AWA ALPA Thread 10/5 to 10/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gues when you are sued out of this galaxy then and only then will you get it. You are on the verge of losing eveything you own. Pay now pay me later it's up to you but don't say you were never warned and don't expect a settlement from us in the end as most at that point would much rather see you completely broke.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Oh please. Threats like that make me laugh. Bring it on big boy. Just be sure to have a backup plan.

I think that is unfair to characterize AWA320 and exB717 in that manner.

Oh, thanks for the clarification. I thought he meant Junebug and 320. :lol:

It is a simple choice. Either the terms of ALPA constitution and bylaws are preeminent (with processes serving to effect results in compliance with the terms) or the processes are preeminent (where the terms are incidental guidelines to be obviated at whim, leaving ALPA to feign impotence to effect its own dictates, at great gain to the impotent--how paradoxical :huh: ).

Prater and his pals have explicitly refused to rule the former to be the case and have no compunction in having repeatedly embraced the latter.

[quote name='EastUS' post='532371' date='Oct 7 2007, 09:28 PM'][quote name='AWA320' date='Oct 7 2007, 10:10 AM' post='532187'
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
Sigh..Ok...you've 'WARNED!!!" me :rolleyes:

A never ending source of amusement.[/quote]

I think it was a typo. He meant to say, "YOU HAVE BEEN WARMED".

This first officer explicitly stated on the ALPA message board he has nothing to do with USAPA and didn't call you. Who's lying? My vote is you, the guy who sells out his colleagues. IF USAPA wins a representation election and becomes the West's new collective bargaining agent I'll likely join. But until then I'll not do one thing to assist them.

Why don't you just ask him who he called? Trust us, he called us and now is feeling some heat so he's trying to distance himself. He didn't just come up with the recalls on his own you know. He called us and we told him how to do it.

Of course you will join USAPA. More AWA pilots have signed cards than the MEC will ever admit. We have no intention of suing our union brothers on the east. We will support the new union to make sure that the current gang of thugs never holds office again.

He called us and this is a fact that he can't get away from no matter what he says.

Why don't you just ask him who he called? Trust us, he called us and now is feeling some heat so he's trying to distance himself. He didn't just come up with the recalls on his own you know. He called us and we told him how to do it.

Of course you will join USAPA. More AWA pilots have signed cards than the MEC will ever admit. We have no intention of suing our union brothers on the east. We will support the new union to make sure that the current gang of thugs never holds office again.

He called us and this is a fact that he can't get away from no matter what he says.

Yeah...disinformation is good! USAPA veiled threats. We got cards, we got stickers, but where is the $$$$$$$$$...........Whatever...blah blah blah. Sigh.

While I am sure that some AWA guys signed USAPA cards, they were probably under duress in the shadows of PHL? The goons must have been pulling teeth..because they can't cut their hands! :lol: Or is it the labotomy lab hidden in PIT? :blink:

Why don't you just ask him who he called?
Um, maybe because he already posted his answer. In any case it's moot. I don't support his recall resolution nor do I support your traitorous efforts.
Of course you will join USAPA.
Actually, knowing the likes of you will be involved is giving me second thoughts. Feel free to PM me to reveal your identity if you have the guts. I've already revealed my identity on the ALPA boards so it's no secret.
More AWA pilots have signed cards than the MEC will ever admit.
BFD. I actually considered signing a card at one point just to hasten the election and settle this. No doubt many Easties who signed won't be voting for USAPA.
We have no intention of suing our union brothers on the east.
Who said anything about suing? I'm not a fan of frivolous lawsuits. Too bad they've already sued us with one.
We will support the new union to make sure that the current gang of thugs never holds office again.
I presume you're referring to Stephan and his pals?

You guys don't get it do you? If the aforementioned issue is true about pilots being taken off the line for posting 'grey area' posts on the Internet -- this is VERY disturbing. I want to know is this Website cooperating with US Airways by providing IP numbers of certain posters? I have a big problem with that as should all of you.

Later,
Eye

I look at it this way. Some folks have more or less identified themselves and always have kept their posts within the bounds of good taste and don't stray into gray areas. Others have more or less identified themselves and haven't been as careful about what they post. As of now I am not aware of anyone in the former group who has gotten in any trouble with the company, but I have read here that one or more persons from the latter group have gotten in trouble.

I would think the moral is to not discuss topics which may contain material that the company would find actionable on a public board. Discuss that kind of stuff on private boards that lack public access.

Just my $0.02 worth.

You guys don't get it do you? If the aforementioned issue is true about pilots being taken off the line for posting 'grey area' posts on the Internet -- this is VERY disturbing. I want to know is this Website cooperating with US Airways by providing IP numbers of certain posters? I have a big problem with that as should all of you.

Later,
Eye
He has messed up and identified himself in numerous posts before, not too hard to figure that out.

Agreed. But, does that make using a post that did not have his name signed to it right? Think about that.

Yes, this person has issues; however, the bigger problem is not the person but the fact that a post on this forum was used to suit the company's agenda. That should make everyone on here a bit uncomfortable. Hey, we may not agree with the guy, but its become apparent that if you write something on here (or elsewhere on the Internet) that US Airways 'deems' a problem you are a target.

Later,
Eye

If he made a safety reference, he put himself at risk and the passengers.

He made his bed, now he has to sleep in it.

Eye, I understand and appreciate what you are saying. However, if any poster in the company employ says something that potentially damages the company (and it could be any company in any business); could lead to what the company percieves as possible damage to itself; or, otherwise potentially causes business to be lost to the company doesn't the company have any kind of right to defend it's interests? What if any employee in question is someone in a position of absolute trust and statements made by that person could potentially undermine public trust in that business or institutuion?

Agreed. But, does that make using a post that did not have his name signed to it right? Think about that.

What constitutes signing one's name to an internet chatboard message? Does posting under a psuedonym but then putting part or all of your common nickname, in any message under that psuedonym, at the end of a message constitute signing the message? It's a good question. But the safest practice for an employee would be to keep any personally identifiable information out of any messages in a public forum so as to not even give any company reason to investigate any particular individual or group of individuals.

Yes, this person has issues; however, the bigger problem is not the person but the fact that a post on this forum was used to suit the company's agenda.

I'm not sure I can identify any company "agenda" here in the way I percieve your words, at least any improper agenda. Any company is entitled to the best efforts of it's employees in exchange for the compensation paid the individual. That includes not casting the company in a derogatory light and/or causing harm to the company. I know many folks will argue that they don't get paid enough to care about the company, but in the end that argument lacks merit in my opinion. If folks really feel that way they should leave their employment. Yes that sucks in a seniority driven business. If one were to decide to do as little work as possible and still get a paycheck, then at least keep quiet and don't make yourself into an identifiable target on an internet chat board.

BTW, I am not seeking time in the cornfield and have gone out of my way to not identify any particular person or group of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back