidity of non AMT'S trying to hijack and create diversity among ourselves. I hope we can learn from this, ignore the trash talkers so we can have meaningful and informative discussions. ;)

I don't think they are looking very hard at most the postings here, the co. is only reaching and hoping the judge would collectively count them all in their favor. What is killing me is the union doesn't call out the post even by some of the same people that discouraged any wrongdoing, job actions, slowdowns and striking. Numerous times we have all said and read that the gov would never allow a strike at such a big transportation company like AA. You would think the unions attorneys would be jumping all over the "other" postings that we all wrote against any type of job actions. It's also baffling that the union never did file counter suit(s) to help protect their members. But of course this asso. is ONLY interested in saving the union leaders ONLY!!! Pathetically sad representation...

The quotes were used to show how Members understood or interpreted the terminology used by Association as to mean there was something happening.

I’m not sure how long the Judge will take to make a decision on the lawsuit. I do know when Southwest union was sued by the company within a month they came to agreement! I will not be surprised we have a contract by the new year.

Latest posts