NWA mechanics to rally at Capital on Monday

Its a small airline world CSAR scab, you will be held accountable for you actions against the profession. We have former EAL scabs over here. They are shunned by all but the other low lifes. No matter what they do, they are not accepted. So, when your sinking ship goes under, and you try to get on (non-scab) at another major (if they ever start hiring again) do expect problems if you get in the door. Most of the airline AMT's are union, and they will be checking for your name. You made your bed...... :down:
So being "shunned" by some poeple is the consequence of accepting a job vacated by a union member at some point in your life? That doesn't sound like that big of deal.

Since sabotoge and the like are not things that unionists would resort to due to their professional integrity, it seems to me it just amounts to silly, juevinile social barbs. (I.E., "scabs" can't sit at this table, you have your own table).

If that "cool group" vs "uncool group" mentality at the workplace is the only consequence of picking up a great job at a major airline, then I think I see why so many mechanics were willing to join NWA in toppling AMFA.

So being "shunned" by some poeple is the consequence of accepting a job vacated by a union member at some point in your life? That doesn't sound like that big of deal.

Since sabotoge and the like are not things that unionists would resort to due to their professional integrity, it seems to me it just amounts to silly, juevinile social barbs. (I.E., "scabs" can't sit at this table, you have your own table).

If that "cool group" vs "uncool group" mentality at the workplace is the only consequence of picking up a great job at a major airline, then I think I see why so many mechanics were willing to join NWA in toppling AMFA.
Well, as a disfunctional shoe shine management boy at Scab Air, your probably used to being rejected by many. Looking at the dismal history of your airline, it seems to be the case.

I don't know what sabotage your speaking to, maybe the horrific employee relations Scab Air has had for years?
How about the fact the abominal business decisions your professional heros have made while they enrich themselves off of the misery of the front line employees?

Toppling AMFA? AMFA is still on strike, so I wouldn't be bragging how you won just yet with your last place airline ranking. Could it be the scab maintenance program? Investors don't seem to be clamoring with the hundreds of millions Scab Air so desperately needs. Scab Air doesn't look to be trumping anyone at this point in time, except maybe the state of Minnesota, or its creditors. Anyone who will put themselves or their careers in the cesspool of the airline world has to have a few mental flaws to say the least.

Is Scab Air still recruiting scabs? Hmm, I thought they had all they needed months ago? As Dougie Stealin' said; "Its flawless"....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, as a disfunctional shoe shine management boy at Scab Air, your probably used to being rejected by many. Looking at the dismal history of your airline, it seems to be the case.

I don't know what sabotage your speaking to, maybe the horrific employee relations Scab Air has had for years?
How about the fact the abominal business decisions your professional heros have made while they enrich themselves off of the misery of the front line employees?

Toppling AMFA? AMFA is still on strike, so I wouldn't be bragging how you won just yet with your last place airline ranking. Could it be the scab maintenance program? Investors don't seem to be clamoring with the hundreds of millions Scab Air so desperately needs. Scab Air doesn't look to be trumping anyone at this point in time, except maybe the state of Minnesota, or its creditors. Anyone who will put themselves or their careers in the cesspool of the airline world has to have a few mental flaws to say the least.

Is Scab Air still recruiting scabs? Hmm, I thought they had all they needed months ago? As Dougie Stealin' said; "Its flawless"....... :lol: :lol: :lol:
As usual. A lot of rhetoric and no substance.

Let's break this down.

In response to my assertion that the negative impacts of crossing a picket are very minor ("shunning" being the impact, as you said) in relation to the personal prosperity that can be gained be filling a vacated position, your reasoned reply is:

1) I shine shoes, so I must be accustomed to being shunned
not sure how this is relevant or even what it means, but let's continue on

2) NWA has made bad business decisions and likes to feast on babies
0 for 2 in the "relevant to the topic at hand" score

3) AMFA is still on strike, and NWA on-time is last
well at least it's in reference to something I said, so that's reassuring. Unfortunately, it's a little outdated, as NWA is number two in DOT on-time for 2006 out of the six majors. I guess you'll have to table that talking point for now, eh

4) Anyone working for NWA at this point is mentally challenged.
I thought you were in support of NWA workers, now you call them mentally challenged. That seems odd.

5) Hiring poeple is a sign that things are going badly.
Attrition is a very natural thing in "at-will" employment that you are so scared of. When one's income and status is not tied to a hire date, it gives employees much more freedom and leverage to move between employers and bargain on their skills.

Judging by this scattered and unreasoned response to a fairly direct and limited assertion on my part, I'm guessing that you weren't the star of your debate team?

Judging by this scattered and unreasoned response to a fairly direct and limited assertion on my part, I'm guessing that you weren't the star of your debate team?
:lol: Very nice post finman. Poor Hackman just can't catch a break lately. He took one hell a thrashing last night. When the DOT stats work in his favor they have substantial meaning when they don't well it’s just a worthless numbers game, but he will still hide them from you.

:lol: Very nice post finman. Poor Hackman just can't catch a break lately. He took one hell a thrashing last night. When the DOT stats work in his favor they have substantial meaning when they don't well it’s just a worthless numbers game, but he will still hide them from you.
When AMFA folks were at NWA fixing planes, the DOT Statistics were actually much better. Since August, they went down like a nose gear on a 747 in japan! I know a couple of local FAA members at my airport who have told me that they wont fly NWA nor put their own families on NWA.
How pathetic that is! Apparently you scabs just cant get the job done right! Like my little line says, SCABS ARE DESTINED TO FAIL! Just like NWA is failure bound

As usual. A lot of rhetoric and no substance.

