Steenland said just watch me try.
They said Lorenzo tried and failed
Steenland said but not I.
AMFA said it is impossible
Doug said there is no such word
He closed his mind and closed his ears to everything he heard

Steenland said within replacements hands there is a tiny seed
It grows until it blossoms its called the will to succeed
Its roots are strength, its stem is hope , its petals inspiration, its thorns protect its strong green leaves with grim determination its stamen is their many skills which helped to shape our plan. For there is nothing in the universe beyond these worthy men.

AMFA thought that it could not be done.
Some even said they knew it.
But we faced up to what they said could not be done
AND PROVED THAT WE COULD DO IT!! :up:

After all that AMFA has said to date members are crossing the lines, welcome back now your scabs like us working to heal this airline.

Opus said:
AMFA said that it could not be done.

Its roots are strength, its stem is hope , its petals inspiration, its thorns protect its strong green leaves with grim determination its stamen is their many skills which helped to shape our plan. For there is nothing in the universe beyond these worthy men.

After all that AMFA has said to date members are crossing the lines, welcome back now your scabs like us working to heal this airline.
[post="303704"][/post]​

Opie,

What a crock!!

ScabBoys_092105.jpg

Can you count?

-BigE

local 12 proud said:
Hey dOpus did the little misses write that for ya?
[post="303718"][/post]​

No, I just remembered an old Benny Hill poem and made some appropriate modifications.

:p

Opus said:

[post="303704"][/post]​

It took a while but EAL did fail.

Welcome back Opus. You have to excuse these guys they are delusional for they know we will be in there home towns soon. It seems as if Northwest is going for broke on this one. I'm sure other companies already have their bean counters and lawyers working on their own projects.

Opus said:

[post="303704"][/post]​
You can't heal a cancer like this team of management. You have to cut it out, get rid of it. As long as this current collection of greeedy theives is still at the helm of NW there is no cure. You scabs are no different than this dirtbag management team. Why don't you guys fight for a worthy cause like helping to get rid of this cancer rather than contributing to it. You guys say you dislike management as much as us union guys but yet you're a part of their plan to destroy this industry and the people working in it.

I'm certain that you are correct in that analogy. I am not at all impressed with the management skills at Northwest but then there are very few places that I have been where I was. The problem though is that you think that AMFA is the solution and it is not I assure you. I am new at this but I have yet to see a union or hear of one that isn't as twisted as the management.

PlayTheOdds said:
I'm certain that you are correct in that analogy. I am not at all impressed with the management skills at Northwest but then there are very few places that I have been where I was. The problem though is that you think that AMFA is the solution and it is not I assure you. I am new at this but I have yet to see a union or hear of one that isn't as twisted as the management.
[post="303994"][/post]​
But being from the other side of the fence-(working class/ not management).Why take part in destroying what these unions-(twisted or not) have achieved? I realize you have issues with the unions, but do these issues take precedence over what management is doing to the working class that YOU are a part of?

For whatever reasons, the unions of today don't seem to have the power that they did years ago, however I still believe they are needed. I can just imagine what the company would have already done to the other employee groups if there were no unions.

I don't necessarily beleive in AMFA's philosophy or that they are the solution. But I do have to commend them for taking a stand against this management team and standing up for themselves. I also don't beleive that the IAM is any better than any other union out there or vice versa. However, this is the union that I agreed to join 19 years ago and up until now have done no worse than any other union out there.

PlayTheOdds said:
Welcome back Opus. You have to excuse these guys they are delusional for they know we will be in there home towns soon. It seems as if Northwest is going for broke on this one. I'm sure other companies already have their bean counters and lawyers working on their own projects.
[post="303951"][/post]​

Thank you PTO, got my offer today the wife and I are discussing it. Heard some intresting info the other day. Some AMFA mechs headed to a contract in Rome NY and guess how long they lasted?????? The average was 2 days the longest was 1 week. The coordinator asked me if these guys were used to actually working. I told him they are going to need some patience and eased into contracting and the pace we are used to working at. Also heard that some other airlines have been making inquires with some of the contract houses. I think if the unions had not used the union membership to protect bad and lazy mechs and not tried to impliment outrageous work rules (if a manager touched a job the mech got 8 hours extra pay) then maybe the unions would be stronger and there would be pride in belonging. That is one of the main reasons that Bombardie went back to Canada and left tons of corp mechs out of work in Kansas because they used the union as a protection for the dead weight instead of using the union for weeding out the dead weight and making it an elite group to belong to. Unions were a wonderful thing in the past in America's history, but they took the power they earned and let it go to their heads. Sad, really sad. Although one of the funniest things about AMFA is that when NWA asked for that first 30 cooling off and AMFA fought that THERE WAS THEIR BIGGEST MISTAKE, I dont think this would have turned out so well had AMFA agreed to that then, but I forgot they have all this "insider" info. B)

Opus said:
Thank you PTO, got my offer today the wife and I are discussing it. Heard some intresting info the other day. Some AMFA mechs headed to a contract in Rome NY and guess how long they lasted?????? The average was 2 days the longest was 1 week. The coordinator asked me if these guys were used to actually working. I told him they are going to need some patience and eased into contracting and the pace we are used to working at. Also heard that some other airlines have been making inquires with some of the contract houses. I think if the unions had not used the union membership to protect bad and lazy mechs and not tried to impliment outrageous work rules (if a manager touched a job the mech got 8 hours extra pay) then maybe the unions would be stronger and there would be pride in belonging. That is one of the main reasons that Bombardie went back to Canada and left tons of corp mechs out of work in Kansas because they used the union as a protection for the dead weight instead of using the union for weeding out the dead weight and making it an elite group to belong to. Unions were a wonderful thing in the past in America's history, but they took the power they earned and let it go to their heads. Sad, really sad. Although one of the funniest things about AMFA is that when NWA asked for that first 30 cooling off and AMFA fought that THERE WAS THEIR BIGGEST MISTAKE, I dont think this would have turned out so well had AMFA agreed to that then, but I forgot they have all this "insider" info. B)
[post="304273"][/post]​

Opie,

How brave of you to post your venom of a made up story using your nom de plum.
Do you have proof of this or are you just another lying coward?

-BigE

PlayTheOdds said:
[post="303994"][/post]​

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Play The Odds,
(NO matter your good points, or bad points)

You are 1% above a Child Molester, because..
...YOU are A ........."S"...."C"..."A"...."B"...... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

Opus,Sep 23 2005, 06:12 AM]
That is one of the main reasons that Bombardie went back to Canada and left tons of corp mechs out of work in Kansas because they used the union as a protection for the dead weight instead of using the union for weeding out the dead weight and making it an elite group to belong to.

They dont have unions in Canada?

[post="304273"][/post]​
[/quote]

Latest posts