Another QIK bashing thread

Why on earth would you want to know the names of the people who are going to be in your face in a few minutes?

Certainly you're not inferring that you'd actually work the miscons? Why, that borders on good customer service, and we just dont do that here.........any more.

OK, most front line former Sabre users probably agree that QIK is a pile of manure. On so many levels. (Just had my first day of irregular ops and what a pain rebooking and invol reissues are...Note to the people who came up with QIK: sometimes it takes three segments to get from one place to another. How about making it easier to issue an invol reroute with three segments)

But lets try to come up with some solutions and ways of dealing with the manure pile. Tips (not to be confused with TIPS) from those experienced with QIK are welcome.

My first question for everyone:
Is there something like N*LAND in QIK? (N*LAND in Sabre was an entry for on overview of system weather/ATC delays and the like.)

CTRL+D, F3 type in "land"

The other day a few of us "east" agents asked about retrieving inbound/outbound connecting passenger lists with names, to/from flights and times, etc. This helps in anticipating misconnects and preparing for them. The "west" agents first response was, "what do you need that for?" They told us they don't prep for such things. When pressed about a list, we learned the list described isn't possible. Counts are, such as 1 connect to DFW, 3 to MIA but no names of passengers, no pnr's.
I guess a crappy system works fine if you don't require much from it.
first to retrieve the in/out connect list...ctrl z opt 4
second....pre merger westies as of the last few/several years were only taught to push buttons on qik to get the desired result....did not matter if they did not know what it meant. Talk to some of your old timer westies----we know what to prep for....in fact, the system does not let you close your flight if you do not pull up your inbound connect list. Many do not read what the screen is shouting at them..i.e "can not close as inbound connect has not been done....qik is doing that for you....please wait...."...the majority of pre merger westies never experienced the original shares....and those of us that were proficient in the old shares were told we would have major difficulties on the new qik....never understood that as on the old system I can remember having to actually know and learn long entries---carried around notes galore!! and now we push buttons.
As a pre merger westies, I can tell you as I have before, I too am very disappointed in qik. I was under the impression most of the qik over sabre stuff was coming onboard....not....I have done more reissues in the past 3 weeks then in my 8 years at HP....and it is soooo time consuming. I am lucky that i take pride in knowing how to do something...and am very glad I am able to help my co workers. But it is very very frustrating when pre merger westies whom have used this system can not assist pre merger easties. What does that tell me? Tell you? They were taught the basics to push an on time flight with no service disruptions....it is an embarrassment most times. Sad to say...but I tell anyone when I am asked why the others have no experience in the basics that I am only accountable for myself. I am working on a list of things I would like to see....it is slo going getting it emailed out as I am usually busy rerouting pax....and when my shift is done-my brain has been overworked!! The system is on overload IMO and some things that worked before are slow in working now...
Lastly, I am still just really surprised that more pre merger west were not asked to assist in the hubs--east-I have volunteered and I am sure others would too.

---- Counts are, such as 1 connect to DFW, 3 to MIA but no names of passengers, no pnr's.
I guess a crappy system works fine if you don't require much from it.
---------
to pull up names....after you have the in or out connect flight number....ctrl L f7....if it is inbound connect leave the cty as yours...if it is an outbound connect put the connect cty in...pulls up every pax connecting to that flight.

OK, most front line former Sabre users probably agree that QIK is a pile of manure. On so many levels. (Just had my first day of irregular ops and what a pain rebooking and invol reissues are...Note to the people who came up with QIK: sometimes it takes three segments to get from one place to another. How about making it easier to issue an invol reroute with three segments)

But lets try to come up with some solutions and ways of dealing with the manure pile. Tips (not to be confused with TIPS) from those experienced with QIK are welcome.

My first question for everyone:
Is there something like N*LAND in QIK? (N*LAND in Sabre was an entry for on overview of system weather/ATC delays and the like.)

SURE... HIT CTRL D, F3, type in LAND

I already started a thread on SHARES issues...which unfortunately, not many responded to...I was hoping for a few answers myself.

see ATTN: East Customer Service Agents

Shares needs to get removed as asap and sabre needs to be restarted. If this continues too much longer we will have totally destroyed our customer base. This system can only be described as a total and abject failure and Tempe needs to hear about it. They are delusional if they beleive otherwise. Just look at the delays in the east cities coded for MI and the like for shares problems. Ac come back to the gate for fuel because the gates can't close the flight. Try working an oversale at the gate Oopps can't be done since the gate computers can no longer ticket , so all oversales get dumped on special service or the ato. Now where is that a step forward? This system is cumbersome , keystroke intensive and it simply sucks.

