Amfa Said..........

Bob Owens said:
Opus,Sep 23 2005, 06:12 AM]
That is one of the main reasons that Bombardie went back to Canada and left tons of corp mechs out of work in Kansas because they used the union as a protection for the dead weight instead of using the union for weeding out the dead weight and making it an elite group to belong to.

They dont have unions in Canada?

[post="304273"][/post]​
[post="304340"][/post]​
[/quote]

Ok, here it goes...... I am still trying to figure this one out.....
All these SCABS that post here , bombard us with their vitriolic diatribe, about how independant and skillfull they are etc...blah blah blah....

This begs the question... If these "people", are so great at their craft, and so "in demand"... Then why are they always job jumping ??? You would think that if they are so desireable ( as they profess to be) then any company would do back flips to keep them !!!

WT

Saturdaynite said:
[post="304340"][/post]​
This begs the question... If these "people", are so great at their craft, and so "in demand"... Then why are they always job jumping ???

WT
[post="304544"][/post]​
[/quote]

The backround or drug checks catch up to them.

AMFAMAN said:
This begs the question... If these "people", are so great at their craft, and so "in demand"... Then why are they always job jumping ???

WT
[post="304544"][/post]​

The backround or drug checks catch up to them.
[post="304617"][/post]​
[/quote]

AMFA,

THANK YOU !! HELLO ???????????????????? Anyone out there that screens these geniuses ?

SN

Saturdaynite said:
[post="304340"][/post]​
Ok, here it goes...... I am still trying to figure this one out.....
All these SCABS that post here , bombard us with their vitriolic diatribe, about how independant and skillfull they are etc...blah blah blah....

This begs the question... If these "people", are so great at their craft, and so "in demand"... Then why are they always job jumping ??? You would think that if they are so desireable ( as they profess to be) then any company would do back flips to keep them !!!

WT
[post="304544"][/post]​
[/quote]

Actually, I have been offered, at most of the contracts I have worked, direct employment; however they were in areas of the country that I did not want to live. I also liked having several months off a year, as I am sure you are aware most of the contracts have been in southern location and my wife and I dont like the south. Over the past 10 years I have gone direct twice and once the defense contract ended and the other I just couldnt tolerate the south and that heat in the summer any more, not to mention the mentality in the south. Some people like the hot summers, we dont. Contractors generally are very skilled but have an independent frame of mind, they are able to make decisions for themselves. I have never had a problem with a background check nor a drug screen. The most serious offense I have on my record is a speeding ticket about 13 years ago. I have never tried drugs so drug screens are not an issue. The other contractors that are friends of mine are the same, we enjoy a drink or two on our weekends but we dont get drunk and beer is something we dont drink on the whole, although there is one guy I know that has some special beer sent from Germany all the time, most of us prefer fine wines. Canada is producing some wonderful vintages these days, but the Austrailian wines are highly over rated. I am not saying we are all like this, contractors like ANY group of people has its variety, but I can only speak of the guys and ladies that I know and have worked with. There are contractors out there that I will not work with and there are "direct" employee mechs that I will not work with, and obviously will not socialize with. I really dont mean this to sound like I am a snob everyone has their own personal standards. We are just people most of which are talented aircraft mechs and inspectors and we are working for a living. Contracting started out taking advantage of a shortage in the industry; however many years ago it became obvious what was happening with the industry as a whole. Big business was taking a hard line on pay and the bottom line it was inevitable that that would finally follow into the major carriers. So years ago it (contracting) became a way to keep your pay scale up. You can not refuse to acknowledge the decline that has been taking place over many years now in the employement and in the wages within the aviation industry. FOR THE SAKE OF SAFETY we as a group and Americans must stop out of the country out sourcing first. That will be a major help and then we will begin to have the employment numbers that may give us a better advantage as for pay scale. It is very true that supply and demand are the driving factor in payscale, but without unions one of the major driving factors in pay is an ability to do the job well and timely, mechs that can do that command higher pay, that is a fact in aviation outside the majors. I will tell you there are a lot more contractors out there that are very talented and they are not here yet, they are hoping that NWA does outside hiring soon many are already filling out applications waiting for outside hiring to start. I personally know acouple that Michigan is their home and they didnt come to this contract because of a fear of thuggery and violence, but are very excited at the prospect of working for NWA. You have no idea how many more contractors are out there waiting for the opportunity to work for NWA.

