Anti-AFA Delta FA's On US 1549

So it seems the testing companies were at fault for the way they handled the testing right?

Yes.

apparently the entire situation was handled poorly by all involved.

Yes.

The company was all too quick to throw this lady under the proverbial bus. They then went on to vigorously defend the testing company even as evidence of faulty practice and mounting public outcry. If not for ALPA, and the AFA causing a stink, justice might not have ever been served.

This spoke/speaks volumes on the kind of "great workplace" Delta is.

P.S. Google's your friend, but here's a link to get you on your way.

Yes, and so was Delta. Please read. Also her personal account of how
she was treated by Management. Delta even sent a Japaneese supervisor
up to PDX from LAX to "speak" to her about resigning to save her "Honor".
first of all a score of 5.3 should have not been round down to a 5 (that was the labs mistake)

however!

when the results were reported as substitute...at that point, before she was fired, someone should have requested the split sample should have been sent to another lab for additional testing.

this particular situation would have been completely avoided.

Yes.

If not for ALPA, and the AFA causing a stink, justice might not have ever been served.

According to Yasko, ALPA yes, not the AFA. They were unable to help her. Not they
didn't want to. Most lawyers woudn't take her case because she was an "At will employee"
She finally found a local PDX laywer who worked with ALPA on this case.
She credits her lawyer and ALPA. ALPA because a pilot was accused of the same
thing. He also has his job back but is very low keyed about the subject.

Yes.

Yes.

The company was all too quick to throw this lady under the proverbial bus. They then went on to vigorously defend the testing company even as evidence of faulty practice and mounting public outcry. If not for ALPA, and the AFA causing a stink, justice might not have ever been served.

This spoke/speaks volumes on the kind of "great workplace" Delta is.

Well of course the laborpress.org article is going to sensationalize the event as much as possible. But either way, just from what I read, it was a terrible thing that happen and good for her that she was able to get her job back.

Did everyone involved act poorly? Looks that way to me yes.

As far as "speaks volumes" I would be concerned if the errors were still happening on a regular basis. But since it apparently isnt, and the event happen in 1999 (10 years ago) it appears lessons have been learned by those making decisions at DAL.

For me I can say Delta is a great place to work. Others may think different. Pulling an event from 10 years ago to judge whats happening in the present time seems irrelevant, except for those that continue to harbor grudges for whatever reasons.

Yes you are correct that was 10 years ago.
and in the not too distant past we had the
experiment known as "Song". Today we have a very
quiet injustice going on with new weight standards,
or should I say "Size requirements". So yes, Delta finally
"gets it" but after how many have to be fired first?

Yes you are correct that was 10 years ago.
and in the not too distant past we had the
experiment known as "Song". Today we have a very
quiet injustice going on with new weight standards,
or should I say "Size requirements". So yes, Delta finally
"gets it" but after how many have to be fired first?

Meaning what? What injustice was their with Song? What other events are there that would be considered injustice?

For me I can say Delta is a great place to work.

I do not necessarily feel that is the point, its not that people do not recognize that it is not, but simply it appears what has happened in the past..not everything is being brought forward and told exactly how it really is..

Others may think different.

people base their opinions on actual experiences either great or not so good.

Pulling an event from 10 years ago to judge whats happening in the present time seems irrelevant, except for those that continue to harbor grudges for whatever reasons.

it is relevent.

someone cannot paint a broad picture of how great everything maybe and how everyone is treated right in the family, when in fact it is shown that is not the case at all.

I did not know this story happened at all until just very recently, so to me, its sort of like.. someone should absolutely tell the wonderful aspects but.. also include the others..because when it doesn't happen, it looks like someone is hiding something.

someone may not like to hear the brutal honesty.. but actually appreciate at least it was told...

I do not necessarily feel that is the point, its not that people do not recognize that it is not, but simply it appears what has happened in the past..not everything is being brought forward and told exactly how it really is..
In context of Kevs statement where he asserts that:
"This spoke/speaks volumes on the kind of "great workplace" Delta is."

I say different, it is a great place to work. And from searching it looks like the event has been hashed and rehashed over and over. All we are doing is the very same. Should we all be vilified in the present day for what had happen 10 years ago?
it is relevent.
It is only relevant if the practice is still happening, but apparently it is not. What connection do we have now in the present time to the event of 10 years ago? Please someone correct me if im wrong, but if it was still happening, im sure we all would be discussing instead of rehashing an event of 10 years ago. Right?
someone cannot paint a broad picture of how great everything maybe and how everyone is treated right in the family, when in fact it is shown that is not the case at all.
And by that same token arent we painting a broad picture of an event that happen 10 years ago?

