Strike Over

ICEMAN

Jan 24, 2006
http://www.startribune.com/1778/story/327311.html

You can't have it both ways, your either still on strike with on unemployment benefits or the strike is over with unemployment benefits. Did you vote on this?

Thornton cited a legal precedent set in a 1980s case. Hormel workers struck in August 1985, and by March 1986, the company had filled the jobs with replacement workers. The Minnesota Supreme Court ruled that the strikers did not qualify for unemployment benefits until the strike officially ended. In May 1986, the union's trustee made an unconditional offer to return to work.

This is the only unbiased article I have seen posted here from the Star Tribune. Why the sudden change from biased reporting? Even if the strike does end I do not think they should recieve unemployment benefits because in effect they quit their jobs. Why should the state pick-up the tab for blatant ignorance?

This is the only unbiased article I have seen posted here from the Star Tribune. Why the sudden change from biased reporting? Even if the strike does end I do not think they should recieve unemployment benefits because in effect they quit their jobs. Why should the state pick-up the tab for blatant ignorance?
You state that "they quit their jobs"....
I guess you have seen resignation letters from over 4,000 workers stating that "they" quit?

I stay committed....strike, strike, strike....

You state that "they quit their jobs"....
I guess you have seen resignation letters from over 4,000 workers stating that "they" quit?

I stay committed....strike, strike, strike....

groundcontrol, you don't get it you no longer have a choice. Your lawyers are making all the decision.

Northwest Airlines mechanics have been on strike for seven months, but in a carefully parsed argument Thursday before a Minnesota unemployment law judge, a union attorney said that the labor dispute is "no longer in active progress.

In questioning AMFA's refusal to permit the membership to vote on the various offers, the NW attorney said:

"You never gave them a choice," Thornton said to Mathews. "Thanks to the AMFA leadership, you ended up with zero" jobs.

Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark. B)

Well it will be very hard and very difficult for NWA and its crooked a** mgmt to exit CH11 because of the ongoing strike. I sure hope AMFA wont officially call it off cause of the attorney said they should. In fact AMFA ought to keep it up just so NWA cant exit CH11.
When will be a good time to fire all the scabs. after all they are no good anyways

Well it will be very hard and very difficult for NWA and its crooked a** mgmt to exit CH11 because of the ongoing strike. I sure hope AMFA wont officially call it off cause of the attorney said they should. In fact AMFA ought to keep it up just so NWA cant exit CH11.
When will be a good time to fire all the scabs. after all they are no good anyways

Well, once NW beats the pilots into submission, the way will be cleared for a takeover by AA. Of course the scabs will be let go, since AA has plenty of competent nonscab mechanics to maintain airplanes inhouse.

The pilots, FAs, agents and fleet/rampers can argue with the AA unions on integration - if they're lucky maybe they'll avoid the TWA-Staple treatment.

hopefully that will be the case but I hope that they wont eb stapled or treated the way the TW folks received. Good luck to all of the union folks at NWA

groundcontrol, you don't get it you no longer have a choice. Your lawyers are making all the decision.

Northwest Airlines mechanics have been on strike for seven months, but in a carefully parsed argument Thursday before a Minnesota unemployment law judge, a union attorney said that the labor dispute is "no longer in active progress.
Lawyers are making all the decisions? I think a vote was taken on the last Scab Air AMFA "contract proposal" and it was rejected. Finally the IAM believers that didn't cross (is there any?) in the first week got to have a vote, and it was no.

The strikers also voted to keep on striking Scab Air, did they not?

I guess AMFA could have been like the IAM and sell-out knowing 5000 are going out the door and they are cutting their own throat by being a "yes" voting coward. But hey, Booby DeScab is still making his $200,000+ a year salary no matter what happens to his beleagured membership. :down:

hopefully that will be the case but I hope that they wont eb stapled or treated the way the TW folks received. Good luck to all of the union folks at NWA
1. Only the TWA F/As and TWA agents were stapled (agents at AA are non-union anyway). About half of the TWA pilots were slotted in and the other half stapled. Mechanics, ramp and related went to binding arbitration where it was determined that those TWA people keep their full TWA seniority at their bases and get 25% at many others. This allowed them to displace many AA employees.

2. If an AA/NW deal were to happen, I don't think that the NWA people or their unions would waive their seniority.

I didn't say anything about resigning, I said they quit, as in walked off the job and never returned to work.
What the F**K do know SUPERscab. As a coward, you've never stood up for yourself in your miserable life.

You've been a scab for about 7 months, and your airline is on the brink of another strike, which will mean your back to your hole. If I were you, I'd would shut my large and ignorant scab pie hole, open my eyes, and retreat to the nearest corner of my worthless scab life. :ph34r:

What the F**K do know SUPERscab. As a coward, you've never stood up for yourself in your miserable life.

You've been a scab for about 7 months, and your airline is on the brink of another strike, which will mean your back to your hole. If I were you, I'd would shut my large and ignorant scab pie hole, open my eyes, and retreat to the nearest corner of my worthless scab life. :ph34r:

After 7 mos. as a SCAB at NW PTO is now such a "knowitall". What a laugh!

A liquidation might be more likely than a merger. The thought of taking the prime routes such as the Asia routes is a plus. AA probably isn't too excited about taking on a demoralized workforce. Employess are under concessions, working during a strike and how much training have the SCAB mechanics had? AA doesn't need this crap.

If a merger between AA/NW were to happen, which seniority is older--AA or NW? However I do doubt very seriously that NW would be in a merger with AA or with anyone for that matter.

It sure amazes me as to how PTO sure seems to know it all. PTO all I got to say is that those agents who are with AMFA did not quit. They went on strike and the strike is ongoing. what part of that do you not understand????