AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was slightly bored this morning so I went on an NMB research. Found that investigator Bautist is assigned to the AA'ers request for an election. Also found Bautist was assigned to the IAM request at a cargo carrier and it was dismissed by the investigator, case number R-7553. Couldn't find the reasons why it was dismissed. Also found out some more interesting findings. Also saw some investigations (by a different investigator) that was still pending as far back as Aug 2020. Just wondering if the AA'ers will be waiting that long too? That case is staring at 4 months with no decision as of yet. I sure hope you guys are not waiting that long, but it would be nice to get around the holidays in order to have everyone back at work and easier to be voting should an election come thru. I'm now thinking that this may go on a bit longer and maybe into 2021 even. Any thoughts or comments???

AIM and SWAAMT you keep trying to make it seem as if I am a plant. I have stated MANY times that I am for having a all mechanic union. Also have stated that IF Amfa gets a elections, That I would vote for AMFA over the IAM/TWU.
I just dont believe the NMB will let that happened. Its a fixed system that AMFA dont understand how it works. I dont know why you dont understand what I am saying. Just look back at history. I you get a elections I will be the 1st to say I was WRONG. If you dont get one. Will you come on hear and admit that I WAS RIGHT. Or will you do as before and blame everyone one but yourself.
As far as your statement about how much I have lost. I would be more than willing to compare W2 with either of you for all the years worked. I bet you wont do it because you will see that YOU lost a lot more than me over the same years. Put up or shut up. Or keep attacking me because I am stating FACTS

OAM;

I never said that you were a plant or attacked you at ALL, You believe the NMB is corrupt and we won't get an vote. You may be right we will see.

It does not matter to me who you VOTE for just as long as you VOTE when the time comes, since historically the membership doesn't do that specially in MIA.

My comment as far as lost Money and everything else that we all get during our employment was just to get you to think about what the TWU has given up over all these years where other unions did not accept concessions. But you did not get my point. I can say I made more than you while I was at Eastern, Also 4X as much when I was at Air America, while at MGM Grand I know I made more than you, I am going on the rates of pay that AA was paying during those years. I spent 22 yrs at AA so we made the same. So I don't need to compare W2 with you.

If there is NO vote then sure I will say you were right I have no problem. If AMFA is NOT voted in here at AA then that is the memberships choice and I will have wasted all these years trying to rid AA of the TWU. But whatever happens I can hold my head up because I stayed with it trying to get a Vote for representation.

OAM;

I never said that you were a plant or attacked you at ALL, You believe the NMB is corrupt and we won't get an vote. You may be right we will see.

It does not matter to me who you VOTE for just as long as you VOTE when the time comes, since historically the membership doesn't do that specially in MIA.

My comment as far as lost Money and everything else that we all get during our employment was just to get you to think about what the TWU has given up over all these years where other unions did not accept concessions. But you did not get my point. I can say I made more than you while I was at Eastern, Also 4X as much when I was at Air America, while at MGM Grand I know I made more than you, I am going on the rates of pay that AA was paying during those years. I spent 22 yrs at AA so we made the same. So I don't need to compare W2 with you.

If there is NO vote then sure I will say you were right I have no problem. If AMFA is NOT voted in here at AA then that is the memberships choice and I will have wasted all these years trying to rid AA of the TWU. But whatever happens I can hold my head up because I stayed with it trying to get a Vote for representation.
Unknown.jpg

I see that AMFA has filed a request with the NMB to kill the poison pill in the contract regarding the "LUS" medical. We will have to see if anything comes of it. I am not sure anything will, but it's at least something. That paragraph should never had been in the contract in the first place.

Reactions: AMFAinMIAMI
I see that AMFA has filed a request with the NMB to kill the poison pill in the contract regarding the "LUS" medical. We will have to see if anything comes of it. I am not sure anything will, but it's at least something. That paragraph should never had been in the contract in the first place.
How can AMFA file for anything pertaining to articles in our contract since AMFA is not our representative? The Association has the legal right to do that and I doubt the IAM will try to change that.

Well AMFA had their law firm, file the request to invalidate that portion of the contract. Like I said, we will see if anything actually comes of it, and its really only pertinent if a vote happens and if AMFA wins said vote. A lot of if's have to happen still.

How can AMFA file for anything pertaining to articles in our contract since AMFA is not our representative? The Association has the legal right to do that and I doubt the IAM will try to change that.

1AA;

Non of us here are in the legal profession, so what we say here hold no value in a court of law, reading the letter AMFA filed states that it is illegal for the company or employee representative to attempt to influence by coercion in anyway the collection of cards or outcome of an election, per the RLA.

If and when the NMB does rule if we are to get an election one way or the other it should be straight forward on the number of cards filed and the legitimate signatures supplied by the company and AMFA. If the LUS M&R employees are in any way being influenced by this language either to NOT VOTE or to Vote against the change of representation due to the language that is in the current CBA it's a Violation.

So I am assuming that the Seham legal firm felt that the outcome of a fair election for the M&R workgroup was being adversely affected.
As with most legal arguments lawyers provide past cases and ruling to support the case they are attempting to to bring to light & show cause for this letter.

That is my take as to how they can file this letter.

We all know that the medical that the LUS guys have is different than ours, that has been a sore subject with many here on the LAA side. It was also a Big ticket item for the LUS guys during the negotiations of this CBA. Since the card drive started in Nov. 2019 and we didn't get a contract until 2020 it was probably added by the IAM/TWU Association to protect itself from the employees exercising their rights to change representation.

