AMR/APA might be nearing a deal!

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/10/deal-may-be-near-between-ameri.html

Let's hope this is true. I have heard rumors that the pilots and flight attendants will have TA by
the end of November.

It is hard to overstate the significance of this for AA, and the unions. Getting a TA that both strengthens the company's finances and competitive position, and delivers immediate, tangible benefits for employees - something that both sides have professed to want - would be a huge win-win for everyone. The uncertainty surrounding the union contracts has been a huge black cloud hanging over the company, and preventing some important (and positive) changes from happening. It has also, needless to say, harmed employees, many of whom have seen their real wages decrease year after year that has passed without a new contract.

I sincerely hope that the company and the pilots (and for that matter the flight attendants and the mechanics) can get a TA signed, voted on, and ratified soon. It is in everyone's best interests.

It is hard to overstate the significance of this for AA, and the unions. Getting a TA that both strengthens the company's finances and competitive position, and delivers immediate, tangible benefits for employees - something that both sides have professed to want - would be a huge win-win for everyone. The uncertainty surrounding the union contracts has been a huge black cloud hanging over the company, and preventing some important (and positive) changes from happening. It has also, needless to say, harmed employees, many of whom have seen their real wages decrease year after year that has passed without a new contract.

I sincerely hope that the company and the pilots (and for that matter the flight attendants and the mechanics) can get a TA signed, voted on, and ratified soon. It is in everyone's best interests.

I could not agree more. Sad to read they are closing the SFO pilot base.

I am a little shocked that the APA president would put out this message. It's kid of a 'best case scenario" email. After witnessing the company's intransigence over the past several years, I would be shocked to see a deal. They have proven time and again that they are willing to cut off their nose to spite their face. They view giving us a TA as a "win" for us, and we can't be having any of that now can we.

You should see our monthly schedule bid sheets. What a disaster. About 150 TDYs (how much will that cost?) and dozens of lines cut. The monthly vacancy run (for base, seat, and equipment) has massive upgrades for widebody captains, but hardly any movement for FOs. Apparently, just the captain upgrades alone will max out the schoolhouse.

The ripple effects are being seen out on the line with cancellations, equipment changes etc.. Out of pilots! Once again, how much will this cost?

What a complete freakin' disaster! The funny thing is, we will all find out by the end of this weekend whether AA chooses to run the airline like this for months as opposed to letting the pilot labor bricks get a raise.

Fluf, now that you've said there can't possibly be a deal, we'll probably see an announcement in the next 48 hours.

I am a little shocked that the APA president would put out this message. It's kid of a 'best case scenario" email. After witnessing the company's intransigence over the past several years, I would be shocked to see a deal. They have proven time and again that they are willing to cut off their nose to spite their face. They view giving us a TA as a "win" for us, and we can't be having any of that now can we.

You should see our monthly schedule bid sheets. What a disaster. About 150 TDYs (how much will that cost?) and dozens of lines cut. The monthly vacancy run (for base, seat, and equipment) has massive upgrades for widebody captains, but hardly any movement for FOs. Apparently, just the captain upgrades alone will max out the schoolhouse.

The ripple effects are being seen out on the line with cancellations, equipment changes etc.. Out of pilots! Once again, how much will this cost?

What a complete freakin' disaster! The funny thing is, we will all find out by the end of this weekend whether AA chooses to run the airline like this for months as opposed to letting the pilot labor bricks get a raise.
I bet the APA has a deal by the end of October with the twu and APFA to follow in November. AA milked the NMB for what its worth and has successfully extorted millions if not billions in savings from the delayed settlements with the three union contracts, kuddo's to them, the master plan is comming to an end. JMO

Fluf, now that you've said there can't possibly be a deal, we'll probably see an announcement in the next 48 hours.

"The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised."

-George Will

(BTW, I didn't say "can't possibly", I said I would be shocked, but that would ruin the fun of the quote) :p

"As part of moving American Airlines in a more positive direction, APA and management need to reach an agreement that is good for our pilots and good for the airline. The current environment may well represent our best opportunity to date to conclude bargaining."

If zero cost is good enough it should be a done deal.

The current environment may well represent the best opportunity for an agreement or a chapter 11

My guess is AA wont budge. ;)
Just sayin

I bet the APA has a deal by the end of October with the twu and APFA to follow in November. AA milked the NMB for what its worth and has successfully extorted millions if not billions in savings from the delayed settlements with the three union contracts, kuddo's to them, the master plan is comming to an end. JMO
First of all, I cannot believe that you did not capitalize the twu. Then you placed them before the APFA after them in your sentence. How can the twu roll over properly if you do not place them last?

Looks like a deal is nearer!

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/american-airlines-pilots-prepare-for-a-labor-deal-2011-10-14?siteid=yhoof2

Back