Shares needs to get removed as asap and sabre needs to be restarted. If this continues too much longer we will have totally destroyed our customer base. ......

A far as the customer base issue, some would argue that the company is doing a great job decimating it with the aircraft reconfigs! :shock:

As much as a lot people want (pray for, dream of) a return to Sabre, that is very, very unlikely. Maybe we can hope for an alternative to QIK, native SHARES. Sure it has more than its share (pun intended) of limitations, but doesn't straitjacket the user like QIK does. As Piney Bob as others have mentioned, CO seems to make to with it and run a pretty big and pretty good airline. (I tried to start a discussion of native SHARES on the CO forum, but pretty much no one reads that forum.) I've seen CO people use it using "string entries". No too different from Sabre, in many ways.

(Prior to the USAir merger, PI used CARE, pretty much a copy of SHARRES, then called System one).

On a related note, does anyone other than CO and US use shares? How many carriers use Sabre? Offhand, I can come up with AA, AS, TZ, F9.

Maybe we can hope for truth to the rumor that Star Alliance
wants all members to standardize on Amadeus. (Unless US gets drummed out of *A for this fiasco. :eek: :p )

The only logical conclusion is to bury Shares and revert back to Sabre , although that is highly unlikely.. Tempe will not want to admit their grevious and abject error and failure in this instance.

How much is this changeover going to cost us in future business? I know that if I was a paying passenger looking at the corporate decisions coming out of Tempe I would book on someone else. They might be making money but they are driving our best passengers away and in the long run will hurt us. The amount of money we lose over this changeover could more than cover continuing sabre.
your should try working a transatlantic flight in this system....my rome flt was delayed and i was trying to help my customers and rebook and connections in fco....the system does not even recognize hlf the city codes in europe....how are we going to book china flts :shock:

Why on earth would you want to know the names of the people who are going to be in your face in a few minutes?

Certainly you're not inferring that you'd actually work the miscons? Why, that borders on good customer service, and we just dont do that here.........any more.
i couldnt agree more...tried to clear an "hkn" form the standy list today and seat him next to his wife who had a seat....they alreayd were pretty frazzled...awa "helper"/stepford wife said no cant do that have to go in order so my customers were left unhappy....doogie is taking us down..i give us a year or two more :(

A Maybe we can hope for an alternative to QIK, native SHARES. Sure it has more than its share (pun intended) of limitations, but doesn't straitjacket the user like QIK does. As Piney Bob as others have mentioned, CO seems to make to with it and run a pretty big and pretty good airline. (I tried to start a discussion of native SHARES on the CO forum, but pretty much no one reads that forum.) I've seen CO people use it using "string entries". No too different from Sabre, in many ways.

(Prior to the USAir merger, PI used CARE, pretty much a copy of SHARRES, then called System one).
System one was Eastern old system that Lorenzo sold toTexas Air holding company and its major subsidiary, Continental Airlines on disadvantageous terms to Eastern.Piedmonts original computerize seat assingments came from system one amoung other things

3 entries versus one in sabre. ok, real efficient!

OK, lets issue an SST!
OK, let's (for the sake of argument) say that CTRL G, F10,
Option 16, (or whatever) is easier to learn for the "point and click" type folks than MISC1/4.
But at least let's make sure the bloody thing WORKS. Instead of just sitting there. Not even saying "BUSY" or "TIMEOUT".(Like does so often).
Call to help desk follows. Actually get through, instead of a 20 min hold. Their answer: Oh, if "other check-in option" 16 is not working, HANDWRITE an SST!!! Then try down the only person with keys to the handwritten ticket stock. (At the gate dealing with oversales.) (Can't remember the last I even saw a handwrite SST, much less issue one)

"You're in luck, Sir". Our new computer system doesn't want to take your USD 100.....Have a nice flight."

But don't forget. QIK is cheaper than Sabre!

Doug's 100.00 Hat trick is TRUE ADMISSION of the Major F-Up with the migration.
A true migration would be flawless, passengers would not notice, it should have flowed very very smooth---except of course....with the software..If we had Native Shares, NOT OF THIS CRAP would Occur..

Every day when I come home, Im mentally drained,and a stress headache!

I cannot think anymore which screen to flip flop to... :down: :eek:

Besides 100.00 is NOT ENOUGH, Come talk to me about 250-500...then maybe :up:

Latest posts