Anti-AFA Delta FA's On US 1549

Well of course the laborpress.org article is going to sensationalize the event as much as possible.

I figured you wouldn't be able to look past the source of the article, hence the comment about using Google.

Did everyone involved act poorly? Looks that way to me yes.

Not everyone. The F/A seemed to act completely within the company's policies/procedures.

As far as "speaks volumes" I would be concerned if the errors were still happening on a regular basis. But since it apparently isnt, and the event happen in 1999 (10 years ago) it appears lessons have been learned by those making decisions at DAL.

False drug tests might not be occurring, but capricious management tactics certainly are. Look around. Ask around.

As for speaking volumes, here we have a company that likes to pride itself as a "great place" to work," yet were it not for pressure from ALPA, would have thrown an employee-who was by all counts exemplary- out like yesterday's trash. This "shoot first, ask questions later" policy happens all the time; most are just of a lower profile in nature.

Do you not see the contradiction here?

For me I can say Delta is a great place to work.

Good for you (really). I wonder how that opinion might change if you ever found yourself on the wrong side of a "sit down" with corporate security?

dapoes said:
QUOTE (jalbalpa @ Feb 21 2009, 03:10 PM)
Come on guys, you can't expect Dapoes to understand any of this. She has been asked about being on special assignement and never denies it. We all clearly know why she is here now.

This was addressed long before you crawled out from where ever you came from. Believe what you will, i honestly don't care what you think.

Looks like I hit a soft spot.

I figured you wouldn't be able to look past the source of the article, hence the comment about using Google.
Oh kev you know me all to well.
Not everyone. The F/A seemed to act completely within the company's policies/procedures.
I wasnt referring to the FA.
False drug tests might not be occurring, but capricious management tactics certainly are. Look around. Ask around.
Ok Kev, I will do just that.
Good for you (really). I wonder how that opinion might change if you ever found yourself on the wrong side of a "sit down" with corporate security?
If it ever happens, you will be the first to know.

Not everyone. The F/A seemed to
everyone involved in this particular situation absolutely handled the situation poorly, you are correct only the Flight Attendant.. being the exception.. as she was merely the subject and not necessarily was a part of the problem who handled the actual situation on both sides.

As for speaking volumes, here we have a company that likes to pride itself as a "great place" to work," yet were it not for pressure from ALPA, would have thrown an employee-who was by all counts exemplary- out like yesterday's trash. This "shoot first, ask questions later" policy happens all the time; most are just of a lower profile in nature.

Do you not see the contradiction here?
Kev I get it already. You hate all things DAL. So much so it makes your skin crawl it seems. This policy that "happens all the time" and yet you bring up something that happen 10 years ago?

What exactly is the reaction you want me to have Kev? Should all FA/workers at DAL walk out in protest over this 10 year old event? Somehow i would be willing to bet that the FA in question has moved on more so then some here it appears.

What injustice was their with Song? What other events are there that would be considered injustice?
probably the name and the fact it never made any money including the failed marketing attempt that really never presented itself to more customers..

whoever was in charge there did not really utilize it to its best potential..that is a shame because I heard a few good things about the service..here and there..

i would be willing to bet that the FA in question has moved on more so then some here it appears.
in a way its confusing..how is it that someone may find out something recently(for the first time) that happened and wants clarification is told to move on? not suggesting that is the case, but it appears like..trying to sweep it under the rug. I find that interesting especially when it was DL people who brought it up the first place?

in a way its confusing..how is it that someone may find out something recently(for the first time) that happened and wants clarification is told to move on? not suggesting that is the case, but it appears like..trying to sweep it under the rug. I find that interesting especially when it was DL people who brought it up the first place?
Sorry Dig you lost me on this one. What exactly are you talking about?

Kev I get it already. You hate all things DAL.

That's awful assumptive of you... and incorrect.

My contempt is reserved for upper management who talk out of both sides of their mouth. Second place is reserved for those that blindly follow whatever they preach, even if it means ignoring what's happening all around them.

So much so it makes your skin crawl it seems. This policy that "happens all the time" and yet you bring up something that happen 10 years ago?

I didn't bring it up. I did use it as an example, and to point out that this same mentality amongst DL (and NW) management continues to this day. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't occurring.

What exactly is the reaction you want me to have Kev?

The "reaction" I wanted was your honest opinion on how you felt about this specific event . It only took 12 days.

Should all FA/workers at DAL walk out in protest over this 10 year old event?

Nope, they should sign an A card, and vote "yes."

When doing so, they oughta remember that things like that can and will occur as at will employees. They should also keep in mind that sometimes the emperor really isn't wearing any clothes.

Sorry Dig you lost me on this one. What exactly are you talking about?
its like this..someone brings up a situation that actually has happened that someone may not have been aware of...first thought is...'oh my gosh that is horrible' did they correct that or resolve the situation..if someone wants further clarification they should not be considered dwelling on a subject or asked to move on because someone else may have, it is really about having a clear perspectives and knowing the situation was corrected and will not happen again.

someone should never ask someone to move on.. while they are still asking questions was sort of what I was thinking..

Bingo...why am I not surprised.

You shouldn't be surprised at all. My stance on representation doesn't change much...

Events like this-even being in the past-shouldn't be ignored or forgotten.

Add to that fun things like the 7.5 plan, Song staffing (which I just learned of here), DGS, RHS, and other events and it paints a picture very much in contrast to the "hurray for everything" portrait DL management wants everyone to see.

Bonus points for going what? Five posts now w/o an emoticon...

its like this..someone brings up a situation that actually has happened that someone may not have been aware of...first thought is...'oh my gosh that is horrible' did they correct that or resolve the situation..if someone wants futher clarification they should not be considered dwelling on a subject or asked to move on because someone else may have, it is really about having a clear perspectives and knowing the situation was corrected and will not happen again.

someone should never should ask someone to move on.. while they are still asking questions was sort of what I was thinking..

It wasnt directed at you in particular. It was my little poopy Kev. :wub:

Somehow i would be willing to bet that the FA in question has moved on more so then some here it appears.
You would be correct. She has moved on. She is still drinking alot of water though lol :)
but she will never forget how she was treated. In her mind she is just a number now.
sad.

Latest posts