AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now they get to vote the TWU way. Electronically.

And they seem a bit confused!
Should have been done like this from the get go.
My Lord, it takes a "Global Crisis" for them to have a vote done the way it should have been done.

Now they get to vote the TWU way. Electronically.

And they seem a bit confused!

A quote from the Association letter,

"Due to worsening circumstances surrounding the Coronavirus crisis in the United States, the TWU/IAM Association leadership has been working on an alternate method, in the voting procedures, for the ratification of the tentative Joint Collective Bargaining Agreements with American Airlines. This exception to the normal voting process will convert the process from paper, in-person ballots, to allow for individual electronic voting by internet."

This was obviously written by an IAM author. For the MAJORITY of the voters, electronic is "the normal voting process". The text is very revealing as to who is running this clown show.

A quote from the Association letter,

"Due to worsening circumstances surrounding the Coronavirus crisis in the United States, the TWU/IAM Association leadership has been working on an alternate method, in the voting procedures, for the ratification of the tentative Joint Collective Bargaining Agreements with American Airlines. This exception to the normal voting process will convert the process from paper, in-person ballots, to allow for individual electronic voting by internet."

This was obviously written by an IAM author. For the MAJORITY of the voters, electronic is "the normal voting process". The text is very revealing as to who is running this clown show.
Yup. Sito had no choice or he never would have done it.

Finally a force greater than the corrupted association, the Corona Virus.

Are you sure? ;)

It is PATHETIC how a major global crisis caused this asso to revert over to doing a voting system the way it should have been done in the first place. Just speaks volumes how they will continue to do their agendas in the future, IF they are still here.

Next week we get to vote on this T/A, and when it is Ratified there are alot of you who said that you would sign AMFA cards, I hope that all of you are men/women of your word. The contract will be in place, negotiations will be over, no disruption, no do overs, so for the M&R members both title 1 & 2 it will be time to sign a card and give us a vote for the bargaining unit that will represent us going forward.

We will also see if the company will attempt to take back what's in our new deal and we will also see if the Association balks about it, or folds like they have in the past at LAA & LUS.

AMFA National will soon be checking our card status and will soon join our campaign to bring AMFA here to AA, lets do our part to make sure that Happens.

SIGN AN AMFA CARD....

Just pondering the thought that if the JCBA passes we are suppose to get a signing bonus $3,000 to $6,000 depending on title group. That signing bonus was not in the JCBA. It was agreed upon outside of the JCBA. Now with the financial crises and the airlines asking for govermental financial assistance do you think it will look good in the eyes of the taxpayers that American is handing out signing bonuses?
Company was smart not to include it in the JCBA. Our agreement will pass and the signing bonus will be up in the air. Nothing is automatic and assumable. Let's see what happens but I personally will not be surprised if American will hold back , reduce or eliminate the signing bonus.

3 days and counting for the vote to start.
Good luck fellas.

Quick question for you organizers of this card drive;
Is AMFA collecting any of the cards since they are also provided on their National website? In other words if someone went to the National site, filled out the AMFA card, and clicked send, do some goto AMFA National?

God forbid if AA would pull the FM trigger, but, if they did wouldn't the mech and related want a C&C union watching over the reorg. of the contract seniority issues? Remember all the fiascos and illegal moves the TWU did last time in DFW as well as AFW and Tulsa shops. Saving the two union officers arses over the proper way to do it and they screwed at least two other members. No telling what else they did NOT by the book. Just thinking out loud about a possible future move by the co. Just another reason to get the rest of the cards signed right after contract vote in case it does end up getting worse as we go, think about it guys...

Good luck fellas.

Is AMFA collecting any of the cards since they are also provided on their National website? In other words if someone went to the National site, filled out the AMFA card, and clicked send, do some goto AMFA National?

God forbid if AA would pull the FM trigger, but, if they did wouldn't the mech and related want a C&C union watching over the reorg. of the contract seniority issues? Remember all the fiascos and illegal moves the TWU did last time in DFW as well as AFW and Tulsa shops. Saving the two union officers arses over the proper way to do it and they screwed at least two other members. No telling what else they did NOT by the book. Just thinking out loud about a possible future move by the co. Just another reason to get the rest of the cards signed right after contract vote in case it does end up getting worse as we go, think about it guys...
Wednesday the 25th starts the voting and I still did not get my PIN for voting. Been checking my company email daily. Snail mail is not reliable in short time since it was announced. I see a potential repeat problem that we had in the 2003 concessions where many never received their PIN in time to vote. Mostly it was the crew chiefs.

Wednesday the 25th starts the voting and I still did not get my PIN for voting. Been checking my company email daily. Snail mail is not reliable in short time since it was announced. I see a potential repeat problem that we had in the 2003 concessions where many never received their PIN in time to vote. Mostly it was the crew chiefs.
To be fair the announcement did say the email would be sent on Wednesday

Good luck fellas.

Is AMFA collecting any of the cards since they are also provided on their National website? In other words if someone went to the National site, filled out the AMFA card, and clicked send, do some goto AMFA National? ...

SWAMT; To answer your question "YES" we have someone checking with AMFANatl. to see if cards are being signed or sent there.

Status
Not open for further replies.