AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
No union appoints reps before it is time. The process is usually to charter a local then have an election. At the iam we did this in a matter of 30 day notice then an election. Total i think was 45 days and it didnt involve any appointment. I imagine amfa will probably charter at least some new locals. Im not familiar with their structure so maybe you get absorbed into existing locals?
But why do you assume appointments?

When AMFA won at UAL, organizing members took on transitional positions until local charters & elections could take place. We held elections within the first 2-3 months in most cases, and appointments only took place when no one ran. *note* we did have 2 specialty positions that were always appointed but the appointment required membership approval - these were for MSAP ERC and EAP positions

How many cards has AMFA received? I emailed AMFA and no response yet. Has anyone heard from AMFA?
Amfa will not get involved until there are enough cards to file. The cards are not kept by amfa they are kept by the grass roots organizing committee. Emailing amfa at this time would be futile

I believe we have enough cards. I can't wait for the day we file with the nmb and send shivers up the association.
When you say that we have enough cards are you talking about your station ?, because this is a system wide card drive which includes the LUS guy's as well. For you to be saying here we have the cards when I know that you have no clue how many cards have been signed system wide is NOT a good thing. Putting out false information will not help our card drive.

I believe we have enough cards. I can't wait for the day we file with the nmb and send shivers up the association.
Ok, stop trolling for self serving information. We have a process that has been in place on every card drive. There are organizers who are the lead guys at every station or area. I suggest you contact them and get your information. Keep making posts like this and you will be suspected of being a union troll.
When it's time to file everyone will know including the association, union trolls, AMFA and the entire membership. You want to help? Go and get cards signed. Contact anyone you know at other stations and see if they signed cards. Get involved, get cards signed and get rid of the association.

Reactions: Vortilon
Well it's almost the year 2020. Here is my take. Again this is my opinion based on past experience with the TWU. In January a proposal will be out to vote on. The association will say this is it and it's the best we can get based on economic and competitive reasons. If we vote it down it will be a while before another one comes around. Reason will be that the pilots will start negotiations in January and then the flight attendants in May. The association will say take this because it may be several months down the road in 2020 to vote on another contract and/or the threat coming from Sito of Binding Arbitration. This of course will be the pressure coming from the current card drive in hope's that having a contract will suppress the drive. Contract or no contract the real goal is to get rid of the association and continue to sign cards until it's done. We can't afford to have a ramper like Alex Garcia and a loud mouth uneducated thug from NYC who works for the MTA calling our shots and determine our futures in our career. We need to take control of our negotiations and profession. The closer we get to that goal of 50% or more cards signed the more threats and intimidation will surface. They will be the same lies we heard year after year. Ignore them. The flight attendants dumped the TWU and so did the dispatchers. I haven't heard of a card drive from those groups wanting to go back to the TWU. Why should we continue to stay with the TWU. Sign a card, spread the word and reach out to other stations.

Happy New Year to all and may AMFA be our New year's resolution.

877F28D2-91AE-40DB-AE5A-2178BF39E049.jpeg

Here is a visual reference. 30 days ago today the printed cards were picked up and system distribution began. These are the cards signed, returned to PO Box, and have been sorted, data entered, and stored alphabetical per NMB requirements for filing. This an absolute amazing and enthusiastic response to the drive beginning. Remember another 3000 cards just left for the system this week! Thank Each and Every Person Making this SUCCESSFUL!!

View attachment 14974

Here is a visual reference. 30 days ago today the printed cards were picked up and system distribution began. These are the cards signed, returned to PO Box, and have been sorted, data entered, and stored alphabetical per NMB requirements for filing. This an absolute amazing and enthusiastic response to the drive beginning. Remember another 3000 cards just left for the system this week! Thank Each and Every Person Making this SUCCESSFUL!!
Thanks for the update. I bet the association cronies are micro examining the photo you posted and are trying to figure out how many you have already. Make them guess all the way to the NMB filing.

When you say that we have enough cards are you talking about your station ?, because this is a system wide card drive which includes the LUS guy's as well. For you to be saying here we have the cards when I know that you have no clue how many cards have been signed system wide is NOT a good thing. Putting out false information will not help our card drive.

Ok, stop trolling for self serving information. We have a process that has been in place on every card drive. There are organizers who are the lead guys at every station or area. I suggest you contact them and get your information. Keep making posts like this and you will be suspected of being a union troll.
When it's time to file everyone will know including the association, union trolls, AMFA and the entire membership. You want to help? Go and get cards signed. Contact anyone you know at other stations and see if they signed cards. Get involved, get cards signed and get rid of the association.

I took his comment to be more of an "I believe we're gonna do it this time" sort of post. Not sure how you guys concluded he was trolling. Are you inferring that his post was meant to deter people from signing cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.