ATA shuts down

This makes me sad, ATA was one of the best airlines to work for and they had the best training program for new hires I'd ever been through.

I left ATA on maternity leave long before they went under, they had pulled out of clt by the time i was ready to come back... and now am with circUS. I will miss ATA :(

Aloha ...now this.

It makes you sick to your stomach. I hate seeing any airline people lose their jobs. They are a part of our airline family. While some scumbag is sitting back bragging about how they've helped run up the price of oil and are making a killing.

I've just been told that US Airways will allow ATA FA's to have any unoccupied cabin seat on a US Airways mainline flight for the next seven days to allow people to commute and to simply get home. :up:

ATA was still flying their L1011's and leased DC-10's, IIRC, for their military charters. Neither of those were listed as their "fleet" on their web site, but they were around. The crews were their own, I'm fairly sure.

They also flew 757-300's on transatlantic...I greeted a good friend coming back from eye-rack who flew in on a 757-300.

I feel for the employees of ATA. Unlike the media, who only talks about fliers impacted, less consumer choice, and lost frequent flier miles. I particularly feel for the ATA mechs, given the crap they have to work with. Any group that can successfuly keep and airplane like an L1011 in the air deserves my respect. We had one of their DC-10's in our hangar a while back. One of the oldest pieces of sh*t in the sky. They did a T/R change ( on the #2 no less ) without taking a break.

Latest posts