ALPA/USAPA Thread for the Week 5/22 to 5/29

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
Folks,

The 7 day suspension of this topic has expired and we are opening the floor again to discussion of the pilot labor situation at US Airways.

I will remind you that there is a zero tolerance policy in effect for rules violations, and this includes name calling, personal attacks/insults, and other inflammatory remarks aimed at an individual OR work group.

Discuss away, and PLEASE observe the rules of the board.

Thank you.

OK. I'll get things started. Whats gone on in the past week with regard to contract negotiations, USAPA initiatives, and the West's fight for Nicolau?

OK. I'll get things started. Whats gone on in the past week with regard to contract negotiations, USAPA initiatives, and the West's fight for Nicolau?

Nothing has happened, the usapians told Doug they weren't ready, Bradford says they need more money to move forward, company refused their request for flight pay loss.. So much for being ready from day one and 30 days to a contract.

Nothing has happened, the usapians told Doug they weren't ready, Bradford says they need more money to move forward, company refused their request for flight pay loss.. So much for being ready from day one and 30 days to a contract.

Is anyone out there giving any thought that maybe you want at least one guy in USAPA to see what is going on?

Think the old Hemmingway letter might raise it's ugly head?

Not baiting, real questions to the west.

Is anyone out there giving any thought that maybe you want at least one guy in USAPA to see what is going on?

No, to both questions.

The Easties were hoping to at least get parity with the West in the near future now that usapa is on the property. After looking at market conditions and the cash burn rate I think Parker & Co. is going to give parity to the West pilots in the near future. Call it force majeure or whatever, better hold on boys and girls the ride is
about to get rough !

Definitely should put the west on LOA 93, were bleeding way to much for comfort!!!!

Will USAPA stand up and do the right thing and agree to abandon differential pay for equipment? All equipment ex 190's to be paid at narrowbody rate and propose that e190's be spun off to Republic as a way to get though these tough times.

Yeah. Nothing has happened.

What about the May 16th Hemenway letter? Doesn't that count for something?

I probably can't post it here because it is private correspondence not addressed to me. But the members of USAPA have it posted for their view on the USAPA website. Basically, Mr. Hemenway said that US Airways legal has reviewed the situation and the the company AGREES that the ENTIRE pilot group remains an agency shop and both east and west pilots are now obligated to pay dues or a service charge to USAPA. (Mr. Hemenway used bold lettering for that bit.)

He goes on to reiterate the policy for the process of termination of pilots who do not comply. THIS IS FROM THE COMPANY.

Now the west pilots have TWO Hemenway letters to ponder.

(But nothing has happened in the last week.)

USAPA received it's first sizeable payment from the company for dues check-off on May 15. Letters of credit are in place, and there is no cash crunch.

(But nothing has happened in the last week.)

A company vice president called USAPA and asked for a meeting in PHX with the USAPA president. USAPA made it clear that its president is to be contacted only by an equivalent level company official, i.e. a company vice president is not to contact the USAPA president directly. After a few days, Parker blinked and made the call. All's well now, it seems. New boundaries are in place. It's a new day.

(But nothing happened during the last week.)

A company vice president called USAPA and asked for a meeting in PHX with the USAPA president. USAPA made it clear that its president is to be contacted only by an equivalent level company official, i.e. a company vice president is not to contact the USAPA president directly. After a few days, Parker blinked and made the call. All's well now, it seems. New boundaries are in place. It's a new day.

IMO that is childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts