AMFA Offer

Hypocrite? Me? Come on local, get with the program.

You guys like to say "The Real Mechanics", could you give me a definition of that as well? I am beginning to believe that it is a hypocritical statement.
PTO the history of your many post bashing the AMFA mechanics and Union's in general display your Hypocrisy when it comes to your work ethics!

"The Real Mechanics"

Upon my honor...I will hold in sacred trust the rights and privileges conferred upon me as a certified aviation mechanic. Knowing full well that the safety and lives of others are dependent upon my skill and judgement, I will never subject others to risks that I am not willing to assume.
I pledge never to undertake or approve work that I feel is beyond the limits of my knowledge, nor will I allow an unqualified person to persuade me to approve aircraft or equipment as airworthy against my better judgement. I will not be influenced by personal gain, nor shall I pass as airworthy, aircraft or equipment about which I am in doubt either as a result of my inspection or uncertainty regarding the ability of others who have worked on it to accomplish their work satisfactorily.

I realize the grave responsibility that is mine - to exercise my judgment on the airworthiness of aircraft and equipment. I pledge unyielding adherence to these precepts for the advancement of aviation and the dignity of my profession.

Hypocrite? Me? Come on local, get with the program.

By the way an AMFA Boy was terminated a few days ago and a Scab, they were unrelated incidents. It seems the Scab took a trip to Amsterdam, stayed a little to long and called in sick the day he flew back. ...

Eighteen years with the company and didn't know a damn thing. Turns out all he ever did was drive a push-back tug.

Anyone that flies after calling in sick deserves to get fired. I guess no one told him that one of mgmt's favorite hobbies is to look for your name on flight lists after you call in.

As for the other guy, every group has a few bad apples. This just proves how low NW had to scrape to staff it's MTX operation.

Rest assured, if scab scum like PlaytheCods sees someone he can snitch on... he will, as he thinks with his pea brain the boss man will cut him some special 'Cods deal.

'Cods is a management lovin' bootlicker, what a scab life....:ph34r:

Eighteen years with the company and didn't know a damn thing.

If your story is true about the person fired, it says alot about NWA managment! If this person was so bad how come he got back on the property? He had them fooled for 18 years? He should go into politics!!!

AP Tech:

At an airline, there are Management who have never been union and there is Management of union employees, who are union members who hold Management positions, ie. Foreman.

The latter types, who manage union people, would not "narc" on a union guy who can't find his butt with both hands.

For one reason, they are probably old drinking buddies and members of the same union "club".

For another reason, the Management guy probably wants to drive home that night on 4 inflated tires.

And if you really work for an airline, you know all of that as well as I do.

Well Jim in my years of experience with an airline, I have found that while its true that people go from the floor into managment, they happen to be the toughest foreman, as they know all the tricks! We have ex union members who have become foreman and above...and the majority are not liked, but respected by those on the floor. They would "narc" on a union member in a minute to climb the ladder!!

I can't tell you guys why this guy was hired back in or how he managed to keep his lack of knowledge of aircraft a secret. Maybe the guys that covered for him were his drinking buddies or maybe they couldn't pushback a plane themselves or simply hated it so much that they simply didn't want to do it. Thus they had a nice mutual arrangement that worked for everyone there, so management simply overlooked it or knew nothing of it at all. Who knows, who cares? This is an entirely new place to work and the guy simply couldn't cut it. No one "narced" on anyone that I am aware of. We try to go out in pairs here but it doesn't always work that way so when your alone and not able to perform the job management will find out soon enough on their own.

well PTO I cant even fathom why NWA would hire scabs like you who defintely dont have a clue about how to fix a dam plane. The former AMFA guy they hired then fired as you say they did knew more about fixin the plane than you do. you have only been at NWA since Aug and that former AMFA dude had 18 yrs. big diference

AP Tech:

At an airline, there are Management who have never been union and there is Management of union employees, who are union members who hold Management positions, ie. Foreman.

The latter types, who manage union people, would not "narc" on a union guy who can't find his butt with both hands.

For one reason, they are probably old drinking buddies and members of the same union "club".

For another reason, the Management guy probably wants to drive home that night on 4 inflated tires.

And if you really work for an airline, you know all of that as well as I do.

You've got to stop living in the 1970s, Jim. You really are out of touch with the reality of the airlines as it exists today and you prove it with every post.

AMFA – NWA Settlement Agreement Referendum
Eligible Voters 3055
Votes Cast 2223 (72.77%)
Accept 965 (43.41%)
Reject 1258 (56.59%)

I wouldn't exactly call this a landslide. I wonder how it would have tuned out if only the AMT's voted. Maybe AMFA should hold such a vote to see exactly where its AMT's stand.

AMFA – NWA Settlement Agreement Referendum
Eligible Voters 3055
Votes Cast 2223 (72.77%)
Accept 965 (43.41%)
Reject 1258 (56.59%)

I wouldn't exactly call this a landslide. I wonder how it would have tuned out if only the AMT's voted. Maybe AMFA should hold such a vote to see exactly where its AMT's stand.
PTO what difference does it make? The real Men have left SCAB airlines, only the weaklings have crossed who can do nothing but placard and send the junk on its way, you said so yourself its a JOKE remember?