US Pilots Labor Discussion 6/29- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly my points. Accepting the Nicolau with a decent contract and waiting a few years is a better path to take. If the east had done that three years ago we could of all have a better contract then.

Not for me and not for what it looks like the majority. There is not a good enough contract available, right now, that makes it better for me to accept the Nic and move on. If there was I think and the majority would. It's funny that you can say what is best for the east to do, but when it comes to the west being pragmatic, no way! No fences-but you have already given yourself at least a three year one. You guys were told how this thing was going to go, even by some that agreed with you, but no, you were right and wouldn't give an inch. Well, that's your right, but here we are and we will just have to let it play out.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't know how ballotpoint works but we have have election results that said x percentage of this base voted this way, so you couldn't tell how an individual voted but since there are no east pilots in PHX and yes votes are west votes.

DOH is a gimmee for the east F/O's, but there is no such gimmee for any west pilot of any seniority level (as a matter of fact the pay scale is likely to be more than woefully inadequate), so I can see no scenario where a west pilot would vote YES to a DOH contract. USAPA knows this and plans to roll out the same steamroller they used to bring the abortion that is USAPA to life. They won't waste a minute crafting something that the west might consider voting for (as if they had the negotiating leverage to produce such a TA anyhow).

Given this and their past practice, USAPA is running headlong into a future DFR which would inhibit them from implementing any of the other contract provisions they yet may include.

But, as you can see, they don't care.

A replacement union could and would produce a bipartisan document without the anchor of codified DOH in the constitution. It is really the only escape from the endless do-nothing loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.