...and PHX begins the shrinking

it's safe to say not a station here has any business talking about how another loads, DFW certainly doesn't and neither does the one I'm at

BL are typically on one cart with the BX secondly you forget we conveniently get around 35 jetway bags mixed You know what dude may be you in DFW need to figure out how to flipping stack bags yourself
To recap, American did something to the pilot base in PHX, hence the reduced flights, but SWA will newer reduce, or pull out of LAS. You must be of low seniority because it's those with under ten years tend to complain the most. Next time BL in common compartment use two if you have to, and BO, BX, BE, in adjacent.

I don't think DFW and MIA have ever separated bags. ORD always had the highest compliance of any hub when we actually QC'd it. But they had a VP who held people accountable (Bernie).

I don't think DFW and MIA have ever separated bags. ORD always had the highest compliance of any hub when we actually QC'd it. But they had a VP who held people accountable (Bernie).
We use to have that QC tool, but I can say this, just a hand full of CCs will load bags to hub the way they should be from DFW, to the down line stations, they only get premium bags loaded last.

To recap, American did something to the pilot base in PHX, hence the reduced flights, but SWA will newer reduce, or pull out of LAS. You must be of low seniority because it's those with under ten years tend to complain the most. Next time BL in common compartment use two if you have to, and BO, BX, BE, in adjacent.

Bob what are you talking about? YOU have under 10 years. And having spent 12 of my 22 year career at DFW I can honestly say most of us stunk at sending non mixed flights all over the World.

I think DFW even won a trophy once for lack of sortation? God we were so so horrible.

We use to have that QC tool, but I can say this, just a hand full of CCs will load bags to hub the way they should be from DFW, to the down line stations, they only get premium bags loaded last.

See. You just admitted it. DFW still stinks.

Unless I'm missing something, this article talks about the lack of competition in CLT, giving AA 90% of the business. Not sure how this implies anything about cuts. Isn't a lack of competition a good thing, instead of battling it out on a route with 2 other airlines?

Ted Reed makes the same mistake as many others - by stating AA's CLT market share as 90%. AA carries 90+% of the total passengers at CLT, but market share is generally considered to be the share of the O&D traffic, of which AA has about 64%, 75% of the total passengers at CLT are connecting, and AA has a 100% share of that (obviously, since no other airline connects passengers at CLT). Of the O&D traffic, there is competition from DL, UA, WN, B6 and some others.

AA will undoubtedly shrink the CLT hub some, but CLT will not get the PIT, BNA, STL, CVG, MEM or CLE treatment. Some of the CLT connections are better served by AA nonstops or connections at ORD/DFW or MIA. Yes, CLT has low airport costs, which helps. The former US (now AA) employees have much higher labor costs than pre-merger, and those higher costs are much higher than the airport costs at the other AA hubs. CLT's low O&D makes it the lowest unit revenue hub in the East (according to AA execs). For premerger US, the CLT hub was cheap, both labor and airport costs, and permitted US to undercut AA with the Advantage Fare program. Now that merged AA+US no longer has any motivation to undercut AA fares from MIA/DFW/ORD, those low CLT connecting fares no longer make sense. CLT will be downsized, especially if the economy tanks or fuel prices spike.

At LAX, AA has far more O&D than at CLT (or PHX), and while some of that local traffic pays low fares, some of it pays plenty (like the front cabins on the LAX-JFK transcons). With Chicago circling the drain, and southern California's economy booming, fighting for high value traffic at LAX makes sense.

Bob what are you talking about? YOU have under 10 years. And having spent 12 of my 22 year career at DFW I can honestly say most of us stunk at sending non mixed flights all over the World.

I think DFW even won a trophy once for lack of sortation? God we were so so horrible.

I will concur that DFW did stink, and in general, so did most of the AA stations in terms of separating bags into PHX when I would get those flights as a connect runner. Even on those rare times when there were only a handful of connecting bags, they were mixed in randomly with the 100+ locals.

Bin nets? Bin gap? What's that on AA metal? We would get write-ups for that stuff with the old AW/US management.

Nothing. My apologies jim. Did not mean to offend u.

Phx i believe will be a focus city. More flights than dca. But i doubt aa will just hand it to swa

Jim, it's a very loose association... you're supposed to sort into a hub, and apparently the upline LAA stations forget PHX is still a hub...

Jim, it's a very loose association... you're supposed to sort into a hub, and apparently the upline LAA stations forget PHX is still a hub...

Ah, excellent point... this would be akin to Miller v. California USSC decision that obscenity was defined as that which is devoid of "serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value," thereby creating the need for a patriotic statement early in the XXX movie before the actual screwing started.

Ergo, I think PHX will continue to shift more flying into Express flying in what were once mainline flights, even to relatively close, mid-sized cities. And is it asking too much for bag handles and bag tags to be facing up or out in the bin? Even mixed gate checked bags could be separated near the door... Thanks.

Latest posts