Opus said:
You have no idea how many more contractors are out there waiting for the opportunity to work for NWA.
[post="304733"][/post]​
You're not a contractor anymore, you're a SCAB...Get it right because you're stuck with that title for life.

Red Tail Bear said:
[post="304033"][/post]​

But being from the other side of the fence-(working class/ not management).Why take part in destroying what these unions-(twisted or not) have achieved? I realize you have issues with the unions, but do these issues take precedence over what management is doing to the working class that YOU are a part of?

Because the unions have placed such a chokehold on the day to day operations of a company we might never know the full potential of any given unionized company. You guys say I'm a liar when it comes to unions having a say so as to who gets hired at a unionized company. There are guys on furlough that a company probably doesn’t want back but before they can hire someone else to fill a slot they have to offer that person the position first because of the union. Now if I want my son hired on I can bribe the union rep and he will get on with no problems.

For whatever reasons, the unions of today don't seem to have the power that they did years ago, however I still believe they are needed. I can just imagine what the company would have already done to the other employee groups if there were no unions.

They don't carry the weight that they once did because they don't represent the people and the company in a balanced manner. Plus people see that all their union dues are doing is making some other guy rich.

I don't necessarily beleive in AMFA's philosophy or that they are the solution. But I do have to commend them for taking a stand against this management team and standing up for themselves. I also don't beleive that the IAM is any better than any other union out there or vice versa. However, this is the union that I agreed to join 19 years ago and up until now have done no worse than any other union out there.

I do not see the "GREAT STAND" you guys keep talking about. AMFA has all but destroyed itself and weaken every other union in the industry.

It just works out that way Kev. I ask a question that these AMFA AA pukes are scared to answer and the topic is dropped. I have repeatedly asked dozens of questions on this board and none have gone answered. I am sure because it would shatter the fantasy world that these AA punks have built for themselves. They come onto this Northwest board because they are bored and tired of their meaningless drivel on their own AA board.

These AA punks protest me being here yet I belong here more than they. I do at least work for Northwest. I think that it is because they are miserable with their lives. They don’t like their families (why are they here and not with them?), They don’t like their jobs (why do they belong to a union) they do not like their union (why do they bash it here?) they do not like scabs (why would they leave their jobs?), they do not like their government (why didn’t they vote?) These guys are lower than scabs that they detest so much for they blame everyone and everything for their own miserable lives other than themselves.

Sorry Kev, not so simple.

PlayTheOdds said:
It just works out that way Kev. I ask a question that these AMFA AA pukes are scared to answer and the topic is dropped. I have repeatedly asked dozens of questions on this board and none have gone answered. I am sure because it would shatter the fantasy world that these AA punks have built for themselves. They come onto this Northwest board because they are bored and tired of their meaningless drivel on their own AA board.

These AA punks protest me being here yet I belong here more than they. I do at least work for Northwest. I think that it is because they are miserable with their lives. They don’t like their families (why are they here and not with them?), They don’t like their jobs (why do they belong to a union) they do not like their union (why do they bash it here?) they do not like scabs (why would they leave their jobs?), they do not like their government (why didn’t they vote?) These guys are lower than scabs that they detest so much for they blame everyone and everything for their own miserable lives other than themselves.

[post="305558"][/post]​
Jeeez PTO, your delusional at best. Scared to answer? From a worthless scab? :lol: :lol: :lol: My god, you are full of it. As I stated to you before, I have good friends fighting for their jobs at NWA, they have been decimated by NWA rogue management. Their fight is my fight, and I am helping as I can. I also have been involved in backing AMFA for over 15 years. Their are thousands at many different airlines and other industries just like me... backing the fight against NWA management and scabs like you. This fight is going to be a long one. Just like EAL, its going to be a slow fight to the death. Have you ever reviewed the history of NWA management and its tactics against its employees and their moronic business decisions? You should, its you next. You don't work for NWA, your scabbing for them. When they no longer need you, you will be flushed also. However, I really don't think you'll last through the winter PTO. In fact, the first time your Texas tail gets a few hours in a windy -40 degree winter night on the ramp, you'll be packing your scab suit case for momma down south.

There is a reason your a traveling wrench gypsy. You had your A@P in the mid-late 90's didn't you? Why did you not get on with a major if your so damn good? Got something to hide? Felony? Drugs? Has to be reason, can you fess-up to it? Come on PTO, tell us why your holed-up in a scab hotel a thousand miles from Texas and your wife, you have posted 505 times in 26 days. Bored and miserable in your tiny room? 505....Gotta be a new record. All this, and you have the audacity to state we don't like our families or our jobs? (Your right about not liking the twu). I am sitting in my nice new house right now, and your stuck living in a DTW scab hotel far from home as a NWA wage slave. Who is the unhappy punk again? ;)

As I have stated before, you need to study the RLA, and the NLB as to the why and how. You have no idea what your talking about when it comes to unions, contracts, the government, and how it applies to airlines. Everytime you open your ignorant mouth you insert your foot deeper inside, and your running out of room. :rolleyes:

PlayTheOdds said:

[post="305558"][/post]​
We come on this board to show solidarity PUNK, something you know nothing about. we support our union brothers in thier fight against cut throat corporations and SCUM like you. Your questions have been answered only problem is you can't grasp what true unionism really stands for because you've always been a LONER who cant hack it in a UNION SHOP. you would'nt make a pimple on one of AA's most junior inexperienced mechanics A$$. You see SCAB your not dealing with a bunch of HACK's like yourself, I for one started out back in "85" working third party and seen the shell game played, also watched wrench gypsies like you come and go making a mockery of aviation maintenace. Your fooling no one with the vomit you spew about being on par with us, we've seen it all and its down right scarry! NO SCAB SCUM, THE ONLY THING WE DETEST IS YOUR KIND AND THE INDUSTRY THAT WOULD EVEN GIVE YOU A SECOND GLANCE.

"Your fooling no one with the vomit you spew about being on par with us,.."

You said "on par" heck no I am NOT on par with you DOUBLE EAGLE AT THE VERY LEAST. I will match my skills and experience and education against you anytime and aircraft. We are working here, planes are flying fine, and we are happy. You dont want the job you hate the company so GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON. You are a total waste of humanity, for your sake and your blood pressures sake MOVE ON or go back to work and put on a happy face :rolleyes:

Opus said:
"Your fooling no one with the vomit you spew about being on par with us,.."
You said "on par" heck no I am NOT on par with you DOUBLE EAGLE AT THE VERY LEAST. I will match my skills and experience and education against you anytime and aircraft. We are working here, planes are flying fine, and we are happy. You dont want the job you hate the company so GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON. You are a total waste of humanity, for your sake and your blood pressures sake MOVE ON or go back to work and put on a happy face :rolleyes:
[post="305730"][/post]​
:lol: :lol: :lol: DOpus there you go inflating your ego like your SCAB HACK buddy PTO, just because the news media is no longer focusing on NWA problems does'nt hide the fact. I have several friends at NWA and the story they tell does not collaborate with you and PTO's imagination of "ALL IS WELL", quite the opposite. I have seen the skills you wrench gypies display first hand, and thats one of the reasons I left contract maintenance many years ago. I refused to be a part of a pathetic excuse of aviation where safety fell last on the list of priorities and falsification was encouraged. YOU and YOUR HACK SCAB BUDDIES are a detriment to aviation and the SCUM OF THE EARTH!.......BTW thanx for your concern for my general health BP 129/70, DOC SAYS IM IN EXCELLENT HEALTH FOR A 45 YEAR OLD MAN :up:

PlayTheOdds said:
Good morning local 12. Have you had your wheaties yet?

How many buddies do you have that didn't strike?
[post="306006"][/post]​
have you had your beer breakfast yet?.......does'nt really concern you who my friends are. I can assure you the mechanics I know are still out on strike and have prepared to move on, they knew a long time ago what was coming down the pike and wisely they saved for that day. Its no longer about pay and benefits for these people its about principle and Integrity, you nor NWA has, nor will break these brave men and women.....BTW there are a number of striking mechanics who have spouses who are still employed by NWA union and nonunion, they have a better feel of whats happening with the company than some HACK SCAB cross country motel roach!