Another warning of what's coming

PTO:

You have to remember throughout all of the other posters in this thread that the underlying reason for any accident is when a non-union mechanic works on anything, he screws it up.

When you become a union member, you are granted special powers and velvet robes and septers to carry so that all who see you can bow down in respect.

I think I remember reading in the Old Testament where Jesus was an MD80 mechanic.

Being pretty liberal calling a lot of these illegal aliens and scabs "mechanics." They're just idiots off the street willing to work for crap wages and keep their mouth shut. They can maybe do one task that they're taught, then some other jerkoff with a ticket signs the work off . . . or maybe a secretary in the office.

Winglet:

You're just trying to trick me into saying what I think you should be called.

I don't get tricked that easily.

There aren't enough sleasy four letter words to describe what I think you are.

Get the picture?

The people who are out there, on the line, doing a job that you and your friends don't want to do anymore, are no different than anybody else.

They are people who probably have families and want the best for those families.

That's why they are doing YOUR job because YOU don't want to.

They are being paid, you're not!

Who's smart? My money is on the guys getting paid.

And my hat is off to them.

Being pretty liberal calling a lot of these illegal aliens and scabs "mechanics." They're just idiots off the street willing to work for crap wages and keep their mouth shut. They can maybe do one task that they're taught, then some other jerkoff with a ticket signs the work off . . . or maybe a secretary in the office.

Winglet, What are you talking about? Are you hitting the booze a little heavy this weekend? You should take a look at what is going on here and shake Dells speeches out of your head.

Wrong again Hackman, I just got through with a paintball war with the entire family. I had turkey right here at my parent’s house with all the trimmings.

You are right about the FAA being a reactive organization. The writing is already on the wall though and I do hope that the FAA can recognize the shortcomings it is facing if it doesn't get ahead of this trend.
How did you get the holiday weekend off 'Cods? Did you use the superior scab bionic lip-lock on the scab boss? How did Scab Airlines make it with out the 'Cods-of-all-Trades, master-of-none super scab on a busy holiday weekend?

I heard that DTW management served its scabs Thanksgiving dinner, but nothing to its rampers or gate agents. Sounds like a fun place to be a wrench gypsy. :down:

I think I remember reading in the Old Testament where Jesus was an MD80 mechanic.

Don't you mean the "New Testament"?

No........12.
The OLD.

really? WAITING for chapter and verse!

I think Jim is confused with Ezekiel 1:4-1:24. What Ezekiel saw was a “spacecraftâ€￾ looking to outsource their work, and was told to ask for a mechanic named Jesus. I believe that after a short conversation it was realized that Jesus wouldn’t be around for another few hundred years, and they were to come back during the NEW Testament.
Nice tie-in flight_planner_jim. :blink:

I thought this topic was about the safety of the last four years. There is an item or two I would like to bring up.

One being, after 9-11 the FAA was leaning toward the direction of upgrading the aging ATC system. The only good thing to come of that tragedy was that there were fewer aircraft, and hence not the traffic commitment. Four years on the air traffic has picked back up to pre-9-11 levels, and if I am not mistaken the majority of the ATC system is still considered “outdatedâ€￾.

The second item I think that needs to be brought to the fore is the growing “General Aviationâ€￾ arena. By “General Aviationâ€￾ I mean the Corporate, Charter, Private, and up coming Air Taxi operations. I for one am happy to see the growth in these markets, but it still raise a concern as far as air safety.

The next four years with either see the ATC system turn into a chaotic mess, or be a period of technological growth (and implementation).

Thoughts, worries, concerns, or solutions?

Thanks SW I completely forgot about that "circle within circle" :up: As for the FAA getting their house in order, you must remember this is a government agency and we all know how effecient that system works. I would'nt expect alot of change until aircraft accidents become a common accurance and public outcry demands change!

When you say "compensate", that tells me there were abnormal adjustments made to the trim settings, more than likely the horizontal stabilizer and/or the rudder. This should have been picked up on immediately. Granted the third shop started the ball rolling but the carrier dropped it.

How did you get the holiday weekend off 'Cods? Did you use the superior scab bionic lip-lock on the scab boss? How did Scab Airlines make it with out the 'Cods-of-all-Trades, master-of-none super scab on a busy holiday weekend?

I heard that DTW management served its scabs Thanksgiving dinner, but nothing to its rampers or gate agents. Sounds like a fun place to be a wrench gypsy. :down:

What do you think about that Hackman? A little over two months with the company and I got a three day holiday weekend off. Let me see a newbie do that in a union shop. I should have a few more surprises for you in December. :up:

Latest posts

Back