American looking to "right-size" the company and staffing levels for the Fall and 2021

Tell me why the good people of South Dakota should pay for the over $2B in damage caused in Minneapolis because the police were told to stand down and let people burn down and loot hundreds of small businesses? Why should New Hampshire pay for Kenosha?

It's one thing to say the Feds should pay for natural disaster relief (a.k.a. Acts of God), but yet another thing to say the Feds should pay for willful negligence on the part of local politicians to pull back police and/or refuse to allow the National Guard to restore the peace.

That’s a good point. Why should you and I keep paying for disaster relief In Oklahoma? I mean, we have the good sense to not live there, right? Tornados rip through there all the time, but People like LaLi keep living there. Maybe it’s time for them to bootstrap their way out of the next twister.

/s

That’s a good point. Why should you and I keep paying for disaster relief In Oklahoma? I mean, we have the good sense to not live there, right? Tornados rip through there all the time, but People like LaLi keep living there. Maybe it’s time for them to bootstrap their way out of the next twister.

/s
Also why should I have to pay for hurricanes when I am smart enough to live 600 miles from the atlantic or the gulf. But they still spend my taxes fixing stuff for the stupid people that are not smart enough to move away from the water.

Reactions: Kev3188

/s
To add to that, here in the "tornado alley" there is insurance available to homeowners that cover tornado and high wind damages, just like there is hurricane insurance available to the coastal folks. It's your own damn fault if you choose to not have the right coverage not the gov's or taxpayers. Wake up people. Quit expecting everything for free...

For a man that just got a 2nd chance at life, you sure are angry.

Again, we don't get to itemize our federal tax bill to fit our tastes. That's just not how it works in America.
If it is so above board and just how it works then why is that nasty ***** trying to sneak it by under the nose of the American people?

Again, this was a CHOICE by a bunch of domestic terrorist pushing a leftist political agenda. If that nasty ***** Pelosi want's money to rebuild those blue cities she can send BLM the bill and push her political allies to start levying high fines on ANTIFA members who are arrested for domestic violence and destruction of public and private property instead of neutering police officers to the point where they can't do their job.

Your post is just another example of the left not making people take responsibility for their own actions but expecting everyone else to bear the burden of the cost.

More proof that rule no 1 is true [You can't fix stupid]. the northern states for the last 150 years have been supporting the southern states by paying more taxes than they get back while the southern states get more federal aid than they pay in taxes. You notice that he does not complain about that.
Actually, I have been a proponent of the flat tax rate for years and I oppose long term entitlement programs.

In short you don't know what the hell you're talking about. You are just flinging mud and hoping something sticks. With that said do you have actual proof of your claim or are you just running your mouth?

You wanna fix stupid, start with yours first.

Tell me why the good people of South Dakota should pay for the over $2B in damage caused in Minneapolis because the police were told to stand down and let people burn down and loot hundreds of small businesses? Why should New Hampshire pay for Kenosha?

It's one thing to say the Feds should pay for natural disaster relief (a.k.a. Acts of God), but yet another thing to say the Feds should pay for willful negligence on the part of local politicians to pull back police and/or refuse to allow the National Guard to restore the peace.
He can't because his position is insane and he damn well knows it. He can't justify it. The best he can do is present some weak ass straw man argument.

Also why should I have to pay for hurricanes when I am smart enough to live 600 miles from the atlantic or the gulf. But they still spend my taxes fixing stuff for the stupid people that are not smart enough to move away from the water.
Well next time a hurricane commits arson, looting, and vandalism all with a leftist politician's blessing let me know.

To add to that, here in the "tornado alley" there is insurance available to homeowners that cover tornado and high wind damages, just like there is hurricane insurance available to the coastal folks. It's your own damn fault if you choose to not have the right coverage not the gov's or taxpayers. Wake up people. Quit expecting everything for free...
First off I DO have insurance.

