AMFA Boys/Spirit

PlayTheOdds

Veteran
Sep 1, 2005
Contract and the South
Visit site
Talk around the shop by the AMFA Scabs is that the AMFA Boys are stealing jobs from the Mechanics at Spirit. (Are Spirit Mechanics union?) It is being reported that Spirit has canceled training for all its direct mechanics and laying off many of them in favor of the AMFA Boys that are contracting there through a contract company. Do the AMFA Boys know that they are supposed to live eighty miles from the job site before they can collect the lucrative per-diem that makes contracting attractive? I wonder how many of them are illegally collecting per-diem? I don't think the integrity of union members is as grand as you guys like to make it. Or should we simply chalk this up to the woes of a free market and economics?

Talk around the shop by the AMFA Scabs is that the AMFA Boys are stealing jobs from the Mechanics at Spirit. (Are Spirit Mechanics union?) It is being reported that Spirit has canceled training for all its direct mechanics and laying off many of them in favor of the AMFA Boys that are contracting there through a contract company. Do the AMFA Boys know that they are supposed to live eighty miles from the job site before they can collect the lucrative per-diem that makes contracting attractive? I wonder how many of them are illegally collecting per-diem? I don't think the integrity of union members is as grand as you guys like to make it. Or should we simply chalk this up to the woes of a free market and economics?
Ah, things that scabs think about when they are resting their eyes during work.....oh those bad AMFA boys. Don't you want to spank them? I know I spank mine. ;)

Are you saying this because you know different or are you just spewing off at the mouth without a clue?
Im saying that because as you put it is "Talk around the shop" nothing more than rumor mill. You're like a crowing rooster who struts around sounding off, and impresses no one with his facade.

I'll chalk it up as another round of the infamous PTO SCAB Fantasy Fictional Story. I wouldnt even read it to my son before his bedtime!

Im saying that because as you put it is "Talk around the shop" nothing more than rumor mill. You're like a crowing rooster who struts around sounding off, and impresses no one with his facade.
You are exactly right local, it is indeed rumor and that is why I said "Shop Talk" and did not post it as being fact. I was hoping someone here could verify it or not.

I paid a visit to the AMFA 5 site last night. There is a group picture there with a bunch of AMFA Boys. There is a van behind them and if you look real close it says Spirit on it. I wonder why there are no Spirit AMT's there as well? The Scabs that work there say the AMFA Boys are very cliquish. I wonder why that is? They were cliquish here as well but that has all but dissipated and was also expected. I do not see why there should be such behavior over at Spirit.

May be true as Sprit realizes talent, and are taking all the NWA mechs they can get :up: They look over at NWA and don't like what they see with "Scabs" maintaining the fleet. Nothing wrong in hiring them as they are non union, they just hire the best person for the job!!!

Why do you call them scabs working at Sprit? Don't recall them crossing any picket line?

I paid a visit to the AMFA 5 site last night. There is a group picture there with a bunch of AMFA Boys. There is a van behind them and if you look real close it says Spirit on it. I wonder why there are no Spirit AMT's there as well? The Scabs that work there say the AMFA Boys are very cliquish. I wonder why that is? They were cliquish here as well but that has all but dissipated and was also expected. I do not see why there should be such behavior over at Spirit.

PTO your like a silly cock crowing from his own dunghill. was/is there an ongoing strike at Spirit? If there were no picket lines crossed, then there are no SCABS at spirit.

Geeez... :rolleyes:

PTO, when you talk about all the bonuses that would have made contracting at Spirit so attractive, it makes me think you looked into working there.

Also, did you read the description for the picture? The that says "Local 5 extends our pride to some of our honorable members, who have made ends meet while we continue our fight for American Jobs. Way to go Guys..."

So taking a picture of a group of former NWA mechanics which is more appropriate than taking a picture with a bunch of other Spirit mechanics makes them "cliquish?"

Erroneous.

Why do you call them scabs working at Sprit? Don't recall them crossing any picket line?

PTO your like a silly cock crowing from his own dunghill. was/is there an ongoing strike at Spirit? If there were no picket lines crossed, then there are no SCABS at spirit.
Here we go back to the reading comprehension class. Do show me where I called them Scabs?

Also AP Tech, Spirit is not taking all the NWA Mechs they can get. They are not hiring these guys as direct employees. They are hiring them as Contract Mechanics through a contract company, which would be PlanTechs by the way. A good company to work for, I have worked for them many times. These guys are working for the same contract companies you guys despise so much. But since it’s the AMFA Boys that’s OK.

Latest posts