Let's break this down.

In response to my assertion that the negative impacts of crossing a picket are very minor ("shunning" being the impact, as you said) in relation to the personal prosperity that can be gained be filling a vacated position, your reasoned reply is:

1) I shine shoes, so I must be accustomed to being shunned
not sure how this is relevant or even what it means, but let's continue on

2) NWA has made bad business decisions and likes to feast on babies
0 for 2 in the "relevant to the topic at hand" score

3) AMFA is still on strike, and NWA on-time is last
well at least it's in reference to something I said, so that's reassuring. Unfortunately, it's a little outdated, as NWA is number two in DOT on-time for 2006 out of the six majors. I guess you'll have to table that talking point for now, eh

4) Anyone working for NWA at this point is mentally challenged.
I thought you were in support of NWA workers, now you call them mentally challenged. That seems odd.

5) Hiring poeple is a sign that things are going badly.
Attrition is a very natural thing in "at-will" employment that you are so scared of. When one's income and status is not tied to a hire date, it gives employees much more freedom and leverage to move between employers and bargain on their skills.

Put away your slide rule Beavis, your torturing your pea brain with Scab Air logic worse than PlaytheCods does.

1. You shine the bosses shoes (aka bootlicker) with your tongue. Yes, I would say shunned and reviled to say the least.

2. Scab Air might feast on babies as you state, but they have definately feasted on their employees for years. If the truth hurts your management feelings, so sorry.

3. Scab Air is far from #2 on time out of 6. With all the incidents like blown main tires, collapsed nose gear, and others, its just not possible. Scab Air might feast on babies as you state, but they have definately feasted on their employees for years.

4. I support the striking AMFA mechanics, and those who stand with them. Unfortunately, it looks like the pilots will be forced to join them also, thanks to your management heros.

5. Scab Air stated in the press they were done hiring scabs. Is there a heavy turn over? Why? Scab Air is so "flawless" as Dougie likes to say. There is no bargaining with Scab Air management, if there was, you wouldn't have a on going strike and another possibly coming down the pipe.

Now return to your cube and bang your head on your particle board desk chanting; "I really am somebody", "I really am somebody".... "I really am somebody".... until you see stars. You will feel so much better. Dougie loves you.

:rolleyes: :lol: :blink:

Put away your slide rule Beavis, your torturing your pea brain with Scab Air logic worse than PlaytheCods does.

1. You shine the bosses shoes (aka bootlicker) with your tongue. Yes, I would say shunned and reviled to say the least.

2. Scab Air might feast on babies as you state, but they have definately feasted on their employees for years. If the truth hurts your management feelings, so sorry.

3. Scab Air is far from #2 on time out of 6. With all the incidents like blown main tires, collapsed nose gear, and others, its just not possible. Scab Air might feast on babies as you state, but they have definately feasted on their employees for years.

4. I support the striking AMFA mechanics, and those who stand with them. Unfortunately, it looks like the pilots will be forced to join them also, thanks to your management heros.

5. Scab Air stated in the press they were done hiring scabs. Is there a heavy turn over? Why? Scab Air is so "flawless" as Dougie likes to say. There is no bargaining with Scab Air management, if there was, you wouldn't have a on going strike and another possibly coming down the pipe.

Now return to your cube and bang your head on your particle board desk chanting; "I really am somebody", "I really am somebody".... "I really am somebody".... until you see stars. You will feel so much better. Dougie loves you.

So does the "S" in SJET mean "Scab" or "Steenland" ? :blink:

Hmm. That was the probably the weakest attempt at a response that I've seen in a while. So your retort is that:

1) NWA has feasted on employees for years
I'm not sure how offering employees a competitive wage and benefit in return for their willing service can be considered "feasting on" them. You might need to elaborate, and please provide comparitive data to other companies so we can see how much people should be compensated in order to not be classified as "feasters" in your book. Also, please let me know why all of those employees would allow themselves to be "feasted" upon for all those years rather than just getting a different job.

2) You don't believe NWA is #2, so it can't be the truth.
I guess you'll just have to wait for the DOT report to come out for your proof. Will that be enough proof, or are they in on some sort of conspiracy as well?

3) There is turnover in the mechanic ranks and it is hard to bargain with NWA in BK and it may lead to another strike.
As stated, attrition is not uncommon with at-will employees, and it is not a sign of anything other than good old-fashioned supply and demand. It appears that there are AMFA guys that are willing to backfill those vacated positions, which defers the need to revise pay scales for retention. Secondly, Yes, NWA is in a very strong bargaining position being on the edge of liquidation. AMFA failed to realize this strength of position, but I think the other work groups are a little better informed and will work with NWA to make this a profitable company.

4) Since you don't agree with my opinions, you presume that I must have very low self-esteem and I must hero-worship Doug Steenland.
You make yourself look very small when you lash out like that in the face of reasoned arguments that are contrary to your own. One might surmise that it is in fact you that has very low self-esteem, and you compensate for that by personally assaulting others in an effort to make you feel better about yourself.

Latest posts