Second I have lived in Oklahoma MOST of my life (over 30 years) and I have never had any personal property damaged due to a tornado. YES it COULD happen but it is not an expectation or an inevitability. That being said what does a natural disaster have to do with willful destruction? Not a damn thing. You are trying to present a parallel that does not exist. Natural disasters do not equate with willful destruction. If CA suffers an earthquake that is one thing, if they suffer BLM BS while politicians order the police to stand down and watch it happen, well that is their problem.

Third most of that money for relief is not for the general public or businesses but to do cleanup, restoration of utilities, and repair of public property. Things the government is responsible for anyway.

LaLi--

Take a big hit of Albuterol, count to 10, and go back and read what has been written. I mean really read it.

Second I have lived in Oklahoma MOST of my life (over 30 years) and I have never had any personal property damaged due to a tornado. YES it COULD happen but it is not an expectation or an inevitability. That being said what does a natural disaster have to do with willful destruction? Not a damn thing. You are trying to present a parallel that does not exist.

It most assuredly does.

Third most of that money for relief is not for the general public or businesses but to do cleanup, restoration of utilities, and repair of public property. Things the government is responsible for anyway.

I don't wanna pay for to keep cleaning OK up. It's not my fault y'all insist on living there. Show me where I can opt out of paying for things I disagree with. Any source link'll do.

LaLi--

Take a big hit of Albuterol, count to 10,
Been doing that since COVID.

It most assuredly does.
Actually it does not. Not at all.

I don't wanna pay for to keep cleaning OK up. It's not my fault y'all insist on living there. Show me where I can opt out of paying for things I disagree with. Any source link'll do.
We were not talking about opting out. We were talking about a rancid ***** trying to attach pork to a bill to pay for damage the left caused to their own communities while trying to push a Marxist political agenda.

He can't because his position is insane and he damn well knows it. He can't justify it. The best he can do is present some weak ass straw man argument.

Well next time a hurricane commits arson, looting, and vandalism all with a leftist politician's blessing let me know.

First off I DO have insurance.

Second I have lived in Oklahoma MOST of my life (over 30 years) and I have never had any personal property damaged due to a tornado. YES it COULD happen but it is not an expectation or an inevitability. That being said what does a natural disaster have to do with willful destruction? Not a damn thing. You are trying to present a parallel that does not exist. Natural disasters do not equate with willful destruction. If CA suffers an earthquake that is one thing, if they suffer BLM BS while politicians order the police to stand down and watch it happen, well that is their problem.

You obviously missed my quote.
I am not agreeing with the dems coverage of the pupose destruction of any of the cities where the riots and suppose "peaceful protesting" took place. Let them live in what they made of it.

/s

Here's the difference, Kev.

What FEMA does is help individuals impacted by a disaster. Food. Water. Shelter. Loans to get them back on their feet.

If you want to offer that to people impacted by riots, go for it.

But I don't think we should be offering it to the governments that allowed it to happen. They can pay for the overtime needed to deal with the situations they helped get out of control.

But that's also not where the bailouts are going to be spent -- they'll go towards things like pension underfunding, raises that the unions got, etc. That's how Blue City politics and finance seem to work. It won't be spent fixing the storefronts or reimbursing for business losses.

The City of Minneapolis was actually billing businesses for demolition costs. Sorry, but Jacob Frey allowed that to happen, not the business owners.

Braking now:

Jake Sherman

WHOA … PELOSI announces she will move stand-alone airline relief. BIG change here.

PELOSI: “As relief for airline workers is being advanced, the airline industry must delay these devastating job cuts.”

Braking now:

Jake Sherman

WHOA … PELOSI announces she will move stand-alone airline relief. BIG change here.

