AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
i left out the AMTs for a reason. different title groups..including facility maint/ramp shop (auto). we all knew that AMTs would get southwest +1%.

as far as stores, fleet can transfer to stores. i'm not sure if this fits your definition of 'class and craft' if fleet is involved in anything. for years they earned $1/hr more than fleet. in recent years, i know they feared getting contracted out.

as it turned out - stores did fantastic, compared to fleet. in fact, everyone did better than fleet, except laa fleet. to be honest, if i'm stores, i would never sign a card. there's always a danger that amfa could get AMTs another $3/hr if stores got contracted out.

if i'm a parts driver for napa or sam's auto parts, i'd unionize and get the twu. time to go to work and laugh about all this stuff - i'm sure an AMT will post their DOS and subsequent raises. if not, i'll have time tomorrow.

i'm not against stores, i'm against fleet getting fu(ked. just comparing the numbers. no vote from me.
Southwest +1%? What happened to SWA + 3%? What happened to "matching SWA rates? Now the info comes out, as I said before, welcome to AIP-T/A day...

SWAMT, To me and guys I have talked to it still seems we have two different contracts with in the same title group. LUS & LAA maintenance & Related. It appears the IAM, the smaller of the two Unions here at AA,did a better job than the TWU in representing its members. It is just another reason the TWU needs to GO...

I agree at this point. And why is that? Why is it all geared around the fuking IAM? Favors the IAM side?? This is freakin pathetic. Still two different contracts, how long do you guys really want to live with that???

Crema, Just so that you will know, stores men/women Don't get to sign a AMFA card they are NOT in our class and craft. It's just for that reason we the Mechanics want our own Class & Craft group. Having our own Bargaining Unit like the Pilots and F/A is better for US.

Nothing against the other Groups.

copy. i thought i had read others tell stores to hop on the amfa bandwagon too.

Southwest +1%? What happened to SWA + 3%? What happened to "matching SWA rates? Now the info comes out, as I said before, welcome to AIP-T/A day...

i don't know. i'm not an AMT. if you told me what southwest's current rate is, then i can figure out if the AMTs got southwest +3% or southwest +1% or southwest +0%. i had heard about the company holding firm on 6 weeks vc for AMTs getting southwest + 1%.

fleet service didn't even get dl+1%, let alone dl+3%. united will pass us up this december.

united won't pass up stores, though.

You must realize that we have a Fleet Service group that outnumbers our Mechanics approximately 3-1.

Nelson was right. Man twu was maliciously played by all. Nelson told us all what was going on. 5 years of wanting n us to hate twu, lost revenue of blue collar people, surprised Texas let it go on, man when the head of a organized plays against the people he represents, it appears and malicious. I'm a yes because it only gets worse for all of us, there's no accounting from the top of labor. Dangerous and malicious game played on good hardworking people.

Whether you vote yes or no on the TA/AIP , it is painfully apparent that the Association is a failure. It is not a surprise. Two unions representing one workforce does not work for the membership. Asinine concept from the word go shoved down our throats.

And the AMT's at LAA can fix this abortion they were forced into if they're smart enough to sign a card.

C'mon LAA AMT's get it done.

You must realize that we have a Fleet Service group that outnumbers our Mechanics approximately 3-1.

Buck, I want to first off say that I am NOT putting Down any work group, everyone is entitled to earn a living wage. But if your number is correct that is WHY the Maintenance & Related employees needs to separate from the TWU & Association. The TWU has only been interested in the dues it collects. Never the membership. They took care of Tulsa since they had the numbers yrs ago which caused a RIF between the Base & Line. They drove a wedge between the Title 1 & 2 mechanics over the AMFA issue and representation.. Now with this T/A they have allowed the IAM to get its way, since it appears we still have 2 contracts, 2 Unions, different benefits, for same work groups. How can this be a JCBA with that? I will bet the Union guys will come around and try to explain how it works and that it was the best for all the parties involved. M&R should have its own pie, represented by a Craft Union which represents THEM and Them alone. Then each Union on the property needs to respect the other when it comes to the employees. Then it will be up to the TWU, IAM, AMFA, Pilots union, F/A union to bargain with the company to get the best deal for its members.

It's Time to hold the TWU/IAM Association accountable for its failures and remove them, as the bargaining Unit for M&R. For All the members of the M&R group who were waiting for this T/A you should now see that it's TIME TO SIGN A CARD.

And the AMT's at LAA can fix this abortion they were forced into if they're smart enough to sign a card.

C'mon LAA AMT's get it done.

ROGALLO, It's Not ONLY the LAA M&R group the LUS M&R group is part of this as well. And not only AMTs either, the Plant Maint. GSE, Facilities, maintenance Planners, those designated part of the M&R by the NMB need to sign the AMFA Cards.

Last edited:
ROGALLO, It's Not ONLY the LAA M&R group the LUS M&R group is part of this as well. And not only AMTs either, the Plant Maint. GSE, Facilities, maintenance Planners, those designated part of the M&R by the NMB need to sign the AMFA Cards.

I know who is in M&R and I know you are campaigning for votes. How is the drive going?

Any numbers you care to provide the membership?

I know who is in M&R and I know you are campaigning for votes. How is the drive going?

Any numbers you care to provide the membership?

Rogallo, I am NOT on a campaign for votes, I am trying to get AMFA Cards signed which are just a Petition to the NMB on the Behalf of AMFA to hold an election and let the members of M&R vote for the bargaining Unit they want to represent them. "YES" I prefer AMFA over the rest due to 3 factors.

1. M&R only group represented
2. Ability to remove Union leadership for Not Looking out for the best interest of membership
3. Ability to sit as an observer in Negotiations

Ballpark numbers you can get at AMFA-AA.com, specific numbers, that changes every day as cards are being sent to our PO Box. Until the cards are put into the database that the AMFA Organizers have they are not counted as gotten cards. So as they sit on the table waiting to be inputed the numbers change as fast as you send the cards in.

The drive is just 9 weeks in and we are doing very well and with the disparity of this JCBA I would hope that it gets Better.

To all of the M&R employees of the Association. Besides the AMFA-AA.com web site there are many WHATSAPP chats throughout the system you can get involved in. You may see some guys who are voicing their own opinion as to our situation, that in NO WAY is the Opinion of the AMFA Organizers here.

Lots of information that guys have has been posted there as well. So find a person at your station who has the link ask him to give it to you are add your phone number to it. You will have to have the WHATSAPP application on your phone or laptop. Download that for free.

If you want to read more about AMFA itself go to the AMFA National website, read whats there, select a local and an officer email them with your questions and concerns. You will find that what the AMFA Organizers have been saying is TRUE.

With the new information YOU have gathered I Hope that you will find a card and sign it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts