AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see they're using a third party. Much harder to accidentally lose ballots this way, but hopefully they manage to actually keep the balloting secret.

Yes, it is good to see them use BallotPoint. A very well respected 3rd party voting entity. We've been using them since almost day one of AMFA taking over here. And BallotPoint will release the results the very same day the voting is concluded. Good choice in using BallotPoint. No matter the size, big or small the vote is, BallotPoint will keep all voters info safe.
Hopefully BallotPoint will get a second vote process shortly after this contract one for the AMFA representation at AA. Can't wait for that announcement that is for sure. Also hoping for a big turn out for ya all.

Well, that's not 100% true, Buck....

I've come here for more than 17 years for one reason only: to see the TWU finally suffer the pain of losing members and dues. They even tried to get me fired back in 2003 for supporting guys like you and Dave, which clearly didn't work...

I don't believe I ever remember you as someone that complained?

After the T/A is ratified I am hoping that all of the M&R employees who said they would sign AMFA Cards will keep your word.

Also for all the TWU reps who said I support what you are doing and as soon as we ratify this new contract I will sign a card and even help rid AA of this Association, We will see if your word means anything.

It's time for this association to be GONE, time to re-boot AA start a new.

After the T/A is ratified I am hoping that all of the M&R employees who said they would sign AMFA Cards will keep your word.

Also for all the TWU reps who said I support what you are doing and as soon as we ratify this new contract I will sign a card and even help rid AA of this Association, We will see if your word means anything.

It's time for this association to be GONE, time to re-boot AA start a new.
I think this whole process with the formation of the Association with the IAM/TWU allowing this to happen reeked from the very beginning and I also believe that the TWU showed their true colors in not standing up for their members with certain aspects of this contract. Then there's Samuelson! Need I say more! From what I hear, United Airlines Maint.& Related are none too pleased with the Teamsters and are clearly watching what happens with AA. Couple that with a conversation I had with a Chief Pilot, the faster we can get "Our" own union in the better.......We need to make this happen, just as AMFA in Miami says. WAKE UP!

I think this whole process with the formation of the Association with the IAM/TWU allowing this to happen reeked from the very beginning and I also believe that the TWU showed their true colors in not standing up for their members with certain aspects of this contract. Then there's Samuelson! Need I say more! From what I hear, United Airlines Maint.& Related are none too pleased with the Teamsters and are clearly watching what happens with AA. Couple that with a conversation I had with a Chief Pilot, the faster we can get "Our" own union in the better.......We need to make this happen, just as AMFA in Miami says. WAKE UP!
Yes, the United mechs are watching as well as Spirit mechs. Once AA pulls the trigger, United and Spirit will follow IMO. Spirit is already doing a card drive. So far I have only heard of "talk" as far as United is concerned, but like you said, they are waiting to see what AA mechs end up doing. If AA brings in AMFA United will do the same as well as Spirit. Spirit used the Horizon mechs coming into AMFA as their trigger to start their card drive. I was wondering who might file first, Spirit or AA mechs. So let the races begin. On your mark, get set, Goooooooo!!! :)

Yes, the United mechs are watching as well as Spirit mechs. Once AA pulls the trigger, United and Spirit will follow IMO. Spirit is already doing a card drive. So far I have only heard of "talk" as far as United is concerned, but like you said, they are waiting to see what AA mechs end up doing. If AA brings in AMFA United will do the same as well as Spirit. Spirit used the Horizon mechs coming into AMFA as their trigger to start their card drive. I was wondering who might file first, Spirit or AA mechs. So let the races begin. On your mark, get set, Goooooooo!!! :)
Let's not forget ......The Association/IAM adding a codicil to the TA that cancels the IAM medical if IAM members vote in AMFA and they go to the AA plan..... How does the IAM membership feel about that?

Last edited:
Let's not forget ......The Association/IAM adding a codicil to the TA that cancels the IAM medical if IAM members vote in AMFA and they go to the AA plan..... How does the IAM membership feel about that?

Show us where that "codicil" is.

Show us where that "codicil" is.
upload_2020-3-26_14-35-30.jpeg

Reactions: Paul Too
Status
Not open for further replies.