Are the streets in downtown Ft Myers in a gun free zone?

MCI transplant said:
Hey K.C., what's Obama's home town, Chicago's score this week? How many killed in a "No gun zone!"

Thank you for pointing this out. See...the argument is that because of Chicago's strict gun laws...violent crime is rampant.  So I point to a town that has less restrictive gun laws...in an area that was not a gun free zone....and still one is killed, 5 are injured (and the gunman is still on the loose).  I thought that less strict gun laws made us all safer and people wouldn't try shooting up an event if it wasn't in a gun free zone.  But it happened.  The only reason I have found is that Fr Myers is apparently a dangerous small city.   Chicago is a dangerous big city...I wonder if loosening the restrictions on gun laws would make it safer.  But as I pointed out...most of the people who are killed in Chicago are carrying a gun themselves.

KCFlyer said:

Thank you for pointing this out. See...the argument is that because of Chicago's strict gun laws...violent crime is rampant.  So I point to a town that has less restrictive gun laws...in an area that was not a gun free zone....and still one is killed, 5 are injured (and the gunman is still on the loose).  I thought that less strict gun laws made us all safer and people wouldn't try shooting up an event if it wasn't in a gun free zone.  But it happened.  The only reason I have found is that Fr Myers is apparently a dangerous small city.   Chicago is a dangerous big city...I wonder if loosening the restrictions on gun laws would make it safer.  But as I pointed out...most of the people who are killed in Chicago are carrying a gun themselves.

The straw man is heavy on you....

In a crime riddled community like Fort Myers, you somehow twist some kind of argument out of it? Without knowing the who/why/what behind the shooting/incident?

And you wonder why liberals are never taken seriously when talking about guns? The argument you just made is ridiculous.

Most of the people in Chicago carrying guns are not lawful abiding citizens minding their own business.

Gangs killing each other - Not law abiding.

See the difference?

Apparently not.

southwind said:
It's the gun's fault!

Heh

BAD-Gun-125181109246.gif

This ones for you KC...

CPL holder shoots armed robbers after being mugged

One of the suspects reached into the victim's pocket and  stole $220. The trio became excited about the money they just nabbed and became distracted - at that moment the CPL holder pulled out his gun and fired.

See that right there?

Law abiding citizen (aka "gun nut" as you libby's love to stereotype them) defends himself in crime riddled community of Detroit. 

Your move.

southwind said:
It's the gun's fault!

I didn't say that.  But tell me...downtown Ft Myers is not a gun free zone.  I have read quite a few posts that say shooters will pick a gun free zone over another one because they know that nobody will be armed....although many folks I know with a CCL will break the law and carry into a gun free zone.  But someone DID choose to shoot and kill one and injure five in a "non gun free zone".   I didn't think this was possible.  And I've heard that carrying a gun will make us safer.  There was ARMED security at this event - yet it still happened.  One interesting thing....the shooters in the gun free zones were all shot or killed.  This shooter is still on the loose.  
I suppose all I am saying is that while it wasn't the guns fault....guns also didn't make them safe. 

KCFlyer said:

I didn't say that.  But tell me...downtown Ft Myers is not a gun free zone.  I have read quite a few posts that say shooters will pick a gun free zone over another one because they know that nobody will be armed....although many folks I know with a CCL will break the law and carry into a gun free zone.  But someone DID choose to shoot and kill one and injure five in a "non gun free zone".   I didn't think this was possible.  And I've heard that carrying a gun will make us safer.  There was ARMED security at this event - yet it still happened.  One interesting thing....the shooters in the gun free zones were all shot or killed.  This shooter is still on the loose.  
I suppose all I am saying is that while it wasn't the guns fault....guns also didn't make them safe. 

PSA: See that right there folks?

That's what happens when you stop thinking.

KCFlyer said:

It appears that whoever did the shooting fled the scene. Since its still under investigation it would be premature to label it a "mass shooting" like the rest.

There was another shooting in Flagstaff AZ after the one in Oregon. I noticed that it was labeled as a yet another mass shooting. However looking at the incident it looks more like the kid was in fear of being beat up by four other individuals and retrieved a gun to protect himself. Whether that was warranted or not is up to the investigators and the courts to figure out. But it no "mass shooting".

Reactions: 1 person
7days said:

It appears that whoever did the shooting fled the scene. Since its still under investigation it would be premature to label it a "mass shooting" like the rest.

There was another shooting in Flagstaff AZ after the one in Oregon. I noticed that it was labeled as a yet another mass shooting. However looking at the incident it looks more like the kid was in fear of being beat up by four other individuals and retrieved a gun to protect himself. Whether that was warranted or not is up to the investigators and the courts to figure out. But it no "mass shooting".

That much is obvious. Except for liberals. 

Goes in one end, out the other......

7days said:

When one person is shot, I call it assault.  When two people are shot, it could be a "lovers quarrel".  When 5 people are shot - if it isn't a mass shooting...what is it? 

Reactions: 1 person
KCFlyer said:

When one person is shot, I call it assault.  When two people are shot, it could be a "lovers quarrel".  When 5 people are shot - if it isn't a mass shooting...what is it? 

You must have missed the news when they said "its under investigation".

Or are you moonlighting as a internet PI?

lol

KCFlyer said:

Who knows, maybe someone who walked into the zombie festival not knowing whats going on and thought the zombie apocalypse had commenced. It is Florida after all.