I did not know this story happened at all until just very recently, so to me, its sort of like.. someone should absolutely tell the wonderful aspects but.. also include the others..because when it doesn't happen, it looks like someone is hiding something.
Opinion? Conspiracy Theory perhaps???

someone may not like to hear the brutal honestly.. but actually appreciate at least it was told...
Who's not listening? What would be your solution to rectify a 10 year old event that would serve any purpose to the present time?

In context of Kevs statement where he asserts that:

I say different, it is a great place to work.
and I believe that to be the case based on your personal experience(which I gladly enjoy reading in order to obtain different perspectives)

And from searching it looks like the event has been hashed and rehashed over and over.
I do not find it to be "rehased" especially since I personally only found out this happened a few weeks ago.
All we are doing is the very same. Should we all be vilified in the present day for what had happen 10 years ago?
you cannot forget the past because if one does they are prone to repeat it..

It is only relevant if the practice is still happening, but apparently it is not.
that implies the proper procedures are in place today due to a learning lesson..

What connection do we have now in the present time to the event of 10 years ago? Please someone correct me if im wrong, but if it was still happening, im sure we all would be discussing instead of rehashing an event of 10 years ago. Right?
everything that happens in the past is relevant, will always be relevant, if someone tries to dismiss what happened by error in the past or completely avoid..again as mentioned they are prone to repeat..you have to keep an eye on the future while remembering events in the past.

And by that same token arent we painting a broad picture of an event that happen 10 years ago?
personally, I like to have all the facts available, good and not so good ones too..

Opinion? Conspiracy Theory perhaps???
are you going to put "conspiracy theorist" on a name bar or what? talk about rehashing!

Who's not listening? What would be your solution to rectify a 10 year old event that would serve any purpose to the present time?
I enjoy learning History..and everything that has happened in the past...matters.

Meaning what? What injustice was their with Song? What other events are there that would be considered injustice?

ok, I am taking it that you are new with Delta, or based in a city that Song didn't
cannibalize. That's ok. A little perspective from the Delta F/A side:
A while back we had Delta Express. 737's flying once class service to primarily
leisure destinations. They F/A's in MCO worked these flights and also worked Mainline.
Soon to be followed by those in BOS/NYC. After 9/11 they cut back flights. Soon there
after they had this "terrific" idea that we need bigger a/c to compete. Song was born.
However they chose to keep this separate from Mainline as far as F/A's. NOT PILOTS just
f/a's. So they interviewed to fly with SONG and only flew SONG. SONG then took
over more and more flying from Mainline thus reducing MAINLINE in these bases. As far
as a F/A was concerned it didn't matter if it were Song or Continental flying these flights. The
flying in these bases were gone. Delta continued to pit the two groups against each other.
One advertisement even called the song f/a's "EXTRA SPECIAL" than what you would have
on Mainline. Now if you were based in SLC/ATL you didn't noticed. However the bases that
were affected were indeed cannibalized. Imagine if you are based in ATL and one day
Delta says that 40% of your flying is going to Air Tran. We are not going to operate these flights. Again, from a F/A's perspective you will not have 40% of the flying in your base.
Delta could have easily avoided this. They chose not to listen to the Delta F/A's and because
this didn't affect ATL. It didn't matter.
Today we have the "new Weight restrictions" or as I said earlier, Size restriction.
Let me start of by saying I personally don't mind if we have an agreed upon weight restriction.
We use to have a L1011 Hatch that everyone had to fit through in case of an emergency.
IT WAS STANDARD. SAME SIZE. Today we "secretly" have a weight/size requirement that
isn't standard. In jet recurrent more and more f/a's are failing because they can't fit in the j/s seat belt. Yes delta has to have some standard, however that's the point. The size isn't standard.
You have different sizes for different a/c and even different sizes for the same a/c. So if you "happen" to pick the "smaller" a/c they you could fail.
I feel there is a problem here because I am not fat at all and on the 757 I fit into the
j/s lap belt however, when I pull on it tight, I am already at the end. Only on the 757.
There is something wrong here....Underhanded even. And I say Secret because not many people are
coming about this because of embarrassment.

I guess it comes down to the way Managment treats their own. These three incidents
do leave a bad taste in my mouth. As I have stated many times on here. I am no
fan of the AFA. I do believe there is pros/cons on both. Both sides have dark sides that
tend to get swept under the carpet.

Back