NWA mechanics to rally at Capital on Monday

Finman, you also have a good weekend but I have one last post for you. Why would getting along make you feel uneasy? Does NW managment not feel comfortable without dissent(sp) among its employees? Do they thrive on a culture of uneasiness and fear? I didnt ask to send a pity letter to any AMFA worker. I ask for honesty and openness. Past history has shown that corp america ex) Enron has lied and stolen from its employees. Cant think of any others right now but you get my point. I understand corp america as my spouse is a CFO for a large company. I also know that the financials are very hard to understand and when you group that together with other corp liars the bottom line can be hard to grasp unless plainly explained. Bottom line. NW needed to get rid of employees because of its failure to lead this company into the future. When you have failed you should take responsibility and new managment should have taken over. How do you continue to keep any employee on your payroll when they have shown they are incapable of doing their job. And some of you think unions proect the incompetent?
I was kind of joking about the uneasy thing. I just don't think it's all that constructive to debate the soft factors of the subject at hand.

NWA plainly explained the financials to the union representatives that signed confidentiality agreements. Those representatives are responsible for passing the summary information on to their members and explaining to them in easy to understand terms the financial condition of the company. That process was done, and I'm not sure what else you'd have them do in that regard.

Why would you assume that NWA is a bunch of corporate liars. NWA has had absolutely no history of falsifying financial information. You need to base your judgments on more than what is reported on the CBS evening news. The "Enron is bad so they all must be bad" line of thinking is intellecually lazy at best. I don't think you do understand corporate america. I think you hear anectodal items on the evening news and you extrapolate that to the whole. Sorry for sounding terse, but I'm just calling it as I see it.

You would have completely replaced all of the management team? That's a lot easier said than done. NWA brought poeple in that had experience in restructuring, and kept the poeple that were needed to make that happen.

I hung out in the break room a bit today and listened to the AMFA Scabs talk about some of their AMFA Boy buddies. The conversation pretty much revolved around what Jim Bob was doing. It was really sad. "Jims loading boxes at a warehouse for twelve an hour." "Bobs working at a Quick Lube for nine an hour." "Billy is turning wrenches at a garage for 12 an hour." "Jack is busting tires at Wall Mart for ten an hour." "John is still unemployed." "Phill went contracting for about a month but now he is back looking for work again." The list went on and on. So much for the A&P Mechanic skills are easily transferable to any industry making good money theory. All you guys that cheered this strike on congratulations. Though I do not believe these guys are entitled to unemployment benefits and job dislocation training, I do hope that they get it. I also hope that this turns AMFA into a worthless lame duck that no one wants to be associated with.

If the pilots approve the t/a NWA still did not get all the concessions it was looking for. Is this going to be your justification for letting them cut the pay of the scabs? You know they are looking for ways to increase their bonuses and cutting your pay does not require any negotiations. I can hear it now, "Im still making 15.00/hr which is more than Quik Lube." And I get non rev benefits to boot. When I non rev I just have to fix the plane during layovers. No big deal!

If NWA tries to cut the Scabs pay the Scabs will leave at a staggering rate. There would be a Scab exodus headed south. There is already a number of Scabs quitting because there is no over time available. I would like to see at least ten hours of over time a week. With my situation though I don't have to have it where some of the other guys really do need it. There are some really nice contracts available right now and some of the guys are just hanging around waiting for leases to run out, some aren't even waiting for that. I don't think it bothers NWA that much because the guy is simply replaced in short order by NWA's long AMFA Boy Wanna be a Scab Roster. Then NWA will be right back in the boat it started in with AMFA so then all the AMFA Scabs would walk off the job again then NWA would call us all back under contract status where we True Scabs will bank another bundle of money. NWA is dealing with a whole new mentality here, I do not think they fully understand that. Or maybe they do and are even playing the scabs like a well played fiddle.

If NWA tries to cut the Scabs pay the Scabs will leave at a staggering rate.

Good. Don't let the door hit you in the collective a$$ on the way out.

There would be a Scab exodus headed south. There is already a number of Scabs quitting because there is no over time available. I would like to see at least ten hours of over time a week. With my situation though I don't have to have it where some of the other guys really do need it.

One of the "best" things about an established payscale is that allows you very definite numbers to plan your budget around. It's no one's fault but their own that they "really do need it." Living above your means? That's your own fault. Boo hoo.

There are some really nice contracts available right now and some of the guys are just hanging around waiting for leases to run out, some aren't even waiting for that.

(again) To them I say, don't let the door hit you.....

Or maybe they do and are even playing the scabs like a well played fiddle.

Interesting theory. Could it be possible that PTO has finally gained insight into the true nature of NWA mgmt.?