PELOSI: “As relief for airline workers is being advanced, the airline industry must delay these devastating job cuts.”
Too little too late. The layoffs and furlough processes have already begun 2 days before she mouthed off about the airlines to postpone their layoffs. She called on the airlines to delay their layoffs on Fri. when the airlines started these on Wed. 2 days prior. She's so stupid. She was told again and again that the hard date will enact on Oct 1st 2020, did she think the airline execs were bluffing?? This is how unconnected to the "REAL" problems she is, and how SHE is solely focussed on party rather than American workers. Now all of a sudden she states she wants to move an individual aviation bill thru.

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/7c3e7fe...m_medium=feed&utm_campaign=article&yptr=yahoo

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/pelosi-says-stimulus-airlines-being-194732765.html

How bad could it get. Well, for the first time even our CEO is saying if no stimulus is passed SWA will also be a target of layoffs and furloughs in 2021.
He has only promised no layoffs or pay cuts this year, next year is a whole other story if no agreement to extend comes forth.
Both sides need to wheel and deal and come to an agreement before its too dam late. Stop playing with peoples lives and get it done...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/layoffs-loom-payroll-aid-not-222855717.html

Too little too late. The layoffs and furlough processes have already begun 2 days before she mouthed off about the airlines to postpone their layoffs. She called on the airlines to delay their layoffs on Fri. when the airlines started these on Wed. 2 days prior. She's so stupid. She was told again and again that the hard date will enact on Oct 1st 2020, did she think the airline execs were bluffing?? This is how unconnected to the "REAL" problems she is, and how SHE is solely focussed on party rather than American workers. Now all of a sudden she states she wants to move an individual aviation bill thru.

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/7c3e7fe...m_medium=feed&utm_campaign=article&yptr=yahoo

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/pelosi-says-stimulus-airlines-being-194732765.html

How bad could it get. Well, for the first time even our CEO is saying if no stimulus is passed SWA will also be a target of layoffs and furloughs in 2021.
He has only promised no layoffs or pay cuts this year, next year is a whole other story if no agreement to extend comes forth.
Both sides need to wheel and deal and come to an agreement before its too dam late. Stop playing with peoples lives and get it done...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/layoffs-loom-payroll-aid-not-222855717.html

SWAMT;

You are 100% correct, if a bill was to be past to aid the airlines and other industries it should of been done weeks ago. The airline CEO's should of been told that it was coming. At AA we closed a few stations for aircraft maintenance, those were going to happen either way, those also won't be un-done either. Rental space at those airports has been promised and gates and whatever other facilities that are required to operate at those airports contracts have been signed.

The airlines could of adjusted the packages to get more workers to go, thus keeping the new/Jr. guys on payroll. I took the package, it was a good deal for me. Everyone has a different idea what is good for them and their families. Comparing what happens at each carrier really makes NO sense, each airline has its own problems. What ever those are it is and always will be just part of what we all know is part of our industry. What happens outside of our industry is also not something we can compare our industry too.

Many including myself had to start over either at another carrier or even change career paths depending on age. There is life outside of our industry don't fool yourselves. The real shame is that this is an election year and Both parties are looking at ways to bring a positive light to what they believe is best. CV19 hurt us all as well. We settled our contract this yr, and to this day they are still playing with it. Many challenges to the verbage have been filed.

Was right sizing going to happen this yr without CV19? "NO" but at some point it always does happen in our industry. Here at AA, at least most of the M&R employees got a chance to transfer to a station they wanted to be at before all this foolishness began. Each round of bumping that does happen will move some of the guys around but it is MY opinion that very few in M&R will end up on the street, those with seniority who do go, it will be because they didn't want to commute.

Within M&R we do have a possibility of a light at the end of the tunnel, within the next 6-7 weeks we the AMFA Organizers are planning on filing with the NMB the cards signed by our members. This will give us a chance to remove the IAM/TWU industrial union ASSociation. Separating our class and craft will help us in the long run. How and what effect it will have on the other work groups is unknown.

GOOD LUCK to ALL the remaining airlines workers, I wish ALL of YOU the best. Stay safe, wear your masks, follow your state guidelines.

Latest posts