Aircraft maint issues

Won't happen.
Title 2 wont sign. USAIR guys won't sign. That's the hard truth. Thank goodness I'm going to retire soon. That's the only positive thing I'm looking forward too being represented by this dysfunctional dueling unions. They are both fighting to keep head counts or should I say union dues.
Very sad indeed...

It is already implied if you want a mechanic's UNION that Fleet Service would not be a part of that. Calling out Fleet Service specifically reeks of disdain, was a base comment, and was not necessary.

I understand you have a goal but why alienate your coworkers in the pursuit?

TWU Informer has a history of making disparaging comments about Fleet Service only to apologize later for his lack of focus after I pointed out that Fleet Service Clerks are just a bunch of clock punching front line employees that have very little influence or control over the TWU.

It is a good thing he is passionate and angry but that anger needs to be surgically focused not used as a club.

I mean, is it really Fleet Service you have an issue with or the way the TWU/Association leverages them?

Please really consider what I have said before you reply.
What part of that did you disagree with exactly?

It official now fellas. The mechanics at Horizon are now certified with AMFA representation. They were smart firing the teamsters. teamsters will be butt hurt once again with another successful AMFA grass roots drive to remove the teamsters. Press release below:

Press Release: AMFA Welcomes Horizon Air Mechanics and Related Employees
August 22, 2019 -The National Mediation Board (NMB) officially announced today that the Aircraft Maintenance Technicians (AMTs) at Horizon Air voted to elect the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA), to be their exclusive collective bargaining agent.

Download: 20190822_NMB_AMFA_Certification_Letter_Horizon_Air.pdf
Read More

Reactions: 787nightmare
Won't happen.
Title 2 wont sign. USAIR guys won't sign. That's the hard truth. Thank goodness I'm going to retire soon. That's the only positive thing I'm looking forward too being represented by this dysfunctional dueling unions. They are both fighting to keep head counts or should I say union dues.

Yes, the mechanics that are left after those retiring or near retirement are on the edge just to drop out of being active in a drive.

Reactions: 787nightmare
It official now fellas. The mechanics at Horizon are now certified with AMFA representation. They were smart firing the teamsters. teamsters will be butt hurt once again with another successful AMFA grass roots drive to remove the teamsters. Press release below:

Press Release: AMFA Welcomes Horizon Air Mechanics and Related Employees
August 22, 2019 -The National Mediation Board (NMB) officially announced today that the Aircraft Maintenance Technicians (AMTs) at Horizon Air voted to elect the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA), to be their exclusive collective bargaining agent.

Download: 20190822_NMB_AMFA_Certification_Letter_Horizon_Air.pdf
Read More
Good to see they changed, Swampy. My new Avatar for Tim. Need to figure out, how to put an slasher on ir.

Reactions: swamt
Good to see they changed, Swampy. My new Avatar for Tim. Need to figure out, how to put an slasher on ir.
Yea, I was wondering what took them so long with ALK being AMFA. They too probably got tired of the teamster lies and propaganda, who really knows though? Maybe Brett will have some details, or even Earl.
I'm good with your new avatar. Tim is on a mission. Let him go. He has no clue what took place up there in your world, as we can see by his misinformation postings.
BTW sent you a memo.

Yea, I was wondering what took them so long with ALK being AMFA. They too probably got tired of the teamster lies and propaganda, who really knows though? Maybe Brett will have some details, or even Earl.
I'm good with your new avatar. Tim is on a mission. Let him go. He has no clue what took place up there in your world, as we can see by his misinformation postings.
BTW sent you a memo.

I am going to guess that Horizon or Alaska did not want AMFA on the property?