One of the "best" things about an established payscale is that allows you very definite numbers to plan your budget around. It's no one's fault but their own that they "really do need it." Living above your means? That's your own fault. Boo hoo.
I do agree with you on this but I should have also added that some don't necessarily need it but want it. When I am away from home working I want to put in as many hours as possible. Most contractors think the same because every hour spent away from home and your not working is a wasted hour.
Interesting theory. Could it be possible that PTO has finally gained insight into the true nature of NWA mgmt.?
No just stating plausible scenarios. I am an optimist but I am capable of being wary of the pessimist side of things. You guys on the other hand only know doom and gloom.

I even got a picture of a little kid on the picket line who hates SCABS, like you PTO!

Even this kid knows what OPS is!

View attachment 4404
Ya know, I am reminded of those bumber stickers saying "hate is not a family value". Are you now pleased that a child has learned hate? Does a child really possess the capability to understand the nuances and intricacies of labor relations, or was he brainwashed to hate? Funny, I thought that was something only evil corperations and republicans did...

They may not have a strike fund, but they have UNITY from other unions! They also have a SCAB HIT LIST fund and you're at the top!
And just what is the purpose, or more appropriatly, the threat, of said hit list? Does anyone outside these boards really give a rats patoot about some supposed list? In the 20 year I've been wrenching on A/C, I cant say as I've EVER been at a job where that mattered. I remember when some joker held up a sign saying "we have your names and adresses!" in MSP. I couldnt help but say.."so, whats your point?" Am I missing something here? Why sould I care If you have my address? I KNOW NO GOOD AND HONERABLE UNION MAN WOULD EVER DO ANYTHING ILLEGAL OR THREATENING,..or would they........?

You guys on the other hand only know doom and gloom.

You guys? Who are they?

Funny how I rattle on and on about fighting for a better tomorrow (that does sound like optimism to you, does it not?), and yet you continue to miss the point completely. Frankly, after all this time, I would have thought you'd have caught on to my way of thinking.....

Funny how I rattle on and on about fighting for a better tomorrow (that does sound like optimism to you, does it not?), and yet you continue to miss the point completely. Frankly, after all this time, I would have thought you'd have caught on to my way of thinking.....
I can see that you believe in the fight for a better tomorrow, the problem is that you do not see it as an achievable goal.

Finman, you also have a good weekend but I have one last post for you. Why would getting along make you feel uneasy? Does NW managment not feel comfortable without dissent(sp) among its employees? Do they thrive on a culture of uneasiness and fear? I didnt ask to send a pity letter to any AMFA worker. I ask for honesty and openness. Past history has shown that corp america ex) Enron has lied and stolen from its employees. Cant think of any others right now but you get my point. I understand corp america as my spouse is a CFO for a large company. I also know that the financials are very hard to understand and when you group that together with other corp liars the bottom line can be hard to grasp unless plainly explained. Bottom line. NW needed to get rid of employees because of its failure to lead this company into the future. When you have failed you should take responsibility and new managment should have taken over. How do you continue to keep any employee on your payroll when they have shown they are incapable of doing their job. And some of you think unions proect the incompetent?
Exellent post! The answer is LEADERSHIP!!!!not management, not union, not some silly notion of political correctness, but plain old basic leadership, based on integrity, courage, and tenacity. Do the right thing, because its the right thing to do. Not because its popular, not because of the power or money it brings, not because of your membership, or lack there of, in some labor organization.
It's no secret that I am no fan of MODERN unionism, but I fully acknowledge that organized labor, that of the late 19th, and early 20th century, was led by some truely outstanding individuals. So, for that matter, were many companies that became the bulwark of western capitalism. Perhaps a return to the values of those times may be the solution to the problems of these times.

And just what is the purpose, or more appropriatly, the threat, of said hit list? Does anyone outside these boards really give a rats patoot about some supposed list? In the 20 year I've been wrenching on A/C, I cant say as I've EVER been at a job where that mattered. I remember when some joker held up a sign saying "we have your names and adresses!" in MSP. I couldnt help but say.."so, whats your point?" Am I missing something here? Why sould I care If you have my address? I KNOW NO GOOD AND HONERABLE UNION MAN WOULD EVER DO ANYTHING ILLEGAL OR THREATENING,..or would they........?
Its a small airline world CSAR scab, you will be held accountable for you actions against the profession. We have former EAL scabs over here. They are shunned by all but the other low lifes. No matter what they do, they are not accepted. So, when your sinking ship goes under, and you try to get on (non-scab) at another major (if they ever start hiring again) do expect problems if you get in the door. Most of the airline AMT's are union, and they will be checking for your name. You made your bed...... :down:

Latest posts