Something else we all know that these Unions are a business and with that comes money and influence. If AMFA replaces the ASSociation here at AA the TWU/IAM will lose the last M&R workgroup they represent in the airline industry. So it will just be another failure on their part. So the mud slinging and fight in the legal realm begins.

Last edited:
Yes they did. Something should become of it as it was illegal for both parties to agree to it. I remember when that statement was arranged and installed at the table during nego's and it did come after the start of the AMFA card collection, therefore, it is a tool trying to be used against the members if they were to vote for new representation.

AMFA has that right because that language was nego and put into the new contract after the Card Collection started for AMFA and is interfering with the employees wishes for a change in representation.

Well AMFA had their law firm, file the request to invalidate that portion of the contract. Like I said, we will see if anything actually comes of it, and its really only pertinent if a vote happens and if AMFA wins said vote. A lot of if's have to happen still.
If it is found to be interfering and illegal then i think AMFA has the right to request for a re-run election if found to be interfering, notice the AMFA's Lawyers language they installed for CYA for a re-run election, that was smart in case said election gets started and nothing was done about this being a threat to the members of losing benefits solely on the change of representational union.

Here's the link to the 4 page filing: Source is from [email protected]:

IAM Threatens Members Healthcare — AMFA Protects Members Healthcare
AMFA’s Initial Position Statement (230 downloads)

1AA;

Non of us here are in the legal profession, so what we say here hold no value in a court of law, reading the letter AMFA filed states that it is illegal for the company or employee representative to attempt to influence by coercion in anyway the collection of cards or outcome of an election, per the RLA.

If and when the NMB does rule if we are to get an election one way or the other it should be straight forward on the number of cards filed and the legitimate signatures supplied by the company and AMFA. If the LUS M&R employees are in any way being influenced by this language either to NOT VOTE or to Vote against the change of representation due to the language that is in the current CBA it's a Violation.

So I am assuming that the Seham legal firm felt that the outcome of a fair election for the M&R workgroup was being adversely affected.
As with most legal arguments lawyers provide past cases and ruling to support the case they are attempting to to bring to light & show cause for this letter.

That is my take as to how they can file this letter.

We all know that the medical that the LUS guys have is different than ours, that has been a sore subject with many here on the LAA side. It was also a Big ticket item for the LUS guys during the negotiations of this CBA. Since the card drive started in Nov. 2019 and we didn't get a contract until 2020 it was probably added by the IAM/TWU Association to protect itself from the employees exercising their rights to change representation.

Something else we all know that these Unions are a business and with that comes money and influence. If AMFA replaces the ASSociation here at AA the TWU/IAM will lose the last M&R workgroup they represent in the airline industry. So it will just be another failure on their part. So the mud slinging and fight in the legal realm begins.
I too must agree that we are not in the legal profession and only have opinions after reading the filing by AMFA. But I also don't think AMFA would waste their time with it if it wasn't needed or intended to influence or interfere with the card collection and/or the election process itself. It is very clear that language was put in there AFTER the card collection started as the contract came in March 2020.
It's great to see AMFA already going to bat for the mechanic and related at AA. This filing was needed prior to the start of any election that might get approved by the NMB. This way it will be very clear that AA nor the asso can use any intimidation to the employees over benefits lost just because they voted for a different union representation. Hopefully the NMB will react and ask AA to stand neutral during any election process for new representation as well as instructing the TWU/IAM/Asso. to also stand neutral and not to interfere. The perfect way to start a fair election process. We await the NMB's answer to Seham's filing...

Looks like we have a new association troll, lies and more lies to save there worthless skins.

Looks like we have a new association troll, lies and more lies to save there worthless skins.

TD is actually wanting more AMFA info prior to him voting. He has been in touch with AMFA National Officers as well as myself and other Organizers to ask questions and gather facts prior to him making a decision on how to vote should the NMB approve a vote going forward. He is part of the "and Related" groups and is fact checking the TWU/IAM/Asso. as well as what the AMFA Organizers and AMFA National. He's smart, he's doing his own homework and not just believing everything he is told, and that includes whatever we tell him here on these forums. I can tell you from his questions alone he is genuine and not looking to stir anything. After gathering his info from his searches he will be able to counter any BS that flies his way at work when they try and tell him stories and set them straight from either side. Powerful knowledge to have when such a huge vote is possibly coming up at AA.

Show, so AMFA's attorney's did not send in a file requesting to void the poison pill regarding the LUS medical to the NMB? Is that why I am a troll?

To me it seems more of a request for action by the NMB to assure there are no benefit changes if someone votes for different representation. I'm in hopes of the NMB taking action with AA and the Asso. so that no one will feel intimidated for voting the way they really want to vote. If they are convinced by the NMB that no loss in benefits will happen I am sure it will draw many more votes over to support AMFA representation. A smart move by Seham & AMFA prior to any election getting started.
Now with all that said will the NMB ask or force AA and Asso to remove said language if it's found to be illegal? Not sure how to answer that question, maybe it will be one of the changes that AMFA will try to fix.

BTW Thunderdome; Did AMFA National get you the answers you were looking for? I think our last convo was that you were gonna contact them with questions, so just curious how that went. If ya don't want to type publically you can PM me if ya like

Reactions: AMFAinMIAMI
Every time someone comes on this BB and either dont agree with everything that is being said. The 1st thing you guys do is call them a Troll. Its sad that you dont see that as a problem. So what like Fake News. You guys need to look into the mirror and ask yourself a very serious question. WHAT MAKES YOUR OPINION THE ONLY RIGHT ONE. Or make this a private board and only allow people that agree with you on here.
Attack Attack Attack. No wonder you all think Trump is Smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.