ALPA Thread 1/18-1/25 ALL ALPA Discussed Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only said the NMB ruled. Refering to the single carrier status. One step down, more to go until ALPA is finally history.

Not what I was asking. Are you still wishing on a star you can vote away Nicolau because that is the only reason USAPA even exists (reference Bradford's little story about a van, a few angry pilots and Northern Virginia on a late spring day).

Not what I was asking. Are you still wishing on a star you can vote away Nicolau because that is the only reason USAPA even exists (reference Bradford's little story about a van, a few angry pilots and Northern Virginia on a late spring day).
I know what you were asking. If you want to change the subject thats fine. For some of us, it didn't and still doesn't matter when or how USAPA was born. The simple fact is that everything came together at this time, this moment in history to finally see ALPA removed from the property.

For me, and I am speaking for me only, Nic or no Nic, my only goal in life right now is to see ALPA voted off. What I do know, is if ALPA stays, so does Nic. That we can agree on. Under USAPA, if we can keep Nic from being implemented, then that would be great also. It seems Jeff Small, an ALPA attorney, feels the same way. So 100% Nic with ALPA, a chance with USAPA. I'll take my chances.

Either way, ALPA is gone.

Think of how they (USAP's leaders) will deal with that darn little arbitrated agreement that just can't disappear with a waving of a wand or a penny toss into a fountain. Changing a union will not change the pilot seniority list- that has been settled. Bradford, et al. will eventually have to pony up some answers for the plethora of empty promises once their honeymoon of hopes and wishes ends.

Let us know when your ready for the road show.

You still don't have a clue, do you? Maybe if you educate yourself direct from the source. Send your questions to [email protected]
We are more prepared than you think.

Just like you were prepared for the seniority list integration? Your problems are not beceause of ALPA, they are not from the AWA pilot group, they aren't from Schofield, Wolf or Parker- your problems are from yourselves. Thinking that changing an association (which is what ALPA really is, like the American Medical Association or the American Dental Association- no different) will correct the wrongs from your past and prevent history from repeating is "laughable".
I never got an answer from you or End regarding how many of the MEC and LEC officers that gave you LOA93 are still involved in your representation today.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

God, that brought back memories I haven't conjured up in a LONG time! Are you talking about the copies with the purple/blue ink that, if right off the printer, were still damp? All of the classmates would take the paper and put it up to their noses to get a cheap high from the scent of the ink? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think those were called mimeograph pages, if I recall correctly.

I couldn't remember the name...BUT THE SMELL!!! I forgot about that! Once you said it, I KNEW there was something else to the puzzle. THE SMELL! That even brought back the memories of several classes I was in as a grade schooler after you reminded me of that.

The ones with the smelly purple/blue ink were spirit duplicators and were the cousin to the Mimeograph which printed in black and used a paste type ink.

These products pretty much went the way of the AMC Pacer. However there are 2 possibly three manufacturers of what are now called "Digital Duplicators". Basic technology is very similar to the Mimeo but with colored ink available along with the machine making and mounting its own masters.

I think we're dating ourselves here. Oh Oh!!

Just like you were prepared for the seniority list integration? Your problems are not beceause of ALPA, they are not from the AWA pilot group, they aren't from Schofield, Wolf or Parker- your problems are from yourselves. Thinking that changing an association (which is what ALPA really is, like the American Medical Association or the American Dental Association- no different) will correct the wrongs from your past and prevent history from repeating is "laughable".
I never got an answer from you or End regarding how many of the MEC and LEC officers that gave you LOA93 are still involved in your representation today.

You can talk to them until you are blue in the face God knows I have but they simply refuse to see or understand what the future holds. They will only get it when the see the CH 11 filing but dont' expect any intelligent moves thereafter because if history is any indicator they will do as they often have, make an extremely stupid decision then blame ALPA, Usap or whoever but never themselves! Only when this place is fractioned off will it sink in that they screwed up major and this time for good...

Once again you confuse the USAPA leadership with ALPA. Have posted many times they are 2 different entities. So why bother explaining anymore? Believe what you want. I can't change your thought pattern.

As for your question. It's because I don't know the answer. I know at least 2 are still around. Just not all. What I do know, the current reps are not part of the USAPA leadership. There are many capable pilots who saw ALPA for what it is. And it's not a "union" representing our best interests.

addendum: There is a recall under way to remove one of them that I do know. :up:

There is a basis for more than wishing on a star. A buddy of mine that worked at Air Wisconsin were given advice (1985) from a legal team that mirrored what USAPA is saying. The counsel representing AW at the time essentially said that labor seniority awards are products of that specific union. The effort failed ( less than 50%) to decertify ALPA. The question regarding the pro and con opinions lie in being successful at changing bargaining agents. Then the truth will come to light. One thing the EAST can be assured of is that the order of the Nicolau award cannot be changed with ALPA as the CBA. The only way to change the award with ALPA present is relief granted from AWA. Not very realistic...I know of no one who has returned lottery winnings.

I find it so hard to understand why the USAPAers dont understand what binding arbitration means.

No matter what union you are, Nic will stand.

You can talk to them until you are blue in the face God knows I have but they simply refuse to see or understand what the future holds. They will only get it when the see the CH 11 filing but dont' expect any intelligent moves thereafter because if history is any indicator they will do as they often have, make an extremely stupid decision then blame ALPA, Usap or whoever but never themselves! Only when this place is fractioned off will it sink in that they screwed up major and this time for good...

Therein lies the problem. You don't seem to understand that your mantra of industry leading contract (i.e. buying the nic) can also just as easily go away in your same bankruptcy scenario. Pays raises can come and go, but you're married to your seniority forever. Or until the next merger.

But screwed up? Getting rid of ALPA is not, and never will be a mistake. Maybe if ALPA can change overnight to begin acting like a union instead of a business would there be any hope of staying or even returning. How about an SOS over the retirement? That would be a start.

This is a full thread--and since the NMB story is related, I am using that as the new ALPA/USAPA thread for the week--please continue the pilot union discussions over there....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back