I am going to guess that Horizon or Alaska did not want AMFA on the property?
I don't think so.
Going way back to where we brought in AMFA (2004 I think) AMFA wanted to come in and make waves to show the industry how they work. Our membership told them to not mess with our relationship with SWA. So they backed off on being the bully towards our company, which made for way better relations as well as much better improvements to our contract and in house maint and shop work. SWA was surprisingly impressed how they and AMFA were getting along as SWA too, was expecting a knock down dragged out fight after the big blow up over at NWA.
As far as ALK bringing in AMFA not sure if ALK fought that or not. I would think the co. would have loved the mechanics staying with the teamsters as they liked doing back door deals with the co's where they represented, AMFA cannot and does not, too transparent. I will add that Kinder liked nego with AMFA at ALK, he said so himself and he also said he looks forward to repairing the damaged relationship caused by this new regime within maint. He wants to get back to the way it was back in the day before SWA ruined the relationship between the mechanics and company.
As of Horizon I have not heard as of yet any resistance from the co. about the teamsters being fired and AMFA coming on board. I will admit that a lot of us here at SWA was a little giddy over AMFA successfully taking over another mechanics group from the teamsters yet again. Now just need UAL mechs to fire the teamsters. And of course still waiting on AA mechs to pull the trigger as well...

I don't think so.
Going way back to where we brought in AMFA (2004 I think) AMFA wanted to come in and make waves to show the industry how they work. Our membership told them to not mess with our relationship with SWA. So they backed off on being the bully towards our company, which made for way better relations as well as much better improvements to our contract and in house maint and shop work. SWA was surprisingly impressed how they and AMFA were getting along as SWA too, was expecting a knock down dragged out fight after the big blow up over at NWA.
As far as ALK bringing in AMFA not sure if ALK fought that or not. I would think the co. would have loved the mechanics staying with the teamsters as they liked doing back door deals with the co's where they represented, AMFA cannot and does not, too transparent. I will add that Kinder liked nego with AMFA at ALK, he said so himself and he also said he looks forward to repairing the damaged relationship caused by this new regime within maint. He wants to get back to the way it was back in the day before SWA ruined the relationship between the mechanics and company.
As of Horizon I have not heard as of yet any resistance from the co. about the teamsters being fired and AMFA coming on board. I will admit that a lot of us here at SWA was a little giddy over AMFA successfully taking over another mechanics group from the teamsters yet again. Now just need UAL mechs to fire the teamsters. And of course still waiting on AA mechs to pull the trigger as well...
I could not agree more. I don’t think the technicians should be in their own union. I have been in maintenance for 40 years. The fleet people have never caused me to accept less in any negotiations. I would like to see the technicians negotiate their own contract. Separation is the recognition we need. I understand it took AMFA years for a industry leading contract. Herb Kellerher would have never let that happen to one of the most successful airlines in aviation history. They have never loss money per quarter in their history. That is because SWA worked as a family. Employees first then the customers.

I could not agree more. I do think the technicians should be in their own union. I have been in maintenance for 40 years. The fleet people have never caused me to accept less in any negotiations. I would like to see the technicians negotiate their own contract. Separation is the recognition we need. I understand it took AMFA years for a industry leading contract. Herb Kellerher would have never let that happen to one of the most successful airlines in aviation history. They have never loss money per quarter in their history. That is because SWA worked as a family. Employees first then the customers.

I could not agree more. I don’t think the technicians should be in their own union. I have been in maintenance for 40 years. The fleet people have never caused me to accept less in any negotiations. I would like to see the technicians negotiate their own contract. Separation is the recognition we need. I understand it took AMFA years for a industry leading contract. Herb Kellerher would have never let that happen to one of the most successful airlines in aviation history. They have never loss money per quarter in their history. That is because SWA worked as a family. Employees first then the customers.
I have to respectfully disagree. AA mechanics really do need their own union. Just look at all the existing groups at any airline with specific class and craft representation. Pilots, F/A's, mechanics at SWA, ALK and now Horizon, all these groups have done better with being in their own class and craft unions. The mechanics at AA need to rid the several other groups tied to their group. The "mechanics" need to become the majority within their union so that the main focus of all nego's is on the mechanics, not fleet, bus drivers, caterers, train workers etc, you get it.
I cannot stress it enough that once you get all those other groups off the backs of the mechanics so that the mechanics can be solely focused upon for the betterment of the membership as a whole.
The best thing we did here at SWA was firing the teamsters and going with AMFA. The second best was moving the cleaners out of our contract putting them in their own contract and the mechanics in our own contract. Now the focus is clearly 100% on the mechanics since AMFA is a class and craft union. This also keeps any other groups from voting on our mechanic issues and keeps us mechanics from voting on their issues and that's the way is should be period.

Guess we won't see any updates for new dates being set this second week either. Great job asso....