AMFA Offer

...The real Men have left SCAB airlines, only the weaklings have crossed who can do nothing but placard and send the junk on its way...

Here we go again. Let me guess, the AMFA BOYS that were on strike were the real mechanics right? Now that they have crossed over from a strike that should have never happened they are suddenly the weak and ignorant ones that know nothing. Let me tell you who the weak ones are, they would be the ones still on strike following a defunct union.

Here we go again. Let me guess, the AMFA BOYS that were on strike were the real mechanics right? Now that they have crossed over from a strike that should have never happened they are suddenly the weak and ignorant ones that know nothing. Let me tell you who the weak ones are, they would be the ones still on strike following a defunct union.
AMFA has the most AMT's of any union, tell the AMFA members at Southwest Airlines who make over $40hr how defunct they are.

BTW, when are you scabs negotiating your next raise? Never is right... in fact, I'll wager that as Scab Air hemorrhages more millions this quarter, your scab pay cut (Thank's Neil!)is right around the corner. :lol: :lol: :lol:

AMFA has the most AMT's of any union, tell the AMFA members at Southwest Airlines who make over $40hr how defunct they are.

I very much agree with most here that Southwest is living on borrowed time with its fuel hedges. If fuel prices drop before the hedges run out then there will be no problems. If they remain the same or increase when the hedges go, then we will see what AMFA is capable of.

I very much agree with most here that Southwest is living on borrowed time with its fuel hedges. If fuel prices drop before the hedges run out then there will be no problems. If they remain the same or increase when the hedges go, then we will see what AMFA is capable of.

Just goes to show how truly myopic you are.

SWA has been profitable for over 33 years, If, and thats a big "IF", they would have a bad quarter or two, I seriously doubt they would suddenly resort to the draconian style/lack of management techniques that plague the rest of the industry.

SWA runs on a sound foundation. I'm quite sure their management team is hard at work finding( if they haven't found one already ) solutions to their near/long term fuel concerns.

SWA runs on a sound foundation. I'm quite sure their management team is hard at work finding( if they haven't found one already ) solutions to their near/long term fuel concerns.

I am sure they are, do keep in mind that there is only so much you can do until you have to look at labor. Especially when that is pretty much all you have to work with when you are already running a lean operation. In the event this does happen AMFA is going to have to concede to concessions. How is that going to look for AMFA who was built on the "No Concessions" idea? Or are we going to see NWA Scab action at all the airlines AMFA represents?

I am sure they are, do keep in mind that there is only so much you can do until you have to look at labor. Especially when that is pretty much all you have to work with when you are already running a lean operation. In the event this does happen AMFA is going to have to concede to concessions. How is that going to look for AMFA who was built on the "No Concessions" idea? Or are we going to see NWA Scab action at all the airlines AMFA represents?

AMFA would have to concede nothing. SWA is in the middle of a contract that has a few more YEARS to go. Then theres negotiations. The industry has already bottomed as far as wages. Both Alaska and Airtran just negotiated contracts with raises.

Don't confuse what airlines attempt to do with bankruptcy, as market force.

I thought NWA mgmt declared the strike over and everyone was replaced. If so, why are they offering any 'end' to the strike. Do they legally owe the union anything?

I must be missing a technicality. Thanks.

Back to the original topic:

NWA has an interest in ending this strike as the strike gives the other unions leverage. If contracts are imposed via 1113©, the company will argue in court the unions do not have a right to strike. Who knows how the judge will (would) rule on this issue. Regardless, the unions may still sympathy strike for AMFA at any time. This gives the NWA EMT an incentive to settle with AMFA. Just my thoughts.

Back to the original topic:

NWA has an interest in ending this strike as the strike gives the other unions leverage. If contracts are imposed via 1113©, the company will argue in court the unions do not have a right to strike. Who knows how the judge will (would) rule on this issue. Regardless, the unions may still sympathy strike for AMFA at any time. This gives the NWA EMT an incentive to settle with AMFA. Just my thoughts.

The strike also impedes NWA efforts to contract out certain work as needed. Case in point, NWA has been turned away by UAL twice now due to AMFAs UAL contract which contains a "NO-STRUCK WORK" clause.

Either way, there's a lot of "routine" maintenance *not* being done at NWA. Who new our new interior design scheme consisted of orange stickers and red and blue tape?

For the AMFA,

Know that men of good will support your efforts. While I can not agree with the strategy I am with you. I've turned down 2 training assignments that would have required me to fly NWA. I'm sorry I wish I could do more. Here are the words to a song. Perhaps it will cheer you in these dark days. Remember the struggles in the coal fileds last for years with striking miners living in tents and food contributions from others of good will. The author is Sarah Ogan Gunning.

Come on, friends, an' let's go down,
Let's go down, let's go down,
Come on, friends, an' let's go down,
Down on the picket line.
As we went down on the picket line
To keep the scabs out of the mine,
Who's goin' to win the strike,
Come on an' we'll show you the way.

We went out one mornin' before daylight,
An' I was sure we'd have a fight,
But the scabs us carely [cowardly?] ran away,
We went back the very next day.

...Only the true American who bleeds Red can grasp this!

**Moderator Note: Please refrain from quoting a lengthy post. It just makes it easier for everyone to read follow-on posts. Thank you.**